Throbbie you have simply no clue! - read article

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Throbbie you have simply no clue! - read article

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/s ... 14793.html

the silly twit just blames the players, the coach of course is still perfect and only warrants about 5 lines at the end of the article......sure, it aint all Lyon's fault, but some more analysis would've added some balance.

And the idiot calls Max "old and cranky" for going off at 2 team mates.

Give me a break FFS Throbbie, it's called PASSION, something your article did actually go on about.

Get your hand off it.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Murray Pitts

I was expecting worse from Walls. Not that bad a summary of where things have gone wrong personell wise. To say Max is struggling is just ridiculous, nothing wrong with giving a team mate a spray provided you have earned the respect of the group, which Max has.

I can't help but feel we all got caught up in the media's love of us pre-season. Now they're left with egg on their face and they are sticking the boot into us because of it.

JeffDunne

While St Kilda finished just outside the eight last year, it was in the second half of the season the third-best performed team with 7½ wins.
Christ this argument irks me.

I wish I had a dollar for every time Throbbie and his love child have trotted this out.

Three of those wins we fell over the line against two sides not trying to win. One or two good wins against quality opposition in half a season of football is nothing to write home about.

More B/S from Throbbie to justify the farcial process he was very much a part of.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
While St Kilda finished just outside the eight last year, it was in the second half of the season the third-best performed team with 7½ wins.

I wish I had a dollar for every time Throbbie and his love child have trotted this out.

Three of those wins we fell over the line against two sides not trying to win. One or two good wins against quality opposition in half a season of football is nothing to write home about.

More B/S from Throbbie to justify the farcial process he was very much a part of.
Totally agree, it was hardly inspiring, even with the full list we had!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Throbbie you have simply no clue! - read article

saintspremiers wrote:http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/s ... 14793.html

the silly twit just blames the players, the coach of course is still perfect and only warrants about 5 lines at the end of the article......sure, it aint all Lyon's fault, but some more analysis would've added some balance.

And the idiot calls Max "old and cranky" for going off at 2 team mates.

Give me a break FFS Throbbie, it's called PASSION, something your article did actually go on about.

Get your hand off it.
Having a crack at your team mate during a game in full view of the oppostion is just plain stupid. Walls is correct in saying that it is a belittling, selfish attitude that wrecks team spirit.

I hope Max was pulled up for that this week along with a reminder that he isn't travelling that well either when avoiding the soft catagory. 5 tackles in eight games sais it all.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I thought the article was OK,bearing in mind Walls wasn't going to bag his mate Ross.......

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

An article designed purely to protect the bloke he helped appoint.

As it stands, Lyon is a pretty average coach.

Some things he's been good at, but the crucial things: player development, selection, skills and match-day tactics have crucified us.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

I thought Rob's insight to the tackling was very interesting. It does raise some intesity issues with us...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Behind Play
Club Player

He still hasn't given a reason why the players have fallen away. Very easy to state the obvious, blind Freddy can see the players need to pull their fingers out.............but why?

From what I heard last night on SEN , Andrew Jarman claims that his source at St Kilda has told him that Ross has lost a number of players from the leadership group. No reason given though.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Walls is paid to provoke responses from the fans. That sells papers. He is not paid to have any courage or morals, and that is why I would bet my bottom dollar that he didn't bother to pick up the phone and call #8, #12 or #14 who he potted in his article.

I don't know that would be a wise move to listen to everything Andrew Jarman has to say !!

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Who is Andrew Jarman anyway,not as good as his brother and was dumped from AFL footy earlier much than "he" expected.......and then no one else wanted him.......

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:He still hasn't given a reason why the players have fallen away. Very easy to state the obvious, blind Freddy can see the players need to pull their fingers out.............but why?

From what I heard last night on SEN , Andrew Jarman claims that his source at St Kilda has told him that Ross has lost a number of players from the leadership group. No reason given though.
Very interesting thing to be said. I'd like to see a journolist follow this up and ask some direct questions of the leadership group and of Ross. Can't be left alone.

If true then the people in the leadership group should be removed from the club immediately. This club needs to be managed from the top down not the bottom up. It's been the problem of the club for a long while. It's why we go through so many coaches. We get one or two prima donnas at the club and they end up rulling the joint. It's what happens at a success starved club.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote: From what I heard last night on SEN , Andrew Jarman claims that his source at St Kilda has told him that Ross has lost a number of players from the leadership group. No reason given though.
He is deadset correct. My sources down at Moorabbin tell me the same thing.

However just like Jarman the sources I have are all those voices in my head. Cant work out if my voices were saying Ross had lost the players or "Kill them, Kill them all".

I fear Jarmans voices were telling him the same :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Most likely, we simply rated Justin Koschitzke, Leigh Montagna, Nick Dal Santo and the Clarke brothers to be better than they actually are.
I think he left quite a few names off that list.

Hard at it
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:

Winning 7.5 out of our last 11 and having the season we had last yr is definitely nothing to get excited over, yet either is our 8th placed finish in 2006 when our backward slide began. Terrible recruiting and trading draft picks for other clubs hacks started the rot that has left us where we are now

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:He still hasn't given a reason why the players have fallen away. Very easy to state the obvious, blind Freddy can see the players need to pull their fingers out.............but why?

Were they the same sources telling everyone GT has lost a number of the leadership group and had favorites?

IF this is true back Lyon to the hilt.

Who runs this f@Rgon club - bunch of sook players who dont like it when they are told tolift their game? OR the football dept who should be in charge.

Sick to death of st kilda "sources" suggesting players have been "lost" to the coach absolute CR@P.

“Yeah….nah””
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

Were they the same sources telling everyone GT has lost a number of the leadership group and had favorites?

IF this is true back Lyon to the hilt.

Who runs this f@Rgon club - bunch of sook players who dont like it when they are told tolift their game? OR the football dept who should be in charge.

Sick to death of st kilda "sources" suggesting players have been "lost" to the coach absolute CR@P.
Yeah couldn't aggree more. It's the problem with the weak managment culture the club has always had. It's time to take a stand and follow up Andrew Jarmans claim. This is a fundamental flaw in our club culture and it needs to be weeded out. If it is true then the players should be sacked.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Andrew Jarmans a knob and his rubbish is rarely true but IF there was a skerrick of truth to it I agree - p!ss the players off.

It doesnt matter WHO the coach is - players are paid to play for the club AND more importantly bust their guts for the jumper.

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

andrew jarman is a half witted croweater..........and he is the smart one in the family......wouldn't take any notice of anything he said

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:An article designed purely to protect the bloke he helped appoint.

As it stands, Lyon is a pretty average coach.

Some things he's been good at, but the crucial things: player development, selection, skills and match-day tactics have crucified us.
What has he been actually good at? Seriously. I cant think of anything at all. :(

Scoop
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote: More B/S from Throbbie to justify the farcial process he was very much a part of.
Interesting JD.....didn't realise Walls was part of the Grant Thomas coach selection 'process'....!!?? :shock:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
mischa
Club Player

The Scumbag wrote:Fraser Gehrig had also decided to come out of a short retirement. That would be a positive as the big fella had come eighth in the best-and-fairest in 2007 and had led his club's goalkicking with 59 majors
Now what kind of spin would this a**hole have "written" if "you know who" still had've been the coach and pulled a stunt like this only to find it not working :?: :roll: Basically the entire article is an attempt to justify Walls' selections (Clarke, King, M.Gardiner) etc....and as such makes it very clear as to who is doing the mentoring. Never get involved with the Scumbag :twisted: :evil:

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com
JeffDunne

Scoop wrote:
JeffDunne wrote: More B/S from Throbbie to justify the farcial process he was very much a part of.
Interesting JD.....didn't realise Walls was part of the Grant Thomas coach selection 'process'....!!?? :shock:
There's one person that's been a constant through the last 3 appointments and it's not Grant Thomas.

And that same person spent hundreds of thousands of the clubs funds trying to justify his compromised choices.

Interesting to note too who the one St Kilda player is on Stride's books (remember them, Rod SoftAs paid them to justify a decision he was going to make even if we had won a flag).