Nick Riewoldt .... no more excuses

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote:Hopefully he'll kick more points in critical situations. He's great at that! Game in the balance, Riewoldt marks, chance to give saints momentum. SPRAYS THE KICK ALL OVER THE PLACE. Momentum gone, saints lose! Classic Riewoldt.
get a grip turn-coat

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

While trying not to be so harsh as the OP
I think the question should be, does Nick play for himself or the team?
If he was injured on Sunday and thought he could not make the distance 20mt out and directly in front, maybe he should have dished it off.

Seeya
Lennon
Club Player

luckysaint wrote:He came back 2 weeks after damaging his medial ligament. No more excuses? get off it
E-farking-xactly!

Have you, perchance, Craw, taken note of how much tape the guy has on him in recent times?

Doing everything he can just to stay out there.

Lock this miserable excuse for a thread. The OP reads more like an opposition troll (yes, I know it isn't).
sunsaint wrote:While trying not to be so harsh as the OP
I think the question should be, does Nick play for himself or the team?
If he was injured on Sunday and thought he could not make the distance 20mt out and directly in front, maybe he should have dished it off.
He did that later in the game and got criticised for not wanting to have a shot.

You will not find a more team-orientated player anywhere.

But he can't flowering win with you lot, can he.

The Craw
Club Player

Riewoldt acknowledged his own play had been inconsistent this year, and said he had a responsibility as captain to lead the return to form.

“I’m the captain of the club, and a lot of what happens with the playing group falls on the coaches and my shoulders," he said.
I guess our captain is a tool as well....just potted himself.

Not Craw, CRAW!
Lennon
Club Player

The Craw wrote:
Riewoldt acknowledged his own play had been inconsistent this year, and said he had a responsibility as captain to lead the return to form.

“I’m the captain of the club, and a lot of what happens with the playing group falls on the coaches and my shoulders," he said.
I guess our captain is a tool as well....just potted himself.
But that's Roo. Won't make an excuse, even if one's screaming to be made (pretty funny, considering your thread title implies he does nothing but make excuses).

We can't keep him from being overly harsh on himself if he wants to be... but supporters who are will be berated.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: But I ask all saints supporters this, how many of us cringe when Riewoldt has got a shot on goal. Seriously if you answer it honestly most of you will agree that we do not feel confident when Roo is lining up for a six pointer.
i don't

he is in the top half in our team for me when kicking for goal

I would rather him having the set shot than Kosi, milne, or Gardiner (either) for starters

the only player in our team i would definately want to have it ahead of Roo is Gehrig, and maybe BJ

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
Cairnsman wrote: But I ask all saints supporters this, how many of us cringe when Riewoldt has got a shot on goal. Seriously if you answer it honestly most of you will agree that we do not feel confident when Roo is lining up for a six pointer.
i don't

he is in the top half in our team for me when kicking for goal

I would rather him having the set shot than Kosi, milne, or Gardiner (either) for starters

the only player in our team i would definately want to have it ahead of Roo is Gehrig, and maybe BJ
Geez...I do. But none of those guys you've mentioned are that great...Kosi and Milne are at least a 60% chance. Gehrig was generally a great shot, so I'm glad he's a forward coach now.

supersaints
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
ratismeat wrote:Anyone who calls out Roo goes immediately onto my list as an absolute tool. Seriously he's done enough great stuff for this side to more than make up for a couple of sprayed kicks. End of discussion.
well said.

It's sad how quickly some can write off a FOUR times B&F winner!

Anyway, I really hope he doesn't play this week and has some badly needed time to get fit.
Roo is a champion.......................

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!