I wish Roo was as good a kick for goal as Buddy....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i wonder how has got to do with our new forward coach barker teaching our forwards all to play >< since he came we all play just like him, badly :lol:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Hard at it
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Anyone watching today.

Yep....didn't think so.

BTW that 'shank' (which according to dud rarely happens) happens EVERY week by Roo.

Gee I hope he turns it around, because its these types of topics I don't like being right about.

Lennon - want some facts? Foxtel mate, get a subscription.

Dud - Listening to this game as well? Like your sub par opinion of Fevs kicking based on the wireless? Awesome.
The DUD is exactly that, he has no idea. Anyone that thinks Riewoldt is a good kick for goal is kidding themselves. He rarely has a shot from further than 40m out, so his percentages should be better than most.

Boppa
Club Player

The_Dud wrote:i listened to the second half of the Carlton-Freo game today, and in that time FEV failed to score twice from shots at goal, and on another occasion just managed to squeeze it in for a point. Also PAV kicked one out on the full, and also hit the post from 25m out, directly in front, with the game on the line in the last quarter when Freo were down by 2 points

MY POINT is Spinner, EVERY forward kicks out on the full, fails to score from set shots, and misses sitters

For some reason you only think Roo does this

Again, Roo is just as good a kick as every other key forward, and better than most

also, read the article yet (i'll post the link for you again :) )

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html
Saying that Rooey is as good a kick for goal than Fev, Pavlich etc is laughable. Compare Riewoldts kicking with a guy like Richo then you will be getting close to the mark

Like it or not Boppa speaks the truth
mick13
Club Player

If Roo ends up with 700+ goals at the end of his career, I'd be....very happy.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

no doubt ross lyon and barker are working to improve Riewoldt to be every bit as good a kick as lyon and barker were themselves :roll:

SHUT UP KRIME!
Boppa
Club Player

That shot Riewoldt just had from 48m pretty much sums up how ridiculous those percentages are. Doesn't make the distance so therefore not included as a missed shot on goal. His kicking is terrible

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

In defence of Rooy. His leg is obvoiusly no good and it is a great effort to even get out there.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:In defence of Rooy. His leg is obvoiusly no good and it is a great effort to even get out there.
so you are saying the coach is putting out players who are injured on the football field.

what kind of coach would do that :roll:

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
plugger66 wrote:In defence of Rooy. His leg is obvoiusly no good and it is a great effort to even get out there.
so you are saying the coach is putting out players who are injured on the football field.

what kind of coach would do that :roll:
Every coach would play guys that arent 100% fit. He is fit enough to run around but has no distance in his kicking.

Lennon
Club Player

Yet instead of acknowledging that, we have clowns starting threads blaming the entire team's performance on Riewoldt.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Lennon wrote:
Yet instead of acknowledging that, we have clowns starting threads blaming the entire team's performance on Riewoldt.
Who's starting those threads?

My thread was an articulation of the ball not getting to Roo or Kos effectively and RL being somewhat fearful of moving one of them into defence.

If so, I can't be held responsible if someone like yourself struggles to have the mental capacity to not confuse one thread from another. Here I rate Riewoldt's goal kicking, but by no means did it have a result on this match.

I suggest you try an add something when you post, instead of posting the same dribble time and time again.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

so let me get this straight

i'm not allowed to point out that Fev failed to score twice having set shots

i'm not allowed to point out that Pav missed from 25 out directly infront

i'm not allowed to point out that RIcho missed from 15m out

i'm not allowed to point out that Roughhead missed from 20m out directly infront

i'm not allowed to point out that Buddy is 3.9 from 31-40m out this season, and 1.4 from 30-40m out directly in front

but we are allowed to point it out when Roo misses one....

EVERY player misses, EVERY player shanks one every now and then, EVERY player fails to score sometimes

Roo is on par with every other Forward in the comp

its clear some of you guys have it in for him

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

no dud, its just that when we have champagne the idiots are looking at the $2 sparkling wine the folks on the other table have.

if the players have given up, how much of that has to do with the coach's ability to inspire.

frankly I can't think of a single player who played like they would take a bullet for Ross Lyon, sheedy, pagan, mark williams, Paul ROos, lethal and yes even gt got that from their players.

I wonder how many players actually really connected with Ross Lyon?

you only have to see Richmond, Footscray amongst others with their never say die attitude. footscray came from no where to beat us.

a couple of years ago, it was us coming from nowhere to win.

now we just lay down.

Frankly with the exception of b4E who is inspired by RL, who would step in front of a bus for RL?

