if roo went

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintjake
Club Player

if roo went

if roo went, or kosi
i honestly wouldnt mind, their both over rated,
and would open a crap load of cash, esspically from roo.
to get a foward, who can kick 5+ consistantly.

i say keep fergo and gwilt in.
give them ore of a go,
drop the guys who have played crap the last few weeks.
but i bet gwilt and fergo will get dropped.
even tho there were players who played jsut as bad if not worst.
they will be the first to get cut.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Yeah getting rid of Roo will really help :roll:

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Kosi has to go before Roo.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Yeah getting rid of Roo will really help :roll:
They should invest half his salary into some bloody kicking lessons.

Imagine if we had driving instructors who could drive as well as roo can kick.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Really wouldn't mind setting Kosi free and seeing what we could get in return, but letting go of Roo is not the answer. Perhaps giving him a stint up the ground til he gets confidence in his kicking or something may help, but we must hang on to him. IMO all others (bar maybe Lenny, Ball, and the great man) are up for grabs. I know it's a bit hard on Dal, but I figure we can get outside players on the open market for less.
Last edited by Winmarvellous on Sun 08 Jun 2008 6:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Take the captaincy off him and let him concentrate on trying to become a good footballer.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

U build teams around Riewoldt. Kosi is definately tradeable and would warrant a quality deal. Unfortunately in this day and age u have to trade quality to get quality. I have always believed the basis and structure of your team has always been there. Hayes, Goddard, Ball, Dal, Roo, Joey, S.Fisher. Add the continued improvement of Jones (whom Im impressed with), Armitage, and some of your Casey players and the supposed doom and gloom is not such the case. U have McGuire and Gilbert sidelined which hurts.

Like us with Burns and Buckley etc u have to plan post Harvey, Gehrig and Hudghton as great as they have been for you.

Good luck with it..... :D

Saintschampions08
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:Take the captaincy off him and let him concentrate on trying to become a good footballer.
It's too pre-emptive taking the captaincy away.

You think it'll do wonders for his confidence taking his captaincy away?

"Sorry Roo, your not a good captain".

Though i think it was telling the way he missed those two kicks, then dropped his head and dissapeared. Didn't show any heart or grit today. If you miss your goals, then you try so bloody hard you kick more points then them.

saintjake
Club Player

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Yeah getting rid of Roo will really help :roll:
stop being sarcastic and say something of substance.

when was the last time this "superstar" took a game on and was head and shoulders B.O.G when was the last time he kicked 5 goals.
when was the last time he kicked straight.

id much rather he have gehrigs hands
and we get the snake back
because no matter what any of you say.
gehrig is an bloody mile ahead of any foward we have

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

riewoldt USED to be able to kick goals.

I wonder how much the new forward coaching has helped him.

barker probably showing rieowoldt all the skills he had a forward :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:when was the last time he kicked 5 goals.
round 21 2006
ironically against the bulldogs

saintjake
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:
saintjake wrote:when was the last time he kicked 5 goals.
round 21 2006
ironically against the bulldogs
not good enough from a "superstar" CHF

drops his head more then anyone

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Saintschampions08 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Take the captaincy off him and let him concentrate on trying to become a good footballer.
It's too pre-emptive taking the captaincy away.

You think it'll do wonders for his confidence taking his captaincy away?

"Sorry Roo, your not a good captain".

Though i think it was telling the way he missed those two kicks, then dropped his head and dissapeared. Didn't show any heart or grit today. If you miss your goals, then you try so bloody hard you kick more points then them.
Don't take it off him. He should know where he's at and hand it over. He has talked it up in the past about talking the talk well now is the time to really be a true clubman and do the right thing. His kicking has been shyte for long time now and it doesn't look like it is going to return. You can't captain a club if you struggle to kick a point let alone a goal from 30m out. End of Strory.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Yeah...

Let's blame Roo, let's blame GT, let's blame the list, let's blame NDS (whoops! no we can't, he was a star today), let's blame Milne, let's blame Raph (whoops! he didn't play), let's blame Fiora (whoops, he didn't play either), let's blame the past and present Board, let's blame the fans, let's blame

Why don't we go all the way and blame Harves as well. I note that we haven't won any premierships the entire time he has been at the club. And that we have devloped a habit in that time of sacking successful coaches and replacing them with duds with supposedly killer "game plans".

So let's not let anyone off the hook. They're all to blame. And you are all to blame.

Except for Ross Lyon and those who put him there, of course. They are totally blameless.

I wonder if that's how the media and the rest of the AFL world will see it this week. As the valley girls once used to say "I...don't...think....so".

And you are all to blame.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
rixxo
Club Player

In my opinion Roo and cosi should go neither do any good imagine the players we could or cash we could get for em .Why pay players x amount of dollars for when they just dont perform ,but saying that the whole team doesnt perform so what do you do then .

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Yeah...

Let's blame Roo, let's blame GT, let's blame the list, let's blame NDS (whoops! no we can't, he was a star today), let's blame Milne, let's blame Raph (whoops! he didn't play), let's blame Fiora (whoops, he didn't play either), let's blame the past and present Board, let's blame the fans, let's blame

Why don't we go all the way and blame Harves as well. I note that we haven't won any premierships the entire time he has been at the club. And that we have devloped a habit in that time of sacking successful coaches and replacing them with duds with supposedly killer "game plans".

So let's not let anyone off the hook. They're all to blame. And you are all to blame.

Except for Ross Lyon and those who put him there, of course. They are totally blameless.

I wonder if that's how the media and the rest of the AFL world will see it this week. As the valley girls once used to say "I...don't...think....so".

You already half way through that bottle of plonk MB?

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
meher baba wrote:Yeah...

You already half way through that bottle of plonk MB?
Alas no. I'm currently back working as a senior executive in Canberra (I'd done it before and had escaped to academia, but there appears to be no escape in the long run).

And, believe it or not I've been working all day on a Sunday in the middle of a public holiday. Blame Kevin Rudd if you like!! :wink:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Winmarvellous
Club Player

So let's not let anyone off the hook. They're all to blame
That's about where we sit at the moment.

ratismeat
Club Player

Honestly, what would Kosi be worth? A struggling, injury prone FF/ruck with bad awareness? I know he's a great club-man but I'm not sure how many teams would be interested on the open market.