All this Kosi crap...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

an attempt to lighten the mood my prickly friend.

my point being, we are currently paying kosi big bucks to take marks (which he is capable of doing) and be a mediocre backup ruckman. THATS IT.

He will never be a Jonathan Brown, yet we are paying him like he is already.

I think it would be remiss of us not to ask if our money would be better spent elsewhere.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

BringBackMadDog wrote:
my dog just did a nice steaming pile on the front lawn...

So I kicked a footy at it and sure enough, it stuck.

I'll let you know how it goes when it lines up for goal.... I could be onto something.
So you're now comparing Kosi to a pile of dog crap.
Please go and barrack for another club
You are a f##king joke.
summed up my thoughts perfectly maddog...

spert
Saintsational Legend

Kosi has lost a lot of the mongrel he had early in his career -he is much more tentative in contests, and although a great pack mark..just doesn't do enough. A good effort last week, but could have done a lot more on the day..though he had lots of mates there.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:And another thing,we won't be trading them for worthless duds! We don't want to be offloading them for the sake of it,that would be stupid. However if a trade could be done that would be a BETTER outcome for the STK.F.C then we do it. If we are offered players that won't make us better or only make us worse than of course we shouldn't trade these guys. But we have to do something,because incase you haven't noticed the outlook is starting to look pretty bleak with the two new teams to come in taking all the high draft picks.
All im getting at with my "worthless duds" comment is a worst case senario. Fiora was a #3 draft pick and was part of the trade for Heath Black that saw Troy Simmonds go to Richmond. imho we were by far the worse off in that deal, Simmonds has excelled at the Tigers and Black added needed grunt to the Dockers where as Fizz has been unable to amke much of an impact here.

Plus the C. Gardiner, Schnider and Dempster trade (although we got them for virtually nothing) have not been a success so far. So what im getting at is in the last couple of years our trading has been less than perfect and I dont want to loose players the quality of Dal or Kosi for a player who might fail in the long run.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

I support the St Kilda Football Club.
Not untouchables.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

duckduckduckgoose wrote:an attempt to lighten the mood my prickly friend.

my point being, we are currently paying kosi big bucks to take marks (which he is capable of doing) and be a mediocre backup ruckman. THATS IT.

He will never be a Jonathan Brown, yet we are paying him like he is already.

I think it would be remiss of us not to ask if our money would be better spent elsewhere.
Agree with the thought behind this post that Kosi is way over-rated and has way under-performed. Not saying that he should be traded, but am saying that he's not untouchable.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

duckduckduckgoose wrote: He will never be a Jonathan Brown, yet we are paying him like he is already.
We're paying Kosi as much as Brisbane's paying Brown?

Right-o.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Kosi would be up there with Brown.
Brown's contract is up this year and his last negotiations were back in a time that BL players made pacts to keep the core group of "Threepete" players together. I would consider his previous contract to be "cheap" in comparison to his last three years of value. Only Acker has left this group for more money.
Collingwood will pay ANYTHING to get brown down to victoria in '09.
can you imagine what brown would do for the filth.... shudder
Brown, Cloke, Didak, Davis, Medhurst & Thomas

Seeya