All this Kosi crap...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sobraz
SS Life Member

All this Kosi crap...

It is seriously time some of the posters on here gave themselves a solid slap in the face, so they can wake up and smell the roses when it comes to Kosi...

Thread after thread i'm reading suggestions he should be traded, that he's underperforming, overrated, has vision issues and isnt of great value..

What a bunch of utter crap... Kosi is a hugely important part of the success of our side, and is one of the few who bleeds for our club.. He is one of the last players you blame, let alone look to trade, when things go downhill, as it is now...

He is a key position player who has lacked support and continuity his whole career... Both on the park and positional... Whilst he hasnt become the 'superstar' he was touted as years ago, his output and influence on games is still enourmous, not to mention his assertivness and leadership on the field... He has the demenour of a champion... Players with these attributes are rare...

Kosi was outstanding against the lions... OUTSTANDING.. watch the game and it is obvious how much of an impact this guy can have on games, and with a bit of support and continuity he will improve on his consistancy rapidly..

At no stage in the pat 3/4 years has he played more than 6 or so weeks in the same position.. Now at FF, he should be allowed a full season to learn the nuances and get comfortable in this forgein and difficult position.. Instead posters are saying he isnt a natural forward, he is slow, he cant lead or kick well... Utter crap... It took G a year or so to get comfrtable, and with a similar timeframe and support, Kosi will be just as effective...

I had to pick myself up of the floor when i read in another thread that Kos would be playing 2nds if he were at the Hawks.. I feel it'd be the exact opposite.. If he were surrounded by players that bled for the ball like the hawks do, he'd be in AA contention, no matter what posi he played...

Kosi is an example of how we want the rest of the players to play like.. His attitude is the benchmark that should be set...

I would be devasted if we were to loose Kos.. As once again we would trade a player about to enter his prime to prosper at another club... And he will prosper.. See Hall, Lockett etc.. Key forwards in recent years are players we should know are invaluable...

So lay off Kosi, and stop expecting the world from him.. He is pulling his weight and giving his all... A hell of a lot more than those playing around him, and supporting our club are...

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: All this Kosi crap...

hope you don't mind me adding this very good and heartfelt post to the "kosi at ff" thread.

for what it is worth i agree with everything you said.

would be madness to trade him. same goes for dal santo.

it is the hacks that we want rid of ... not our good players.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

No probs at all carl.. Just feel like he needs to be defended every now and again as his name is constantly thrown in the mud... He, like Harvey and few others, is our heartbeat.. yet he is constantly underappreciated..

players of his commitment and passion is what we need more of, not what we should bargain with...

Agree with your addition of Dal.. whilst i have been harsh on his output in the past, he is not the sort of player you just discard... they are the foundations you build houses on...

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

today ball, dal santo, kosi have been listed as trade bait by folks here :roll:

no doubt we need more folks like dempster and charlie gardiner in the side.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i won't renew my membership if either is traded

Sobraz
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:i won't renew my membership if either is traded
I'm thinking the same..

jk23
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:It is seriously time some of the posters on here gave themselves a solid slap in the face, so they can wake up and smell the roses when it comes to Kosi...

Thread after thread i'm reading suggestions he should be traded, that he's underperforming, overrated, has vision issues and isnt of great value..

What a bunch of utter crap... Kosi is a hugely important part of the success of our side, and is one of the few who bleeds for our club.. He is one of the last players you blame, let alone look to trade, when things go downhill, as it is now...

He is a key position player who has lacked support and continuity his whole career... Both on the park and positional... Whilst he hasnt become the 'superstar' he was touted as years ago, his output and influence on games is still enourmous, not to mention his assertivness and leadership on the field... He has the demenour of a champion... Players with these attributes are rare...

Kosi was outstanding against the lions... OUTSTANDING.. watch the game and it is obvious how much of an impact this guy can have on games, and with a bit of support and continuity he will improve on his consistancy rapidly..

At no stage in the pat 3/4 years has he played more than 6 or so weeks in the same position.. Now at FF, he should be allowed a full season to learn the nuances and get comfortable in this forgein and difficult position.. Instead posters are saying he isnt a natural forward, he is slow, he cant lead or kick well... Utter crap... It took G a year or so to get comfrtable, and with a similar timeframe and support, Kosi will be just as effective...

I had to pick myself up of the floor when i read in another thread that Kos would be playing 2nds if he were at the Hawks.. I feel it'd be the exact opposite.. If he were surrounded by players that bled for the ball like the hawks do, he'd be in AA contention, no matter what posi he played...

Kosi is an example of how we want the rest of the players to play like.. His attitude is the benchmark that should be set...

I would be devasted if we were to loose Kos.. As once again we would trade a player about to enter his prime to prosper at another club... And he will prosper.. See Hall, Lockett etc.. Key forwards in recent years are players we should know are invaluable...

So lay off Kosi, and stop expecting the world from him.. He is pulling his weight and giving his all... A hell of a lot more than those playing around him, and supporting our club are...
Finally a post that makes sense., we need him more than ever..

Saintschampions08
Club Player

Overrated.

Hasn't done a thing for a number of years now.

Whether that is because he hasn't played in the same position, he's lacking confidence etc; it doesn't change anything.

Also, he played well against Brisbane...no where near outstanding though.

quidnunc
Club Player

I think most would agree that our team is not travelling well and most would agree that an injection of the right type of player (inside/out player and key back) are needed.

They don't come waltzing in your door for nothing, hard decisions are necessary - some players are going to have to go to get choices - and they'll be someone's favourite player and the outcry will be all over this forum.

At the moment my observations (from TV only I'm afraid) are that generally:

- we can't lay a tackle that sticks;
- we are not very good at the set shot for goal; and
- we are an even worse shot for goal (other than Milne) when having a
snap shot.

We need to address these problems and other than practice at training the other fix will be to trade and names will disappear.

In all the threads that talk about trade bait, I think to myself, NO we can't lose hime. The players you wouldn't mind losing however, are not mentioned because they're not worth what we want to buy.

We need to support the team and not the player, and hope like hell that those in control make the right decisions on who they trade and who they recruit, both on and off the field.

Was there on the outer wing as a youngster flying the flag in '66 - still loyal, still passionate!
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I think it would be crazy to trade Kosi. We would be crazy to even entertain trading Ball, Dal or Rooey either IMHO.

Kosi has not fully lived up to his potential that much is true but I belive he is a highly improtant player to our side. We should be looking to cull the less than steller players on our list. If I was in charge R. Clarke, Fiora, Birss, Rix, Gwilt and Blake would be first on the chopping block.

We should under no circumstances trade our top class players for worthless duds, draft picks that will take 2 years to turn into an AFL standard player and a further 2 to make an impact or worse, de-list them and get nothing for them only to see them kill us when they get picked up by a new club.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Jeez we're going to get some rippin trades for the likes of Fiora,Clarke,Mini,*insert another 12 no hopers names here*! Do you think any club is going to give us anything for that?! Of course they won't. So we should just hang onto everything we have,continue to take the soft approach and let us rebuild the typical Stkilda way. By hitting rockbottom for another 5 years and getting all the good draft picks ,will be more years of pain but jeesh it will all be worth in once all these 'potential stars' finally blossom after 10 years!

I like Kosi as a player and as a bloke. I don't even like typing his name as a possible trade bait. But one day this club will get some Balls and make some tough decisions that will benifit the clubs prospects at a flag(god forbid!)

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

And another thing,we won't be trading them for worthless duds! We don't want to be offloading them for the sake of it,that would be stupid. However if a trade could be done that would be a BETTER outcome for the STK.F.C then we do it. If we are offered players that won't make us better or only make us worse than of course we shouldn't trade these guys. But we have to do something,because incase you haven't noticed the outlook is starting to look pretty bleak with the two new teams to come in taking all the high draft picks.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

its all to do with worth
Kosi is a good player with a big Rep for being a great player (although only having one purple patch soo long ago i can barely remember it) .
if you offer up crap for trade you get crap in return if its draft picks we are chasing (and i think thats the best option) then we goota give up quallity to get the good picks no one will give you a first round pick for Rix :roll:

i love watching Kosi in full flight and would be sad to see him go but the truth is hard decisions need to be made and sometimes it takes some pain to get the gain

players who are Named players will always have more value in the trading market and without the name judd on the market this year names like Gram or kosi will be touted as the BIG name trades

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
supersaints
Club Player

Not many coaches are stupid enough to trade their best and key position players, then again that was before R.L. who knows with him ??

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:its all to do with worth
Kosi is a good player with a big Rep for being a great player (although only having one purple patch soo long ago i can barely remember it) .
And just my luck- I was in Japan at the time and missed that whole purple patch he had in 05.

I agree that its useless calling for guys like gwilt etc to be traded- who's gonna want them?
And i think we used up all our luck with C. Ackland (cheers carlton)

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Broodruff
Club Player

How many times I've heard "we need to stop trading and getting talentless hacks, recycled players" I don't know...

What are you people calling out for Kosi to be trading expecting in return? Buddy? Judd?

I think not, we'll probably get a player who, a few games in, everyone will be calling for them to be delisted, and oh how stupid the coaches were for bringing in another recycled player.

Draft picks? We use them ok, but unless we get a change in the way they are used, the draft picks will be usless until 5 years time.
Look at all our recent draft picks, from the last couple of years... how many of them are playing in our side at the moment?

You dont trade your big name players, (unless they will just jump ship on you) You trade your mid-range players.

Some may argue that Kosi has only been a mid-range player, but it would damn near kill me to see him traded, get a full season under his belt, get a few solid games together, get some confidence and start killing the comp, or even be an even contributer week to week.

And the last point:
The man has gone through hell with injuries, he deserves his chances, he deserves time to sort him out. We give the likes of Goddard and Hayes a year to recover from their knees. What about a fractured skull (?, what ever head injury it was) and all the other crap Kosi has had piled on him

Give the bloke a bit more time, and if then, he's still not living up to his potential, I'll be more than happy to eat my words and admit I was wrong.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

A team is built through youth around pilars in the group such as Kosi, Roo and Harvs... Look at the cats last year, how many recylced players were in their premiership team...3??.. The Hawks this year...2/3??..

We have the foundation already in place... All we need is imporvement in our no.16-22 in our team and we'll be back right up there... These players have to be ones that are paying for the team, not for thier paychecks..

In saying that, I'd get rid of King, Dempster, Fiora and maybe even Schnider and play BigMac, Armo, Ferg etc ahead of them... They are the future, and its players like Kosi that show them the way...

Agree Broodruff, mid-range players are the ones on the trade-table, and kosi certainly is above mid-range..

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:and kosi certainly is above mid-range..
Can I ask why?

Sure he's courageous and a very strong mark, but also very one dimensional and a terrible set shot.
His best year was his rookie year- that's a real worry.

I know how Dal feels.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:It is seriously time some of the posters on here gave themselves a solid slap in the face, so they can wake up and smell the roses when it comes to Kosi...

What a bunch of utter crap... Kosi is a hugely important part of the success of our side, .........
What success????? Do you call reaching the preliminary twice in 2004 /05 a success?
Koschitzke is a GOP. I could equally say to you Sobraz that it's time some posters on here took of their Kosi coloured glasses and assessed what he's actually delivered as a #2 draft pick taken in the same year as Roo. Very bloody little.
I'd consider trading him, but only if it were a really good value trade. He's by no means a dud, but he's also not the talisman of the club that you paint him as. Yep, he's genuine. Yes, he's a good bloke. So what.
He said himself at the beginning of 2007, nearly 1.5 seasons ago, that it was time for him to stand up and deliver for the Saints. Time for him to make a statement. What's he done since then? A few glimpses, that's about it. A GOP. He's touted as one of the best contested marks in the competition, but he's not taking them. He doesn't offer enough around the ground to be an Adam Goodes style player, is an average ruckman at best, is slow at ground level and has poor spacial awareness.
Definitely not to be discarded without due diligence and for a worthy return, but not the untouchable that some on here consider him to be.

Richter
SS Life Member

Crikey, the G-train will not be coming back. WHy would we p*** off one of our two remaining key forward options?

That would really be madness.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

Richter wrote:Crikey, the G-train will not be coming back. WHy would we p*** off one of our two remaining key forward options?
ummm.....to get a better one.

I know how Dal feels.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

duckduckduckgoose wrote:
Richter wrote:Crikey, the G-train will not be coming back. WHy would we p*** off one of our two remaining key forward options?
haha... like who... make me a list...

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:AWe have the foundation already in place.
i agree. don't f**k with the foundations

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:
duckduckduckgoose wrote:
haha... like who... make me a list...
my dog just did a nice steaming pile on the front lawn...

So I kicked a footy at it and sure enough, it stuck.

I'll let you know how it goes when it lines up for goal.... I could be onto something.

I know how Dal feels.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

my dog just did a nice steaming pile on the front lawn...

So I kicked a footy at it and sure enough, it stuck.

I'll let you know how it goes when it lines up for goal.... I could be onto something.
So you're now comparing Kosi to a pile of dog crap.
Please go and barrack for another club
You are a f##king joke.