The coach on footy classified tonight.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I watch it weekly Sav but agree and thats it. What a lame, waste of show. Archer doesnt even get a run its all Caro who has dreams she'll get a game for the Tiges.......and she just might....

“Yeah….nah””
savatage
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:I watch it weekly Sav but agree and thats it. What a lame, waste of show. Archer doesnt even get a run its all Caro who has dreams she'll get a game for the Tiges.......and she just might....
Archer is too nice to ask these "hard hitting" irrelevant questions. I don't suspect he'll sign on to do another series or be asked to do another series because he doesn't make up controversy like the others seem to.

benengel14
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
A few people who admit they dont watch the show - I watch it weekly - would do well to get some tapes and watch the constant stream of negativity from her mout for all things St Kilda.

That and shes a man - equin.
I still think you need to take my advice of considering CW's comments in isolation of the personality that made them.

What is your 'take' on the 2 issues that CW raised on the show that I outlined above.
1/ Do you think RL has fully embraced the StKFC as much as other coaches appear to embrace their own clubs. Do you think the tendency to compare it to the Sydney model of how an AFL football club operates, holds us back on/off field?

2/ Do you think the club embraces the role of the media, and utilises its opportunities?

Agree with Archer, it would be nice to have more an input from him. But it's probably not the best format/dynamic for him as suggested by above posters.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for your summary. Most was pretty good. But I think the next bit was not quite right in that he also had more to say on the kids..
benengel14 wrote:
- Picking up/trading for players rather than going into national draft with more picks. Scneider/Dempster/Gardiner all have important roles, all long-term key prospects. King/Gardi were low-cost/no-risk.

-
Lyon said in reply also that he had also looked after the long term.

He said that they had drafted 3 kids this year...and three kids last year.

Said that the club had already promoted 2 rookies in Geary and Jones and thought that they would be promoting another in Eddy.

On Scnheider/Dempster trade he also mentioned that the Swans had some salary cap problems and that is why we were able to get them.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
*BaLLy iS BeST*
Club Player

loved RL's face when she was asking him about whether he has embraced the saints. it really was a 'are u seriously asking me this?' face. :lol:

what annoyed me was caro (im pretty sure?) saying that we have NO good young kids.
does she know anything about our players at all? apart from those that she can have pot shots at?
what about armos game? geary? gilbert if he wasnt injured.
she has got no clue.
i know they arent tearing the game apart like everyones love child buddy...but geezuz. NO good kids?
i think not.
really annoyed me :x

i will miss you bally. but i guess you just didn't want to be here.

heres hoping you are regretting that choice on that last day in september 2010 - go saints.
Quixote
SS Life Member

Thanks Benegal for your solid and logical post.

We should keep in mind that the questions hard-core supporters of the club want to hear (ie us) do not tend to align with the sort of questions the general viewing public want to hear... or can understand. So give 'em a break. The journo's, for the parasitic leeches that they are, know their market.

Having said that, I will re-iterate what I said a few months back - Caroline Wilson is a stuck-up, cantankerous coiffured old sow.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 8:22am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Don't be so PRECIOUS......especially teflon, you little sook :cry: .....Ross is a big boy and can answer the odd difficult question, which is why he gets paid well (in his own words)....

Can we deny...

He mentions Sydney often...

We do not have as much talent coming through as other clubs

The fraser experiment has failed thus far

That AT and the club struggled with him commentating the other week..

seriously - get a grip......a few are carrying on like a member of our family is being teased....

It is called the HOT SEAT......did we not watch Mark Harvey a few weeks back.....

Fact is... the pre-season Premiership favs are teetering, we recruited 7 mature players in the last 2 years........and Ross and the boys have not delivered THUS FAR.....he needed some tough questions.....I would have asked...

How have YOU improved St.K?

snippa
Club Player

This show is rubbish. And nine mamnagement know it...hence the 10.30pm timeslot.

BTW who does that no talent Hutchison have photos of?

