What did you think of the booing?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i wouldnt boo
only because i feel like i should be sitting in front of a puppet show booing and hissing

but i seriously wouldnt be happy icing the clock when its obvious u are going to win.
total stupidity imo

ctqs
Club Player

They didn't do it for that long. It was after a reasonable effort (if not skill level) for 95 percent of the game. It is the perfect time to try something in a game situation, as opposed to at training.
There's nothing wrong with booing. As long as it's justified.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Iceman234 wrote:On Fox just now,

BJ held the ball above his head with 4.31 to go of actual game time - from mine that is waaaaaay too early when you're 70 odd points up.

Even a close game, way too early.

As the commentary said, why on earth would we do it?

Just to bring us fans back down for the last few minutes maybe? :wink:
The ball holding thing always comes from senior players...
and as some other posters have noted, maybe Dempster and Armitage have yet to be infected by the StKilda malaise.

I watched as DalSanto do it last week from a kick in, only to see the ball come sailing back over his head for a goal. Goddard with five to go is just rediculous.
Taking your foot off the pedal nowadays is a sign that you are "soft". IT is why Freo keep losing. And I have been calling a few of our senior players lazy for a while now, the cheap option will do. And to be honest I would have thought Roo and Kosi would have been screaming for the opportunity to join in the score fest.
And to those that claim some are never satisfied, rubbish, I will be happy to win by kick against the dogs if it means we have played a full four quarters for the win. The fact is on the day we were 80-100 points better than the Dee's. The players (NOT THE COACH) obviously did not think so.

Seeya
m_m
Club Player

yea...stoopid play stk

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Have never booed the team.

Ever.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:On Fox just now,

BJ held the ball above his head with 4.31 to go of actual game time - from mine that is waaaaaay too early when you're 70 odd points up.

Even a close game, way too early.

As the commentary said, why on earth would we do it?

Just to bring us fans back down for the last few minutes maybe? :wink:
The ball holding thing always comes from senior players...
and as some other posters have noted, maybe Dempster and Armitage have yet to be infected by the StKilda malaise.

I watched as DalSanto do it last week from a kick in, only to see the ball come sailing back over his head for a goal. Goddard with five to go is just rediculous.
Taking your foot off the pedal nowadays is a sign that you are "soft". IT is why Freo keep losing. And I have been calling a few of our senior players lazy for a while now, the cheap option will do. And to be honest I would have thought Roo and Kosi would have been screaming for the opportunity to join in the score fest.
And to those that claim some are never satisfied, rubbish, I will be happy to win by kick against the dogs if it means we have played a full four quarters for the win. The fact is on the day we were 80-100 points better than the Dee's. The players (NOT THE COACH) obviously did not think so.
Great post!!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Have never booed the team.

Ever.
That doesn't mean a whole lot.

Richter
SS Life Member

I found the booing bizarre. We were in control and well ahead - why not trust the guys?

BJ looked almost back to his dominant best, demanding the ball like a quarterback.

Soon after we scored two more goals.......

Including Dempster with a long bomb, a floodbuster!

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Sam23
SS Life Member

I thought it was OK.

We SUCK at holding up the ball and really need to get better at it for mine, even when we are up by 70 points against melbourne we couldn't hold it up for longer than 30 seconds.

Goddard.
Huzzad
Club Player

avid wrote:I thought the booing was fully justified, and an important message to deliver -- naybe more to the coaches than the players.
In the state we're in, we should be desperate to make up every percentage point available, and to demonstrate with every last shred of energy that we can crush a team, whoever they are.
Cruising, at any stage of a game, does not become us right now.

(Dempster's goal at the end was a breath of fresh air!)
I'm with you on this one. I was mortified to see the signal with so much time on the clock. We should have just opened the flood gates. When have we been able to do that this year?

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Ever.
Thanks for the love, sweetheart.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Boong your own players is NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER acceptable IMHO.

Yes it was frustrating, yes everyone wanted to go for the kill, but theres a line between that and actually booing the team....as I heard many people doing.

Never freaking satisfied some people. You win by a goal and they say it would have been by 5, you win by 10 goals and it should have been 15.

Truly, some people around me today would not have been satisfied unless we'd won 55.00.330 to 00.00.00 and not one Melbourne player got near it all day. Every Melbourne posesssion was meat with a tirade of "pick up your men!!!". Sheesh..newsflash people, no matter how much you dominate, the opposition are still gonna hit a target and kick a goal from time to time
I'll second that !!

This thread reminds me of the night people booed and jeered Troy Schwarze when receiving his medelion for our (was it Wizard) Cup win a few years back. Absolutely DISGUSTING !!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Ever.
Thanks for the love, sweetheart.
8-)