For all of you using Kosi as our scapegoat..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

steph, if we trade the duds as you suggest, we get nothing in return.

Trading a supposed star like Kosi, can result in a first round pick.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

SainterX wrote:This is a good thread. Personally I think nobody can have a real shot at any player because I doubt we could do better ourselves.
:D
Well i'm going to claim to be a better shot on goal than a majority of our players.

Too lazy to update my username
SaintWal
Club Player

steph wrote:The delivery to our forwards this year, and more than ever today, has been atrocious. I think BJ and Harvey are the only players in the side that understand the concept of kicking the ball to the space and to your team-mates advantage.

Agreed our crumbers have done well, but if it wasn't for Kosi's attack on the packs last week, Schneider would only have got about 2.

I'm not saying Kosi is playing excellent football. He has massive room for improvement, as does Roo. My issues is people who think the answer is trading Kosi. Lets get rid of the duds first, before we start cutting the heart and soul of the side.
Schneider has had one good week. Milne is a downhill skier. Kos stands up as you say and gives his all even when clearly playing injured like today. As per a previos thread, a while ago, there is no one that stands up when things are going bad like the second quarter, and influences the game for the positive.

steph
Club Player

I never suggested trading the duds.

Who could possibly want Blake!?!? thats just laughable.

I'm not interested in first round picks if its means losing Kosi. You can't deny he has shown how good he can be. I have total faith that he will reach this potential that we've all talked about. Understandable if you don't think he will reach his potential, but I still think his best footy is ahead of him and there is no way in hell I'd let him go.

groupie1
Club Player

Ball is not the problem, mate. Have a good look at Kosi ..what does he give us?

Not LUKE Ball, you numbskull - he said 'ball delivery'

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: For all of you using Kosi as our scapegoat..

steph wrote:change teams cos we don't need you.

Kosi is one of few players in our side that actually has what the rest of the pasengers don't and that is heart.

A power forward needs time to stabilise, and learn to play forward, and apart from the obvious injuries, kosi is the one player in our side that has never had stability. This is because as soon as there is an injury, kosi fills the hole.

He has shown he has the ability, its the lack of support around him that is the issue. Our apparent forward line is a joke and its not riewoldt or kosi that is to blame.
It's not a matter of opinion. Anyone that thinks we should trade kosi is downright wrong.
Another one who wont see the unfortunate truth about Koschitzke. He's a GOP, just.
Why is it that some are queueing up to say stuff like, "He has shown he has the ability, its the lack of support around him that is the issue"? Because he's a nice guy and he had a tough run with injuries.
Anything but lay responsibility at his door for his failure to deliver.
You can go on all you like about heart. Jason Blake has got heart.
Just more excuses IMO. He said himself at the start of last year, that it was time for him to deliver. One and a half years on, we're still waiting and the excuses are still being made.