Changes Vs Western Bulldogs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:I agree. Alpine watch the game.

X shouldn't come straight back IMO.
X should be coming through the scorps make him earn his spot,
and so should baker, and he needs to be 100% fit,
dempster shouldnt be dropped he has shown us why he is in the team now.

CJ
Schneider
Fergo
Gram
Dal Back to form
all good tonight

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:No change.

Schneider saved his arse today, but his goals were cheapies.

cheapies.....really?

5 goals straight.....ALL his shots went through the big sticks - they didn't hit the big stick, go between the big and little stick, or on the full.

Not a bad effort for a Saint player!

Well done Schneiderman.......you should buy Rossy a beer!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
cwrcyn wrote:No change.

Schneider saved his arse today, but his goals were cheapies.

cheapies.....really?

5 goals straight.....ALL his shots went through the big sticks - they didn't hit the big stick, go between the big and little stick, or on the full.

Not a bad effort for a Saint player!

Well done Schneiderman.......you should buy Rossy a beer!
What about the games where u relied on the "Schneiderman"??????

AWOL.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Schneider always pulls out the big ones against lesser opposition......watch him in the big games.
And your telling St Kilda supporters that? We watched Schneider literally single handedly rob a Grand Final appearance in the last quarter of the 2005 preliminary.

I also tend to remember him being a very handy player in those sydney vs west coast "matches of the year" over their grand final years.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

out blake in baker

blake still commits errors and is worried out of disposing the ball first option with any pressure around him

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Goody
Club Player

Blake may miss due to injury, was hobbling a bit at the end, maybe calf.
If he's fit, play him, underated in my opinion.
As an old bloke once said, "If it aint broke dont fix it'
But if fixing needs done get Ferg in front of the big white sticks and make him kick at the 100 times till Friday arvo, christ if he was on targey for 75% of his kicks we'd be lauding him as the new Plugger!!
5 points, a lot from set shots within 40 metres is crap.
We could have beaten them by 120 points today.
Will I ever be happy???

I spose I was a bit

Followed Saints since '71
Sir Robert Harvey was my favorite player
Stewie Lowe and Plugger before that.
Loved watching Rooey and Jack Steven
Now looking forward to the future

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, but most just say " What the f#&k happened!".
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

I don't know about these low end players next week. I recon i could have got a dozen kicks out there today . I would still take a chance and go for experienced players like Baker and Xavier because i think with the standard of opposition being far higher there's a good chance players like Geary and Dempster won't step up and go missing.
Last edited by Winmar7Fan on Sun 01 Jun 2008 11:46pm, edited 2 times in total.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Goody wrote:Blake may miss due to injury, was hobbling a bit at the end, maybe calf.
If he's fit, play him, underated in my opinion.
As an old bloke once said, "If it aint broke dont fix it'
But if fixing needs done get Ferg in front of the big white sticks and make him kick at the 100 times till Friday arvo, christ if he was on targey for 75% of his kicks we'd be lauding him as the new Plugger!!5 points, a lot from set shots within 40 metres is crap.
We could have beaten them by 120 points today.
Will I ever be happy???

I spose I was a bit
Man sorry about adding the extra reply here but i just read this and couldn't help myself that's a HUGE statement you obviously either don't rate the Plugger legend very high or your sleeping with Ferg or something. He's gonna have to do FAR more than that (even if they all went through) to even contemplate that thought as far as I'm concerned.

james rose
Club Player

Winmar7Fan wrote:
Man sorry about adding the extra reply here but i just read this and couldn't help myself that's a HUGE statement you obviously either don't rate the Plugger legend very high or your sleeping with Ferg or something. He's gonna have to do FAR more than that (even if they all went through) to even contemplate that thought as far as I'm concerned.
pretty sure he was exaggerating to illustrate a point.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

james rose wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
pretty sure he was exaggerating to illustrate a point.
LOL Well he got the point through that's defanately an exaggeration :D

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Baker doesnt phase me to be honest. Birss kicks goals. That helps it HAS to be more than just stopping players...

X worries me and IF FIT Id like to see him come in for 1 simple reason - RUN. He can break lines through the middle and against a quick dogs side that can be handy.

“Yeah….nah””
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

If Baker and X are ready for next week.

Out: Dempster (for Baker) and.... I can't find anyone who i'd drop for X. Armitage perhaps. Maybe give Harvs needs a rest, had low TOG against melbourne.

CJ would have been the first cab off the rank to be sent back to Casey, but saved his spot with the best game of his career (so far).

However, neither guys played this week, and given the team we have selected at the moment is working well as a team, i'd play them both at Casey to find some fitness and form, and make a decision on dropping players based on how they stand up in a game against a top 4 side.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

tend to agree Otiman.

In some ways Id almost like Lyon to lay it on the line to those players who are borderline and say " you played well, you hold your spot and get your chance against a top 4 side to show what you can do. There are guys in 2's who have been regular 22 players...... its up to you if you want to keep playing senior footy"

“Yeah….nah””
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Whilst I think that both X and Bakes are in our best 22 I agree they need to earn their way into the side after such a strong team performance. I'd also like some evidence that X's hammy's can get hin through a game ... :roll:

So I agree they should bolster the Scorps lineup next week, and we play an unchanged side against the Bullies.