NDS on Footy Show

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Darren
Club Player

NDS on Footy Show

Along with Robertson and Thomas.
Billy taking over Sammy. :p

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

sexy boy that one

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
choowy
Club Player

G. lyon still digging.

Wtf did they have to bring thomo's interview into this forum.
________
Plymouth breeze history
Last edited by choowy on Tue 15 Feb 2011 2:15am, edited 1 time in total.

SaintWal
Club Player

Handled himself well

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

It was selfish. What step is denial in the recovery process?

SaintWal
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:It was selfish. What step is denial in the recovery process?
We continually berate our misfielders about not kicking goals. He said he made a mistake in his choice of kick. If he had of kicked the goal we would be still lauding him as genious

snippa
Club Player

Would do much better concentrating on getting a kick on Sunday.

Would be different if we were on top of the ladder

I am the king of the divan
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

snippa wrote:Would do much better concentrating on getting a kick on Sunday.

Would be different if we were on top of the ladder
spoton.

“Yeah….nah””
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:sexy boy that one
Billy or Dal?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

SaintWal wrote:[
We continually berate our misfielders about not kicking goals.
nice slip up :P
they certainly do 'mis'

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Gee ol' Gazza Lyon doesnt take kindly to beng ribbed does he. When Bill held the cartoon drawings up I thaught Gaz was gonna cry!

The scratchie joke was an absolute classic I wonder where the bloke who sent it in picked it up. mabey someone can tell me it would be an absolute cracker of a gift

BANG BNG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

russell robertson said one of the demons had picked some up in Darwin- I would think one of those- nick nack bits and pieces Happy shops wil have them.

but Robbo didn't let on

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Buckets
SS Life Member

SaintWal wrote:Handled himself well
Not so sure that he did Wal. I thought he like Roo tried to pass the buck onto the rest of the playing group when fronted with the tough questions. He would make a statement that sounded good then would undo the work trying to add little excuses! That is IMO though. The fact that he claimed that he hadnt heard the comments from Lyon regarding the softness of the team was suprising!
Would have thought that he would have known a bit sooner than that!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Behind Play
Club Player

choowy wrote:G. lyon still digging.

Wtf did they have to bring thomo's interview into this forum.
There was totally no reason to bring this up at all. People in glass houses

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I thought Dal was average personally.

I would've liked him to say, in response to the 'soft' tag that "yes I was soft on the weekend. I don't consider myself a soft player but last Sunday I was average. I can guarantee you I won't be this weekend."

But no, he denies the comments could be directed at him. Couldn't possibly be him could it? :roll:

Not fussed about the kick at goal. If he kicked the goal, nothing would be said. Denied he was dragged because of it though.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

I thought Dal carried himself well last night in the face of the criticism...

IMO he was correct to go for goal... This is a major weakness in our team, yet he gets bagged when he tries to rectify it.. He stuffed it, big deal, the idea was right, exectution was wrong... I hope it doesnt hinder his confidence to go on goal in the coming weeks..

As for Andrew Thompson, his comments were a disgrace... As a board member and ex 'servant' of the club, he should have pulled his head in and supported his ex-teammate.. Instead he put the boots in...

He of all people should know that Dal is unselfish to the point of detriment to the team... A player of Dals quality should back himself more often... Thompson, having played next to dal for 4/5 years should know this.. Instead he sold him out for the price of being controversial.. Patheitc...

Admittedly if anyone were to know about being selfish, it would be Thomspson, flogging a dead-horse of a career 2 years too long for a pay-check... Im sure deep down he's pissed at Dal, as if he wasnt around Thommo could still be getting a kick (or falling over (see '05, 06, 07))...

Mountain out of a molehill that shot on goal has become.. I hope Dal doesnt buy into it and back himself more often..

killa_gram
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:I thought Dal carried himself well last night in the face of the criticism...

IMO he was correct to go for goal... This is a major weakness in our team, yet he gets bagged when he tries to rectify it.. He stuffed it, big deal, the idea was right, exectution was wrong... I hope it doesnt hinder his confidence to go on goal in the coming weeks..

As for Andrew Thompson, his comments were a disgrace... As a board member and ex 'servant' of the club, he should have pulled his head in and supported his ex-teammate.. Instead he put the boots in...

He of all people should know that Dal is unselfish to the point of detriment to the team... A player of Dals quality should back himself more often... Thompson, having played next to dal for 4/5 years should know this.. Instead he sold him out for the price of being controversial.. Patheitc...

Admittedly if anyone were to know about being selfish, it would be Thomspson, flogging a dead-horse of a career 2 years too long for a pay-check... Im sure deep down he's pissed at Dal, as if he wasnt around Thommo could still be getting a kick (or falling over (see '05, 06, 07))...

Mountain out of a molehill that shot on goal has become.. I hope Dal doesnt buy into it and back himself more often..
I think your the disgrace for bagging Thommo like that.

Yes, perhaps he shouldn't have said what he did, but IMO Thommo has given more to this club than yourself and 90% of the players who have ever played for this club.

At least Thommo wasn't soft and so far has done more in his career than most of the guys playing in the team. How well have we done without his leadership this year?????

Who do you reckon pulled our club through the lean years, especially when Harvs was injured?

For what it's worth I believe Thommo has committed not to commentate on anymore Saints games.

Perhaps if the players were not so soft and sh1t then Thommo wouldn't feel so let down and frustrated by the cr@p we all have to watched dished out by them week after week.

:roll:

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
Sobraz
SS Life Member

killa_gram wrote:
Sobraz wrote:I thought Dal carried himself well last night in the face of the criticism...

Yes, perhaps he shouldn't have said what he did, but IMO Thommo has given more to this club than yourself and 90% of the players who have ever played for this club.

At least Thommo wasn't soft and so far has done more in his career than most of the guys playing in the team. How well have we done without his leadership this year?????

Who do you reckon pulled our club through the lean years, especially when Harvs was injured?

For what it's worth I believe Thommo has committed not to commentate on anymore Saints games.

Perhaps if the players were not so soft and sh1t then Thommo wouldn't feel so let down and frustrated by the cr@p we all have to watched dished out by them week after week.

That says it all there in a nutshell... Kick Dal while he's down then run.. Surely he should have thought before he spoke... But no, he had to make (an incorrect) judgement on Dal at his and the teams expense..

I agree with Caro on this issue... Board members should not put themselves in that postion in the media... At the end of the day, Ross is the head of our club, and i sincerely hope he gave Thompson a serious spray..

For some reason I see Thompson as having an agenda, and feel his actions post retirement (make that his last 2 years of playing also) show that he puts himself ahead of the club...

killa_gram
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:
killa_gram wrote:

That says it all there in a nutshell... Kick Dal while he's down then run.. Surely he should have thought before he spoke... But no, he had to make (an incorrect) judgement on Dal at his and the teams expense..

I agree with Caro on this issue... Board members should not put themselves in that postion in the media... At the end of the day, Ross is the head of our club, and i sincerely hope he gave Thompson a serious spray..

For some reason I see Thompson as having an agenda, and feel his actions post retirement (make that his last 2 years of playing also) show that he puts himself ahead of the club...
Thommo is the one of the most unselfish people to ever play for us and btw if you ever meet him you would know the same. :roll:

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
Sobraz
SS Life Member

killa_gram wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
killa_gram wrote:

Thommo is the one of the most unselfish people to ever play for us and btw if you ever meet him you would know the same. :roll:
My point is, club first (not just ex-club but his current work), individual career second... I feel these have been mixed up..

Washedup
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:
killa_gram wrote:

That is when you lost the argument. Caro has got absolutely NO idea about anything, just goes to show you why the Age is a shite paper. How the hell could anyone employ that woman, least of all as the head football writer

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Washedup wrote: That is when you lost the argument. Caro has got absolutely NO idea about anything, just goes to show you why the Age is a shite paper. How the hell could anyone employ that woman, least of all as the head football writer
Good Afternoon Sam !!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
killa_gram wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
killa_gram wrote:

My point is, club first (not just ex-club but his current work), individual career second... I feel these have been mixed up..
but isnt that one of the reasons that we hated eddie comentating cause he couldnt look past his one eyed veiw of the filth players
thommo was doing his job and commenting on the insident personally i think it was a bit harsh as had he kicked it it would of been a stroke of genious (like daisy thomas's effort)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Lennon
Club Player

I thought Dal was very ordinary last night. Very defensive and seems to have an unwarranted high opinion of himself.

I had no problem with him trying to kick that goal last Sunday... but he has been playing badly and has been a passenger for most of the season, and for him to insist that there was no way Lyon's comments could be directed at him was frustrating.

Behind Play
Club Player

Lennon wrote:I thought Dal was very ordinary last night. Very defensive and seems to have an unwarranted high opinion of himself.

I had no problem with him trying to kick that goal last Sunday... but he has been playing badly and has been a passenger for most of the season, and for him to insist that there was no way Lyon's comments could be directed at him was frustrating.
Its Ok for Roo to seperate himsef from the rest of the player group, but not Dal. Be consistent.