GT would be Gutted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:You really do need help.

Yes I'm sure Lyon feels the same.

Is there anyone else I need to mention?
Hearing you acknowlegde that is all the help I need.

I am home.

Thanks Jeff.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I did think this threads title was "GT Should be Gutted"

Feed a village there...

“Yeah….nah””
Buckets
SS Life Member

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:DEAD SET !!!

We were starting to slip mid way thru season 2006 under bloody Grant Thomas...... The writting was starting to go on the wall then.
We never even should have made that finals in 2006 and melbourne who are now bottom cleaned us up... Says alot ha.

It would have been no different today if GT had still be around IMO

MOVE THE HELL ON, its been 20 odd months since GT got shown the door
Slip??? We lost one more game than we had for the 2 previous years and had it not been for injuries against the dees we would have steam rolled them! The fact is that under Lyon we have plummetted further and faster than i think anyone could have believed! The only reason that GT got shown the door was the fact that his and Butterss ego's got in the way! The fact is with that decision we once again became the laughing stock of the league. Fact is even with Lyon our Football department was the lowest funded in the league and that includes the Rookie List!
I'm sorry we have slipped we have imploded and the thanks can go directly to the previous administration!
Yes it has been 20 months since he left and instead of improving we have done quite the opposite!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Yes we need to sack the coach again and get someone with half a clue to re work the list. No ifs no butts. His a dud.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:

We were starting to slip mid way thru season 2006 under bloody Grant Thomas...... The writting was starting to go on the wall then.
We never even should have made that finals in 2006 and melbourne who are now bottom cleaned us up... Says alot ha.

Slip??? We lost one more game than we had for the 2 previous years and had it not been for injuries against the dees we would have steam rolled them! The fact is that under Lyon we have plummetted further and faster than i think anyone could have believed! The only reason that GT got shown the door was the fact that his and Butterss ego's got in the way! The fact is with that decision we once again became the laughing stock of the league. Fact is even with Lyon our Football department was the lowest funded in the league and that includes the Rookie List!
I'm sorry we have slipped we have imploded and the thanks can go directly to the previous administration!
Yes it has been 20 months since he left and instead of improving we have done quite the opposite!
spot on Buckets.

BUT at least GT left us choc full with a cupboard of second tier players hed personally developed......I mean where would we be with out:

L Fisher
Gwilt
Fiora
Blake
McQualter
R Clarke

Not ot mention the 5 yrs we pumped into Brooks, and the projects in Allan Murray, Ackland and Mcgough!!!!

Thanks to the great man we are established for "sustained success" for the next decade.....I'll have 3 flags thanks Grant.... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
St.Kenny
Club Player

Its losers like Teflon who we can thank for the situation se're in. He along with Barks and Joffaboy etc chased GT from our club and now refuse to take responsibility. Its because of these supporters we had the insipid ruckman like Gardner working on our behalf. The comparisons between Gardner and Capuano are chilling.
Thanks TOSSA TEFLOGGER for sending us to the bottom of the ladder.

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Message to all the GT haters on this forum (you know who you are).

Just try repeating the following catechism a few times, truly believe it, and then you can join the rest of us in the land of rationality.

1. It is legitimate for people to have differing views on whether or not GT was a good coach.
2. It is legitimate for people to have differing views on whether or not GT left our list in good or bad shape.
3. It is legitimate for people to have differing views on whether or not GT was ultimately a good thing for the club.
4. It is legitimate for people to have differing views on whether or not GT should have been sacked in September 2006.
5. Leaving all of this aside (and agreeing to disagree on it), there is no doubt that Ross Lyon was a dud choice to succeed GT as coach.
6. Ross Lyon was a non-entity who was only chosen because his best mate Robert Walls was on the panel and because he performed well in a meaningless aptitude test and an even more meaningless simulation exercise which were only part of the selection process in the first place because a firm of recruitment consultants who were "close" (that word again sRr) to Rod Butterss got paid a lot of dosh for administering them.
7. Longmire, Bond or even perhaps Harvey would have been far better choices than Lyon.
8. Ross Lyon had to have his arm twisted even to apply for the gig.
9. This was indicative of Lyon's main problem as a coach: he lacks self-confidence and self-belief, a lack which transfers itself to the players, who have been playing totally without conviction over the past 18 months.
10. There is no chance of Ross Lyon remaining as coach for 10 years because there wouldn't be a club left at the end of that time.

I know I'm get abuse back from some of you in response to this post, but look in your hearts: you know it's all true.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:Message to all the GT haters on this forum (you know who you are).

Just try repeating the following catechism a few times, truly believe it, and then you can join the rest of us in the land of rationality.

1. It is legitimate for people to have differing views on whether or not GT was a good coach.
2. It is legitimate for people to have differing views on whether or not GT left our list in good or bad shape.
3. It is legitimate for people to have differing views on whether or not GT was ultimately a good thing for the club.
4. It is legitimate for people to have differing views on whether or not GT should have been sacked in September 2006.
5. Leaving all of this aside (and agreeing to disagree on it), there is no doubt that Ross Lyon was a dud choice to succeed GT as coach.
6. Ross Lyon was a non-entity who was only chosen because his best mate Robert Walls was on the panel and because he performed well in a meaningless aptitude test and an even more meaningless simulation exercise which were only part of the selection process in the first place because a firm of recruitment consultants who were "close" (that word again sRr) to Rod Butterss got paid a lot of dosh for administering them.
7. Longmire, Bond or even perhaps Harvey would have been far better choices than Lyon.
9. This was indicative of Lyon's main problem as a coach: he lacks self-confidence and self-belief, a lack which transfers itself to the players, who have been playing totally without conviction over the past 18 months.
10. There is no chance of Ross Lyon remaining as coach for 10 years because there wouldn't be a club left at the end of that time.

I know I'm get abuse back from some of you in response to this post, but look in your hearts: you know it's all true.
totally agreed, spot on!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The Dogs have been flying all season. WE'VE BEEN PLAYING LIKE DOGS! End of story. I couldn't stand seeing us lose another coach. Like Clarkson, like Bomber there'll come a time where the piece in the puzzle will click into place for our club. It's not working now...but????? I'm as frustrated as everyone, mark my words.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
SaintWal
Club Player

meher baba wrote:Message to all the GT haters on this forum (you know who you are).

As a player I loved watching Lyon. He was as hard and IMO as good as Lenny. As a coach he has started as insipidly as any in the game. The only positive over the last few weeks is that he has really started to get his back up. Maybe too little too late?

felixleo
Club Player

You are far to rational meher get up out of your lotus position and fight on all fours like the rest us.

Are you gonna be the one?
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Buckets wrote:

spot on Buckets.

BUT at least GT left us choc full with a cupboard of second tier players hed personally developed......I mean where would we be with out:

L Fisher
Gwilt
Fiora
Blake
McQualter
R Clarke

Not ot mention the 5 yrs we pumped into Brooks, and the projects in Allan Murray, Ackland and Mcgough!!!!

Thanks to the great man we are established for "sustained success" for the next decade.....I'll have 3 flags thanks Grant.... :roll:
It's getting a bit desperate now, isn't it Teffers? I mean, Fiora, Blake, R Clarke and L Fisher have all been given regular runs in the top 22 by Lyon, haven't they? If there was so much better to be had out there in the recruiting pool, why did Lyon redraft Ferguson and Gehrig? Or recycle players of the immense quality of C Gardiner and S Dempster and A Schneider (and, boy, did those two contribute once again this afternoon)? And how about Howard and Allen: they have made big contributions to our top 22!! And Armitage: wasn't it great to see how Lyon has given him a clear run to show what he can do in our top 22. Not to mention any of this season's draft picks (other than, of course, Gehrig).

Recruitment and player development has just been first rate under Lyon. I have particularly enjoyed seeing the way in which our best attacking midfielder - Nick Dal Santo - has been converted into a defender. And our best attacking defenders in Leigh Fisher and Jason Gram converted into.....?

And boy, hasn't Kosi come on.

Look Teffers, we know that you hate GT like poison. That's well established. Nobody who reads this forum regularly can be in even the slightest doubt about that fact.

Maybe it's because you are some non-entity who gets your rocks off by directing endless vitriol over the internet at someone who had a crack at a difficult job and performed ok before he was stabbed in the back by a pack of dills.

Or perhaps you really are Cam Butterss and can't get over the way GT blocked your god-given right as the Club President's son to be handed an AFL career on a platter.

Personally I couldn't care less. But boy am I getting sick and tired at your increasingly bizarre intellectual convolutions to try to explain in the face of reality that Lyon is ok and that GT was totally hopeless.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it, old son.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Buckets
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
Buckets wrote:

spot on Buckets.

