Goddard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Goddard

It is time for him to play in midfield or even up forward, we need to start winning games as opposed to trying to not lose!

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

agreed entirely and i have said this for some time now (although my opinion means jack all in the scheme of things)

playing in the backline is robbing us of a great kick forward of the center and an agressive prick who will take on anyone

he doesnt even suit playing in the last line of defence as he is and has been played in for the last 3+ years

wasting the talent

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
bergsone
SS Life Member

centre line-Goddard Hayes roo ?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

agreed.....could kick plenty from the 50m arc

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

I reckon he is also the most frustrated player behind Max, looks annoyed at the incompetence of others - which I don't mind - some home truths!
Big enough to bust packs, quick enough, can hit targets, can kick goals...hmmm...like most other elite on ballers......

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

CeilidhSaint wrote:I reckon he is also the most frustrated player behind Max, looks annoyed at the incompetence of others - which I don't mind - some home truths!
Big enough to bust packs, quick enough, can hit targets, can kick goals...hmmm...like most other elite on ballers......
Not knocking your assessment of him CS, but remember it wasn't that long ago when many thought he looked like a rabbit in the headlights whenever he got the ball?

I like it that he displays that anger/disappointment now and I often wonder whether he thinks back to his first couple of seasons, when I think even he must have been questioning whether he was going to make it.

Love his work now, his decision making is coming back with each game, and he is by a long shot the best kick on the list.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

i think Reiwoldt should play CHB for the rest of the year and if he makes a go of it then that should be his new position...he could pinch hit forward like Hunter does for the eagles...

Who will play forward...dont know,but it won't or cant be any worse than the forward line at the minute.....

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

he is the best kick in the team and would venture to say the comp... must be utilised... if he's fit enough midfield definately...

Hayes, Ball, Monty, BJ, Harvs, Dal Santo and X (Looked quite good with clearances and quick hands earlier in the year) must rotate through the midfield....

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

At the moment we need him down back but i would like to see him in the midfield with out a doubt

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:agreed entirely and i have said this for some time now (although my opinion means jack all in the scheme of things)

playing in the backline is robbing us of a great kick forward of the center and an agressive prick who will take on anyone

he doesnt even suit playing in the last line of defence as he is and has been played in for the last 3+ years

wasting the talent
Agreed.....why not give it a go?

What were doin currently isn't working.....but were not the coach.....so all we can hope for is that they give something or someone else a go at other positions.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
CeilidhSaint wrote:I reckon he is also the most frustrated player behind Max, looks annoyed at the incompetence of others - which I don't mind - some home truths!
Not knocking your assessment of him CS, but remember it wasn't that long ago when many thought he looked like a rabbit in the headlights whenever he got the ball?

I like it that he displays that anger/disappointment now and I often wonder whether he thinks back to his first couple of seasons, when I think even he must have been questioning whether he was going to make it.

Love his work now, his decision making is coming back with each game, and he is by a long shot the best kick on the list.
he did look like a rabbit caught in headlights however he isn't now

right now he is a gun and a gun shouldnt be played in the backline next too max

he has too many attacking attributes to be wasted in the full back line

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

he did look like a rabbit caught in headlights however he isn't now

right now he is a gun and a gun shouldnt be played in the backline next too max

he has too many attacking attributes to be wasted in the full back line
Agreed he is no longer that rabbit.

When 110% fit let him run riot.

He can be an angry man BJ, let him show it through the middle and running forward.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

IMO we need Goddard and Gram both out of the backline, we need some players who can actually defend in there...

Gram is not good enough to be getting a game in the backline, it is as simple as that, we should give him a go on a wing and if he doesn't cut it, we can let him play in the back line all he wants, for Casey...

Goddard is good enough in the backline so he might be worth leaving there but the way we are going at the moment it couldn't hurt to give him a chance on the forward flank...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
houseofvictor
Club Player

We need goal kickers and IMO Goddard could be our man. He's a fantastic kick and he could be swapped with Kosi for position... A Goddard/ Rewoldt partnership could bring the mojo back :idea:

-----Strength through Loyalty-----
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

houseofvictor wrote:We need goal kickers and IMO Goddard could be our man. He's a fantastic kick and he could be swapped with Kosi for position... A Goddard/ Rewoldt partnership could bring the mojo back :idea:
even as the lead up chf with rooey back in the square

kosi doesnt seem to be having the best of times playing in the forward 50 so why not allow him to run around much like last year where he would play all around the ground seemingly when he wanted

we have not seen kosi going back with the pack this year and taking goal saving grabs...

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

hes not a great contested mark... he would be pretty good for a centreman in a contested amrk but CHF he isn't... i guess we could try and use him as a robert murphy type... but i dont think he is quick enough for one of those type players...