SHUT UP KRIME!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:so let me get this straight

i'm not allowed to point out that Roughhead missed from 20m out directly infront

i'm not allowed to point out that Buddy is 3.9 from 31-40m out this season, and 1.4 from 30-40m out directly in front

EVERY player misses, EVERY player shanks one every now and then, EVERY player fails to score sometimes

Yep....they all have the same kicking skills.

Maybe they should all get paid the same too.

Watch the game. Watch them kick....Dont even bother trying to analysis anyones performance and dumping it on here if its going to be on radio.

That seriously is the missing link in 6 pages of dribble. You dont actually watch players kick the ball. You listen to the radio. And look up match stats that tell you less than a quarter of the picture.

This really is past the point of laughable.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Watch the game. Watch them kick....Dont even bother trying to analysis anyones performance and dumping it on here if its going to be on radio.

That seriously is the missing link in 6 pages of dribble. You dont actually watch players kick the ball. You listen to the radio. And look up match stats that tell you less than a quarter of the picture.

what are you talking about?

so Pav didn't miss from 25 meters out straight in front, because i heard it on the radio...?

Fev didn't fail to score from 2 set shots, becasue i heard it on the radio.....?

i did see Roughead miss form 20m out on the TV, so can i count that one...?

talking about kicking techniques, i just saw a good one;

hold the ball on a 30 degree angle, run towards the left goal post and kick the ball across your body. How would you rate that?

its clear now, u obviously have it in for the captain of our club, and you would rather use selective memory and opinions to back yourself up rather than facts and evidence....... oh, and the truth :roll:

Boppa
Club Player

The_Dud wrote:
Spinner wrote:

so Pav didn't miss from 25 meters out straight in front, because i heard it on the radio...?

Fev didn't fail to score from 2 set shots, becasue i heard it on the radio.....?

hold the ball on a 30 degree angle, run towards the left goal post and kick the ball across your body. How would you rate that?

its clear now, u obviously have it in for the captain of our club, and you would rather use selective memory and opinions to back yourself up rather than facts and evidence....... oh, and the truth :roll:
I dont think anyone has it in for Riewoldt, he is a brilliant player he is just not a good kick for goal. Pavlich and Fev are miles ahead of him when it comes to goalkicking, surely you would agree with that

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
Spinner wrote:

SO your basing your argument on other forwards missing shots?

Its about playing the percentages. Did you watch Brown or Bradshaw today? Maybe radio. But anyways....They kicked goals from positions Riewoldt wouldn't even try an attempt from.

Im over arguing this point. Its really ironic because of your username and avatar, and then insist that I have it in for our Captain. To be frank, its quite a reversal. You actually can't have anything against him, blinded and naive. Yet feel righteous about displaying who you think the weekly dud of the week is.

....and you suggest that I have it in for a player. Laughable.

This really isn't about Franklin...This is solely about Riewoldt inability to kick at goal, and win games off his boot. But for some strange reason, he seems to be a protected species of yours, ironic considering your ever changing avatar.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

hes in no way protected, i just can't stand supporters blindly stating he is a bad kick for goal, and that other players, such as Buddy, Fev and Pav are miles ahead of him

thats why i was highlighting instances where those players had missed, because you seem to only believe that Roo does this

MY POINT is, Roo is on average with all other Forwards, no better, no worse

some people consider a longer kick to mean a better kick, which would intern make Rocca the best kick of all time, which i all think we can agree is not so

with Roo knee problems before the season, and knee problem he copped against the Tigers 3 weeks ago, i wouldn't be expecting him to be at his optimum for goal kicking

statements like "Riewodlt is a disgusting kick. Period." are what really annoy me

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt was kicking goals 2 years ago.

SHUT UP KRIME!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

did we see Brad Johnson today?

uh-oh

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:MY POINT is, Roo is on average with all other Forwards, no better, no worse
Riewoldt's kicking is average.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Hmmmm.

Interesting thread this!!!!

Funny how I don't have to even elaborate to get my point across!!!!!

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Was wondering how long it would take u to get here spinner :wink:

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

5 Goal Assists from a key forward. Not even worth comparing the role played by Reiwoldt today with the role Franklin plays. That said, had he kicked straight at goal, he would have played game of the round.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:5 Goal Assists from a key forward. Not even worth comparing the role played by Reiwoldt today with the role Franklin plays. That said, had he kicked straight at goal, he would have played game of the round.
I love how we work our arses off to get it to Riewoldt inside 50.....The he just passes it off anyway.

Lets cut out the middle man, not look for Riewodlt, and just kick it to the roaming midfielder in the first place.

Also noticed Franklin kicked 5 straight.....didn't watch the game though....Am I allowed to make the same game analysis opinions about his performance from reading the paper like so many others do on here????