Do yourself a favour and get an early night on Monday's :wink:

I am the king of the divan
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:[
I have no idea my friend. I don't watch this show, I just heard our coach was going to be on & expected his answers to football related questions - I certainly won't be watching it again because it was an absolute waste of my time.
maybe why Ross has steared clear of too much media- and then he gets the- 'we can't get to you players question' why would they bother-
Like Roo and the GC question- He's answered it a million times why does he need to subject himself to having it asked four times in one night,,

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

FC is a pretty broad brush program despite promting itself as a hard-hitting show for hardcore footy fans.

Pumping up Hutchy's tyres (I will dead-set vomit the next time Gary Lyon calls him "the best in the business" ) with lame "exclusive" stories of Buddy in nightclubs is always gonna be better TV than discussing with RL whether Ferg or Charlie are better lead-up forward options for the Saints.

The forced, staged "arguments" between the hosts on this show is nauseating. You can almost hear them saying "Oh wow it REALLY looked like we hate each other then chuckle chuckle" in the ad breaks

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

An interesting point was raised earlier in regards to the questions that should have been asked of Ross.
There should be something organized on the main StKilda site where fans can lodge questions to the coach, these could be vetted by someone and the most sensible ones passed on each couple of weeks or so.
I would dearly love to know how he is addressing our shocking kicking skills in front of goal, I'm sure he is , but how?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

To be honest, I don't really care how Lyon 'presents' in the media.

No coach is ever honest publicly - nor should they be.

It's the on-field results that matter.

One thing that does bother me though, is he that he hasn't seem to have cut the umbilical cord from his hero Roos.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
SainterX wrote:If you could all have sent in a question for Ross to answer what would you have asked?
Form of Michael Gardiner
Goal Kicking Issues (accuracy)
Matthew Ferguson's future prospects
Our draftees from this year
Game plan issues

Certainly wouldn't have wasted time asking the same questions that have been asked before mainly pertaining to regurgitated media quotes!
Good post.

Absolutely gained nothing from that interview.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Thanks for the summary Benengel - I never watch that program..... :shock:

Stand your ground :shock:
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Seriously what is this bi*ch on saying that we have no good young kids.

Armitage, Gilbert, Geary, McEvoy, Allen, Steven and Eddy will be all good players in the future for the Saints.

When someone is on the show from Richmond she doe's not say to them once about the drafting of Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls or why did you get Kent Kingsley to the club. She is a Joke!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:No game plan question, Caro took the 'odd quote out of context" approach. A wasted interview opportunity really. Sam Lane would have got to the crux a lot better, but she's on the other channel.

well...same certainly did......oh did you say crux.....???? :oops: :oops: :oops:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintDal
Club Player

Did anyone notice that when answering a question on Fraser Ross almost said retired before he said long term injury list?

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

I think Ross was genuinely surprised that he is perceived as showing little emotion. In response to the StKilda Questions he spontaneously said "I love StKilda" which I thought was a true indication of what he feels - and he said there is no "us and them we work together" or words to that effect when discussing the soft comment. He was suggesting open dialogue.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterX wrote:Who else here thinks Dempster will be a 100 game player for us like Rossy?

not me mate....unless he suddenly realises what the game is about....he can't kick, can''t tackle and can't run.......

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

LTN16 wrote:..........

When someone is on the show from Richmond she doe's not say to them once about the drafting of Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls or why did you get Kent Kingsley to the club. She is a Joke!!
Or their drafting of Tambling over Franklin, Fiora over Pavlich.......... :shock:

Stand your ground :shock:
savatage
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
SainterX wrote:Who else here thinks Dempster will be a 100 game player for us like Rossy?

not me mate....unless he suddenly realises what the game is about....he can't kick, can''t tackle and can't run.......
So basically he's limbless?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
stinger wrote:

It's just a flesh wound.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:Thanks for the summary Benengel - I never watch that program..... :shock:

me either...and i love my footy...can't get enough actually.......but i draw the line on that fugly old cow.......

stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
savatage wrote:
stinger wrote:

It's just a flesh wound.

:cry: :cry: :wink: :wink: :wink: ....now that's funny ......i love that movie.....