turf war- Journo's Vs Coaches

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

turf war- Journo's Vs Coaches

who is winning in the trenches?

Mick's now come out and said - no midweek presser- ( exactly why the radio stations pick on Ross :roll: )
Laidley and Clarkson and Wallace and Williams have all Pin pointed articles that journo's have misquoted or made up etc.
Harvey - is no where near being able to stand the heat-

Ross commented to radio station on the weekend - after Caro's query on his allegiances that he felt he handled it quite well after being floored by the suggestion,

Leigh seems to be handling it- sunnies and all
Rocket has pulled back this year although does a Little more than some others
Thompson continues to present his sour face and if they query Ross's allegiances they should check out Mark's -' they' comments in relation to his team

Ratten and Knights still quiet
Woosha has found a shell to hide in
Craig gets plaudits- but talks like the scientist he is.
Bailey - honest
Roosy manages to make it seem like he is still out with the 12 yr olds????

Interesting that most of the coaches are now feeling so ' scrutinised' that they feel the need to comment on it.- or just a change in the way this 'industry' has changed.

is it my imagination or are they becoming less willing I listen to no longer have regular chats with many- or is it more that the ' media ' departments of clubs are gaining more control of what comes out even to the coaches comments.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Call a spade a spade - weak coaches with weak personalities can't handle the heat.

And if you can't handle the heat, the door is over there.

The press doesn't bother Leigh Matthews because he is open and honest with the media, and they respect him for it. He rarely closes sessions, or has a crack at journalists.

Same with Paul Roos. He sends his kids over to hang out with the kids of a prominant Sydney journo.

Just a question - who would you rate as the best two coaches in the league? It's no coincidence...and I can assure you, the media is no softer just because they're in non-AFL states.

When a coach is pensive, evasive, rude or intollerent, he'll get smashed by the press and rightly so. Great coaches have always managed to get on well with the media because there's mutual respect.

But the media won't suffer fools gladly. If they sense a dud coach, they'll drill him.

Before anyone asks, why they've given Lyon an armchair ride - I believe - is because so many championed the demise of GT, and want Lyon to vindicate their beliefs.

Let's face it, it's why so many non-St Kilda colleagues and friends have talked us up over the past 18 months as well.

However, I think the media will start to swallow its pride. Everyone already has - read the tremendous piece by Connolly - but for Robert Walls. I wonder why...

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Call a spade a spade - weak coaches with weak personalities can't handle the heat.

The press doesn't bother Leigh Matthews because he is open and honest with the media, and they respect him for it. He rarely closes sessions, or has a crack at journalists.

Same with Paul Roos. He sends his kids over to hang out with the kids of a prominant Sydney journo.

Just a question - who would you rate as the best two coaches in the league? It's no coincidence...and I can assure you, the media is no softer just because they're in non-AFL states.

When a coach is pensive, evasive, rude or intollerent, he'll get smashed by the press and rightly so. Great coaches have always managed to get on well with the media because there's mutual respect.

But the media won't suffer fools gladly. If they sense a dud coach, they'll drill him.

Before anyone asks, why they've given Lyon an armchair ride - I believe - is because so many championed the demise of GT, and want Lyon to vindicate their beliefs.

Let's face it, it's why so many non-St Kilda colleagues and friends have talked us up over the past 18 months as well.

However, I think the media will start to swallow its pride. Everyone already has - read the tremendous piece by Connolly - but for Robert Walls. I wonder why...
The media gave Lyon a honeymoon period - most new coaches get it cause the media dont know what to expect - NOTHING to do with Grant Thomas IMO.

As for nonsense questions like the tripe Wilson asked based on NOTHING but her "suspicions" it got what it deserved.

Interesting to hear tonight there was an article involving Matthew Richardson in trouble at a nighr club....yet Caro was very quiet on the topic......must be that "objective" journalistic badge of honour on display again.

Shes a trollop.

“Yeah….nah””
St.Kenny
Club Player

When a coach is pensive, evasive, rude or intollerent, he'll get smashed by the press and rightly so.

Then please tell me how Mick Malthouse manages to evade getting 'smashed' when he is all of the above.

Interesting also to note how Caro pulled back on interrogating MAlthouse regarding the Tim Lane article questioning his coaching success of over 20 years for only 2 premierships at the 2 strongets clubs in the AFL. Clearly Mathouse didnt want to talk about this and Caro didnt push the points made in the article. Selective journalism at its best.

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
loris
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:

We might not often agree "evertonfc" but methinks this is a very perceptive comment of yours........ cheers loris

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

What about Mark Harvey...has he lost the plot or what...he thinks Freo are dangerous...he's definitely someone who should have been a career Assistant coach....

Has anyone noticed how his eyes almost start rolling in his haed as he tries to answer questions and gets himself tied up in knots....

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Call a spade a spade - weak coaches with weak personalities can't handle the heat.

The media gave Lyon a honeymoon period - most new coaches get it cause the media dont know what to expect - NOTHING to do with Grant Thomas IMO.

As for nonsense questions like the tripe Wilson asked based on NOTHING but her "suspicions" it got what it deserved.

Interesting to hear tonight there was an article involving Matthew Richardson in trouble at a nighr club....yet Caro was very quiet on the topic......must be that "objective" journalistic badge of honour on display again.

Shes a trollop.
oh yeah! The way she fained that she new very little about it and that was it was downright pathetic and disgusting. Just like her, sad old cow :twisted:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote: Interesting also to note how Caro pulled back on interrogating MAlthouse regarding the Tim Lane article questioning his coaching success of over 20 years for only 2 premierships at the 2 strongets clubs in the AFL. Clearly Mathouse didnt want to talk about this and Caro didnt push the points made in the article. Selective journalism at its best.
Mick also openly stated he would rather (and pointed) answer questions from you two- to Lyon and Archer- effectily saying Caro and Hutchy were not the reason he was even sitting there.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
1eyedNever
Club Player

Most

Coaches have very little respect for Journos who didnt play the game as they dont know how hard it is to play and coach
DITTO
C Wilson
Fat Prykick
C Hutchison Wanker who libeliqzed Kosi with lies
Plus many more wanabees

SKFC has now been confirmed as the AFLs BITCH
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
St.Kenny wrote: Interesting also to note how Caro pulled back on interrogating MAlthouse regarding the Tim Lane article questioning his coaching success of over 20 years for only 2 premierships at the 2 strongets clubs in the AFL. Clearly Mathouse didnt want to talk about this and Caro didnt push the points made in the article. Selective journalism at its best.
Mick also openly stated he would rather (and pointed) answer questions from you two- to Lyon and Archer- effectily saying Caro and Hutchy were not the reason he was even sitting there.
Video here from FC>>>Mick's discussion about journo's

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY