D Day for Cockroach.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
degruch wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
degruch wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
degruch wrote:
HA! I had cred??? Thanks buddy :D
hehe , I can see why you thought that was funny.
Gotta have time to work on it...bit like Ross really.
How much time would you give him?
Awww...I dunno...'bout 10 years I guess.

Aside from that Westaway miss-quote, RL's contracted 'til the end of 2009, so that's a start. He's been one of the most short-changed AFL coaches in history, having the board change from under him, the club forced to move, a large inherited injury list and a list of good players who then underperform and forget how to play basic footy...poor fella has barely had time to adjust since walking in the door.
You could have picked a better nic Mr Westaway. :lol:
The side has gone backwards under Lyons, you can't blame that entirely on matters outside his domain.
Till the end of his contract is reasonable but may be painful.
Ha! :D

Well...true, Ross is not totally out of the picture when it comes to responsibility for the team's performance...he's got to be a motivator (1981 Sheeds style, some might say) as well as a coach.

But there's also a school of thought that would say the St Kilda footy club's performance since the start of 2007 has been 50/50, meaning either (a) the gameplan sucks and the coach must go; or (b) the gameplan is the gameplan and those who can't follow it can p!ss off. The next few weeks will prove whether RL chooses to address (a) or (b). He hasn't been in this spot until now.

I honestly can't see that the team's gone backwards...2007 was a legacy year, RL's plan with GT's team, the results were a draw. This year it's been RL's plan and RL's team, if we win Sunday we're 5/5. So, what makes it worse? Due to his predicoble gameplan, I doubt we would have made the finals last year under GT anyway, IMO.

So...keep RL on track for this year, give him another season to respond to this year's failures, and we'll all know. Yeah, it might be painful, but not as painful as the alternative...gawd know we've tried that too many times already and Westaway's team, having been there, knows it

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:Part of me says I hope we smash Melbourne with some sort of entertaining football and give our season some hope -

I'll probably get bashed here but part of me also says I hope we lose so the knives can really come out.
Need to have some questions asked of the players and the coaching staff.
You won't get bashed, because I reckon that's what 99% of the rest of us think.

The only good thing that can come from the game is a big, morale and confidence boosting win that puts us on our way...

OR

A result that sees the club jolted into making the call that needs to be made.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

JeffDunne

TBH everton, I fear that if things go pear shaped we might start making decisions to justify Ross because we fear being labled a rabble.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Philosphically, I sometimes think St Kilda fans are most comfortable when the knives are out. We know what to do, how to point the finger and say "he's not good enough.", demand changes be made...

When it comes to mid table patience, we're out of our element...

Should Melbourne get over us, no doubt the knives come out. Should we win, then the Saints buy themselves another week. Nobody will be happy unless we beat both Melbourne and the dogs, and that will only put us a loss away from the knives coming out still... Beating the Dogs would be taken as evidence the Dogs are really no good anyway.

Who was it who said "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member"?

There is no good outcome from a loss to Melbourne.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford