Do you agree our core/backbone players are a problem?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Do you agree our core/backbone players are a problem?

I will list the supposed core as Dal Santo/Ball/X.Clarke/Riewoldt/Kosi/Hayes/Goddard.

I believe that list of players has unfortunately rocketed us to flag favourites year after year after year. Those are the players that keep getting us the greatly coveted "best list on paper" award. These players are all supposed to be in the absolute prime of their careers. Young, energetic, ferocious, etc etc.

They should be at their zenith, the peak of their lives. Herculian physiques and Marathonian endurance!!

But they aren't. Nothing. Nada. Zip. They become old men in a few years , washed up ragged sacks of bone and flesh that will fade into the sands of time.

Too many journalists and stkilda fans have thrown down epic tonnes of expectation on that godly septuplet. Those guys only had to turn up together and they were unstoppable. Twas all fiction and imagination!! More misery for you to soak in until we play the deeeeees.

I have no idea. Discuss.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

I s'pose they've all at least levelled out, if not gone backwards since the messiah tag was thrust upon them (perhaps with the exception of Roo and Lenny, although they have become less influential)

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

discuss. You are a d1ckhead!!!! Where would we have been this year without Hayes, Ball, Dall and Roo. And the reason these guys are limping around????? ITS BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN THROWING THEMSELVES INTO EVERY FRIGGING CONTEST WITHOUT FEAR FOR THEIR OWN BODIES. Whilst the rest of the hacks hang off their coat tails.

FFS Get a clue