L Fisher
Gwilt
Fiora
Blake
McQualter
R Clarke

Yep that's right you give me a handful of names that are always placed on the chopping block because its so easy to blame the players!
You disregard the injuires suffered by Brooks, Raph and L Fisher how suprising why would you take note of those if they go against your agenda!
Oh and if we didn't get Fiora in the trade for Black do you really think we would have gotten anything better? If you do then you are simply dreaming!
Hold on didn't we get rid of McQualter...yep yep we did....wait a dog gone minute Lyon picked this guy back up as a rookie gee surely he must have seen something hey?
Oh by the way can you tell me the success rates for players drafted over the last 15 years? Fact is that there are teams in the league that are performing head and shoulders above this team and it has nothing to do with talent and until you realise that you will be unable to realise that it has alot more to do than just talent alone! You look at team like the Roos, Swans and Pies! Hell even the Blues and Freo are playing better than us and it has alot to do with whats between the ears!
Oh and those fantastic trades that we made for Schnieder, Dempster Gardiner and King can you honestly tell me that those inclusions have made us a better team? Maybe King but the others have not shown any worth!
And how have our forwards been going? Our forward line is shot to shite, the fact is that there needs to be a cleanout and it must start at the top in the coach's box. Lyon has not shown any characteristics that makes him any better a coach than the last one! I think he could even be more stubborn hell he refuses to do anything to combat moves made against him on game day he is constantly going to a defensive mindset after the 1st quarter and plays his men out of position. Can you honestly tell me that our forward line would have been worse off today with McEvoy down there or Gwilt or Fergo instead of the same useless kick it to Roo plan which has not changed in the last 4 years. And why they picked him as captain i have no idea there are at least 2 guys who deserve it more than he and who would do a better job! As soon as he misses the head goes down, im sorry but i watched him go for the ball today and time after time he would not go for a second effort whereas his counterpart, who has become a scapegoat for some on here tonight, continually would go the second effort even if that meant putting his body on the line he would do so!
No but thats ok Teflon we can continue to blame GT and we can have Lyon for the next 10 years yippee for us :roll:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Buckets wrote:

spot on Buckets.

L Fisher
Gwilt
Fiora
Blake
McQualter
R Clarke

Yep that's right you give me a handful of names that are always placed on the chopping block because its so easy to blame the players!
You disregard the injuires suffered by Brooks, Raph and L Fisher how suprising why would you take note of those if they go against your agenda!
Oh and if we didn't get Fiora in the trade for Black do you really think we would have gotten anything better? If you do then you are simply dreaming!
Hold on didn't we get rid of McQualter...yep yep we did....wait a dog gone minute Lyon picked this guy back up as a rookie gee surely he must have seen something hey?
Oh by the way can you tell me the success rates for players drafted over the last 15 years? Fact is that there are teams in the league that are performing head and shoulders above this team and it has nothing to do with talent and until you realise that you will be unable to realise that it has alot more to do than just talent alone! You look at team like the Roos, Swans and Pies! Hell even the Blues and Freo are playing better than us and it has alot to do with whats between the ears!
Oh and those fantastic trades that we made for Schnieder, Dempster Gardiner and King can you honestly tell me that those inclusions have made us a better team? Maybe King but the others have not shown any worth!
And how have our forwards been going? Our forward line is shot to shite, the fact is that there needs to be a cleanout and it must start at the top in the coach's box. Lyon has not shown any characteristics that makes him any better a coach than the last one! I think he could even be more stubborn hell he refuses to do anything to combat moves made against him on game day he is constantly going to a defensive mindset after the 1st quarter and plays his men out of position. Can you honestly tell me that our forward line would have been worse off today with McEvoy down there or Gwilt or Fergo instead of the same useless kick it to Roo plan which has not changed in the last 4 years. And why they picked him as captain i have no idea there are at least 2 guys who deserve it more than he and who would do a better job! As soon as he misses the head goes down, im sorry but i watched him go for the ball today and time after time he would not go for a second effort whereas his counterpart, who has become a scapegoat for some on here tonight, continually would go the second effort even if that meant putting his body on the line he would do so!
No but thats ok Teflon we can continue to blame GT and we can have Lyon for the next 10 years yippee for us :roll:
So in amongst that tired drivel the message is our current wose are ALL Ross Lyons fault in 1.5 seasons as coach?

Get off the drugs you imbecile. STOP comparing what Lyons got now to what Thomas had IN ITS PRIME and wake up to yourself.

Its loser "sack the coach 1.5 seasons in" attitudes like yours that ensure mediocrity.

And Id still take Sneider over Mcgough anyday and AT LEAST Lyon has attempted to do SOMETHING about a ruck situation your previous idol FAILED to do anything about in 5 years.

You also failed to mention Geary, Armo, Stevens, McEvoy who Lyon HAS bought into this club as talent and already some of these have passed the Gwilts/Brooks of the world weve wasted years in "developing".

Nah...sack the coach.....its all that simple isn't it..... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Seemed to pass over my post there, Teffers my lad!! Perhaps it cut too close to the bone? Hmmmmmm.......

Probably just as well you ignored it. You see, I've had just about enough of your endless drivel on this forum and I'm not going to "tolerate mediocrity" on this forum any lolnger.

Don't worry, it isn't personal, as I really don't know who you are and - guess what - I care even less.

I'm just sick of your increasingly pathetic attempts to justify your irrational hatred of GT and his legacy.

It's time to get over it and move on. Come on, face up to it: Lyon is a dud.

Say it with me. "Lyon is a dud". He is, you know. Fair dinkum (as someone, I forget who, likes to say). I don't expect you ever to get over your hatred of GT, but surely we can agree on this point: Lyon is a dud.

In your heart, you know it's true. :wink:

- Jonathan Swift
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i've just suffered through an almost unbearable dinner with two carlton mates who took great delight in dancing on St Kilda's grave.

"We're more likely to make the finals than you. We're on the up and you are going nowhere etc, etc"

I just had to sit there and cop it because it appears that they're right.

it's been hard enough watching geelong go past us, then collingwood, then hawthorn and the bulldogs.

but carlton ... it's just bullsh#t. these guys have both seen their team win 10 premierships or something in their lifetime.

great things were expected of this list a couple of years ago but watching them being torn up by the bulldogs really just makes me marvel at what gt was able to achieve with such an obvious dearth of talent.

where to from here?

i think it is time to play the kids and get ready for a bit of a clean out at the end of the year. i'd be looking at blooding mcevoy and allen asap and getting gilbert back out there post haste.

perhaps it is time for some major structural work as well. riewoldt or kosi to chb, for instance. shuffle the cards a bit. play the forward line in the backline or something completely outrageous like that. it's not as if what we are doing is working.

since our scalps this year don't include anyone of note (apart from a lucky win over the swans in round 1) we've nothing to lose by taking some big chances both at the selection table and with the gameplan and structure.

i've pretty much written 2008 off anyway and i think it is time for RL to put the entire list on notice.

Buckets
SS Life Member

So in amongst that tired drivel the message is our current wose are ALL Ross Lyons fault in 1.5 seasons as coach?

Get off the drugs you imbecile. STOP comparing what Lyons got now to what Thomas had IN ITS PRIME and wake up to yourself.

Its loser "sack the coach 1.5 seasons in" attitudes like yours that ensure mediocrity.

And Id still take Sneider over Mcgough anyday and AT LEAST Lyon has attempted to do SOMETHING about a ruck situation your previous idol FAILED to do anything about in 5 years.

You also failed to mention Geary, Armo, Stevens, McEvoy who Lyon HAS bought into this club as talent and already some of these have passed the Gwilts/Brooks of the world weve wasted years in "developing".

Nah...sack the coach.....its all that simple isn't it..... :roll:[/quote]

Ah and your posts are worthy of a Pulitzer are they???? :roll:
You change you stance as often as a baby needs it nappies changed! And the name calling is just priceless please do post more my way it just shows how much you hate having to have a debate....lets forgo the formalities of a debate lets just act like a huge cyber hero/bully just so they can stroke their own ego.
I bet you missed the part of my previous post where i actually didnt pay out on King??? Oh and the Gardiner i was having a pot at was Charlie not Michael. So before you get your panties in a twist maybe you should have a re-read though the post!
And why is it that players like Gwilt are still on the list? Why haven't we brought in fresh blood like you have asked for? Surely by the end of last year he would have had gotten rid of the deadwood that you have been harping on about?
Prime??? Who old are our core group if you take out Harvey King and Maxy? Please spare me the prime bullcrap, group that GT inherited due to draft picks. The Roo's Kosi's Dal's etc are just getting into their prime!
Yes i embrace mediocrity because i love feeling so crappy watching or listening to us losing. Hell you ask SaintWal, he would know he is family, he knows how pissed off i have been after games, i wont apologise for it but i wear my heart on my sleeve when it comes to St Kilda i am over the moon for the week when we win but when we lose its as if the week couldnt get any slower. So don't ever claim that i am loser supporter who loves watching them lose. Oh and drop the drug inuendo please and that is asking very politely if you want to know why PM otherwise leave it alone!

