“I don’t think we’re in a rebuilding phase" - Rie

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JeffDunne

“I don’t think we’re in a rebuilding phase" - Rie

http://www.saints.com.au/tabid/5315/Def ... wsid=60389

[quote]ST KILDA captain Nick Riewoldt says coach Ross Lyon’s criticism of his teammates after Sunday’s loss to the Brisbane Lions is justified.

Lyon was scathing of the Saints after the match, labelling some of his players as mentally and physically soft.

Riewoldt said the coach’s comments could be the spur the team needed to get its season back on track.

“What he said resonated across the playing group - the comments were appropriate and we’ll respond this weekend,â€

Behind Play
Club Player

Re: “I don’t think we’re in a rebuilding phase" -

[quote="JeffDunne"]http://www.saints.com.au/tabid/5315/Def ... wsid=60389

[quote]ST KILDA captain Nick Riewoldt says coach Ross Lyon’s criticism of his teammates after Sunday’s loss to the Brisbane Lions is justified.

Lyon was scathing of the Saints after the match, labelling some of his players as mentally and physically soft.

He also went on to say and made sure the public knew that Ross was not referring to him.
What an absolute toss........ its all about him.
You are the board's captain and we have to accept it. Lets see what happens when your contract is up for renewal and the GC offer you a bucket load.
Its not the coach the players are not playing for.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Well the chickens are coming home to roost for all the people who rushed out and annointed this dud Westaway as the new messiah.

My worst fears are coming true it seems.

Had to be the worst call by a STKFC president (we want Ross to coach for 10 years FFS :roll: ) since, well since the last president said that about the last coach.

At least the last president went on to explain that it would mean that GT had won us a couple of flags (even if he had of he would have been sacked - or so goes the scuttlebutt, but hey thats another story).

Wouldn't it just be easire for the people who backed Westaway to come out and just admit they were wrong :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

YET

Wait until years end when we're bottom 4.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

[quote="JeffDunne"]http://www.saints.com.au/tabid/5315/Def ... wsid=60389

[quote]

“I don’t think we’re in a rebuilding phase. We’ve got a strong list, (and) we’ve got full confidence in the personnel at the club to get the job done for us.â€

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

To be fair, heard Westaway on SEN this morning and he was direct, up front, and made a lot of sense.

Basically said we weren't rebuilding and were still in the hunt.

Also said that while not official, his thoughts were those of the board and when asked if the board would extend Lyons contract couldn't confirm but it would be discussed at board level.

Was very good this morning coming out and shoring up the club from the destabilising elements who just love a big sacking once a year at the Saints.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Clubs should ALWAYS be in a constant state of rebuilding.

BallBanger
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Well the chickens are coming home to roost for all the people who rushed out and annointed this dud Westaway as the new messiah.

My worst fears are coming true it seems.

Had to be the worst call by a STKFC president (we want Ross to coach for 10 years FFS :roll: ) since, well since the last president said that about the last coach.

At least the last president went on to explain that it would mean that GT had won us a couple of flags (even if he had of he would have been sacked - or so goes the scuttlebutt, but hey thats another story).

Wouldn't it just be easire for the people who backed Westaway to come out and just admit they were wrong :wink:
Do you know him JB?

Dud you say...subject meets your qualifications

stinger
Saintsational Legend

well....the pres mightn't last two years......so let's wait a tad and see.....don't think it is wise to publicly say that the coach will be around for the next ten years ffs..........unless he has the runs on the board already.......and ross certainly doesn't.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
JeffDunne

Behind Play wrote:He also went on to say and made sure the public knew that Ross was not referring to him.
What an absolute toss........ its all about him.
You are the board's captain and we have to accept it. Lets see what happens when your contract is up for renewal and the GC offer you a bucket load.
Its not the coach the players are not playing for.
I reckon that's unfair.

You're judging Roo on comments that aren't a quote from him.

Read what he said and it doesn't come across like that.
“What he said resonated across the playing group - the comments were appropriate and we’ll respond this weekend,â€

Behind Play
Club Player

Despite not being excluded from Lyon's heavy criticism last weekend, Riewoldt was adamant the comments were not directed at him.

"I didn't hear those comments but I've spoken to Ross about how I went on the weekend personally," said Riewoldt, who returned figures of 13 disposals, eight marks and one goal against the Lions.

"He said obviously you didn't play up to your normal standard but your effort couldn't be questioned so I didn't take that as a personal offence."

This is what I read. What is your opinion?

JeffDunne

Behind Play wrote:What is your opinion?
I'm trying to be a real supporter so I don't have one.

Behind Play
Club Player

You do, you said I was unfair and the way I read your last comment, I am not a supporter because i have an opinion, or is it because my opinion doesn't agree with yours?
Being a supporter doesn't mean you cannot express an opinion.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:Do you know him JB?

I dont need to personally know him to hear him make outlandish statements that Lyon will be coach for 10 years. :roll:

Lance or James??

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
BallBanger wrote:Do you know him JB?

I dont need to personally know him to hear him make outlandish statements that Lyon will be coach for 10 years. :roll:
I reckon Lyon will be coach for 27 years.

I have pictures from Mars to prove it, and recent ones at that!!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

So at this stage, we sack the President, sack the Coach, sack the Captain and throw in Koz, Dal and Gram for good measure. Oh, keep Raph & Mini! Fairdinkum I have never read so much rubbish on this forum as this week. :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:So at this stage, we sack the President, sack the Coach, sack the Captain and throw in Koz, Dal and Gram for good measure. Oh, keep Raph & Mini! Fairdinkum I have never read so much rubbish on this forum as this week. :roll:
I nearly posted that last night Bev
just who was going to run out there for us next year?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
JeffDunne

Behind Play wrote:You do, you said I was unfair and the way I read your last comment, I am not a supporter because i have an opinion, or is it because my opinion doesn't agree with yours?
The 'real' supporter jibe wasn't directed at you. It was directed at those questioning my support because I don't think Lyon can coach.

Sorry, I shouldn't have assumed you'd have known that.

Behind Play
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:
Behind Play wrote:You do, you said I was unfair and the way I read your last comment, I am not a supporter because i have an opinion, or is it because my opinion doesn't agree with yours?
The 'real' supporter jibe wasn't directed at you. It was directed at those questioning my support because I don't think Lyon can coach.

Sorry, I shouldn't have assumed you'd have known that.
My apologise :lol:

jill
Club Player

Only joined Saintsational last year & loved it 'til we started losing - as a supporter for 58 years - a member for 50 years -IF YOU'RE A TRUE SUPPORTER YOU'RE THERE FOR THEM NO MATTER WHAT!!!!
ps Love Roo - think he's as passionate as I am about the club - can't help but wonder how many of his critics are from other clubs trying to undermine us.

Lennon
Club Player

Behind Play wrote:Despite not being excluded from Lyon's heavy criticism last weekend, Riewoldt was adamant the comments were not directed at him.

"I didn't hear those comments but I've spoken to Ross about how I went on the weekend personally," said Riewoldt, who returned figures of 13 disposals, eight marks and one goal against the Lions.

"He said obviously you didn't play up to your normal standard but your effort couldn't be questioned so I didn't take that as a personal offence."

This is what I read. What is your opinion?
What a bizarre thing to claim he's a toss who thinks it's all about him over.

He was probably asked by a reporter if he was offended by being called "mentally weak" by his coach.

How was he meant to respond?

He said he'd not actually heard the coach make that comment, but had already spoken to the coach, who was not dirty with him, therefore Roo was not offended.

I say we off-load supporters of your ilk before we off-load Ross.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

What a nothing thread by a nothing supporter..... :lol:

*yawn*

“Yeah….nah””
Shaggy
Club Player

[quote="saintsRrising"][quote="JeffDunne"]http://www.saints.com.au/tabid/5315/Def ... wsid=60389

[quote]

“I don’t think we’re in a rebuilding phase. We’ve got a strong list, (and) we’ve got full confidence in the personnel at the club to get the job done for us.â€

JeffDunne

saintsRrising wrote:Or are there comments from GW about rebuilding the playing list too?
Actually the reason I posted this had nothing to do with GW's comments at all.

I'd like to say I'm surprised you're too shallow have mis-read the target - but I'm not.

NoMore
Club Player

I heard Westaway this morning on SEN and he sounded like an idiot.

Obviously knew nothing about football

Made comments that were just his personal opinion and not that of the board. Last tim i checked as president u r a spokesperson for the board who are supposed to speak for the members.

He sounds like an absolute moron

If we were a strong club he would not have spoken

Eddie or JB would not have spoken at all