Mooksy
Club Player

What a stupid thread! I couldn't give a sh*t about what he thinks.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:So in amongst that tired drivel the message is our current wose are ALL Ross Lyons fault in 1.5 seasons as coach?

Nah...sack the coach.....its all that simple isn't it..... :roll:

Ah and your posts are worthy of a Pulitzer are they???? :roll:

At least I OFFER a view I dont just snipe others posts as I said IF you wanted a debate youd put up your thoughts for our future - WHERE ARE THEY?

You change you stance as often as a baby needs it nappies changed!

And you have the same opinion no matter what new information you receive over the course of your life????Geezus.....surely your not that inflexible!!!

And the name calling is just priceless please do post more my way it just shows how much you hate having to have a debate....lets forgo the formalities of a debate lets just act like a huge cyber hero/bully just so they can stroke their own ego.

Again...how do you have a debate with someone who has no view or thoughts of their own and refuse to contribute????? spare me...

I bet you missed the part of my previous post where i actually didnt pay out on King??? Oh and the Gardiner i was having a pot at was Charlie not Michael. So before you get your panties in a twist maybe you should have a re-read though the post!
And why is it that players like Gwilt are still on the list? Why haven't we brought in fresh blood like you have asked for? Surely by the end of last year he would have had gotten rid of the deadwood that you have been harping on about?

Lyon got rid of what last year 5 or 6??? .......you dont and cant do it all in 1 year...but then again in "your world" hes had 1 year so we should sack him cause hes "had a go".....right? :roll:

Prime??? Who old are our core group if you take out Harvey King and Maxy? Please spare me the prime bullcrap, group that GT inherited due to draft picks. The Roo's Kosi's Dal's etc are just getting into their prime!

Wheres the Gehrigs, Powells, Pecketts, Hamills, younger Harvey, younger Hudgton, Aussie Jones, Blacks etc that Lyons got at bhis disposal that Grant had as part of his CORE? genius???

Yes i embrace mediocrity because i love feeling so crappy watching or listening to us losing. Hell you ask SaintWal, he would know he is family, he knows how pissed off i have been after games, i wont apologise for it but i wear my heart on my sleeve when it comes to St Kilda i am over the moon for the week when we win but when we lose its as if the week couldnt get any slower. So don't ever claim that i am loser supporter who loves watching them lose. Oh and drop the drug inuendo please and that is asking very politely if you want to know why PM otherwise leave it alone![/quote]

"Get off the drugs" is an old saying pal and not a personal comment. I dont know you or anything abiout you and would appreciate if you leave personal issues out of it - I do.

“Yeah….nah””
SaintWal
Club Player

Mooksy wrote:What a stupid thread! I couldn't give a sh*t about what he thinks.
Nice post. You should be proud

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Teflon, please dont post in orange, thats BS, near impossible to read !!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:who gives f*** about GT? seriously this club is a lot bigger than GT and you sympathisers need to move on.

WE ARE ST.KILDA F.C

NOT grANT tHOMAS F.C

f*** ME :evil: :evil:
You tell 'em, Fonz!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:And you have the same opinion no matter what new information you receive over the course of your life????Geezus.....surely your not that inflexible!!!
I don't know about Buckets, Teffers, but I fear that you are "that inflexible".

Unless of course (and I'm sorry to keep going on about it, but believe me I only have your best interests at heart) you set yourself free and repeat after me (whisper it if you like) "Lyon is a dud".

Come on, you can do it. I have faith in you.

Shout it out like you mean it. Breathe deeply from your diaphragm and let it all out.

I assure you, you'll feel like a new man (or woman, depending on your personal preference). :wink:

- Jonathan Swift
Buckets
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:
Teflon wrote:And you have the same opinion no matter what new information you receive over the course of your life????Geezus.....surely your not that inflexible!!!

Unless of course (and I'm sorry to keep going on about it, but believe me I only have your best interests at heart) you set yourself free and repeat after me (whisper it if you like) "Lyon is a dud".

Shout it out like you mean it. Breathe deeply from your diaphragm and let it all out.

I assure you, you'll feel like a new man (or woman, depending on your personal preference). :wink:
LMFAO i needed that! Thanks Meher :wink:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
meher baba wrote:

LMFAO i needed that! Thanks Meher :wink:
Better be careful.....I'll run off to mods... :lol:

“Yeah….nah””