Armo Out?!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LennyBoy
Club Player

Armo Out?!!!!

How could the club justify the dropping of David Armitage other than the fact he was medically unfit from the game last weekend.

What direction is this club actually going in - Fizz, Leigh Fisher, Blake, all proven under performers on big occasions. Surely there has to be more than this to the story....

FFS give the kid game time, and reap the future benefits. Its not just about the short term; Ross Lyon and his selection committee must realize it is about the future playing stock at the club, and at present this doesn't clubs future doesn't look all that bright under the direction of Ross and colleagues.

10-15 Games experience minimum under the belt over a 2-3 year player is a must. Look at how Neil Craig injected youth in Adelaide's side with names such as Knights, Reilly, Van Berlo, Griffin etc – and where they are at now. It’s important that kids are given every opportunity at an early age, and match hardened experience is a must to prove themselves.

Armitage has met every challenge asked of him to date this season. His aggressive, works hard to retain the ball and sets a good example to other midfielders with his work rate. He can feel very unlucky, and probably deserves every right to refuse to play for Casey this weekend.

Who knows in 2 years? 12 months, 3 months ... will Armo be with the club or will he be joining the Gold Coast franchise or purely opting to surf cause St Kilda doesn't give him the opportunities he deserves. Only time will tell!

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

It now appears that aph and Xavier are going to Darwin because their father is ill. Probably why Raph was omitted. Maybe something similar with Armo?

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Why would Armo go to Darwin?

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Why would Armo go to Darwin?
He is from Mackay in Qld...so no.

Also Raph's name was not in the Casey team,....Armo's was.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
NoMore
Club Player

I can't understand this at all.

As far as i can see Armo and Jordan Lewis are extremely similar players. The only difference being one of their coaches backs them to the hilt. Maybe ross could learn something from how alistair handles his young players.

Plus Armo is a ripping bloke from the few chats i've had with him. I imagine he will be confused by what is going on with him. May be time for him to look elsewhere.

Good Luck Armo

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:I can't understand this at all.

As far as i can see Armo and Jordan Lewis are extremely similar players. The only difference being one of their coaches backs them to the hilt. Maybe ross could learn something from how alistair handles his young players.

Plus Armo is a ripping bloke from the few chats i've had with him. I imagine he will be confused by what is going on with him. May be time for him to look elsewhere.

Good Luck Armo
he wasnt too flash after the big knock last week...

he just signed a new deal...yes he is going elsewhere...moron

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
NoMore
Club Player

he is a footballer

they get big knocks

if he can play with Casey he can play with us

He is clearly in our best 22

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:he is a footballer

they get big knocks

if he can play with Casey he can play with us

He is clearly in our best 22
difference between named and actually playing

so what if he is a footballer???dur.....and so what if they get big knocks???it doesnt mean they wont be affected by them

do you come to work when you get knocked in the head???no???maybe???

NoMore
Club Player

i tell u what if he is injured i will take it all back

But if he goes out and plays a full game with casey then it looks like it is not me who is the moron

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:i tell u what if he is injured i will take it all back

But if he goes out and plays a full game with casey then it looks like it is not me who is the moron
even if he doesnt play a full game at casey its not the worst thing...

he hasnt got much of the ball in the past few weeks...this forum only remembers the two or three instances of him going in hard at it and kicking a gimme goal...that obviously equates to a big hard on over the boy although he didnt do much else for the game...

NoMore
Club Player

But the real question is how do young players get better

The answer play at the highest level

Not in that mickey mouse reserves comp the call the VFL

I would love to see a time on ground stat for him

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:But the real question is how do young players get better

he has played a handful of games...he is still getting bigger and better

just because he is playing and he shows promise doesnt mean he is entitled to play 100 mins like the other mids...he doesnt deserve it...the players that do do so because they have earnt the right through skill, stamina and age

he is getting there but F*** me...do you really expect a 19 year old to play 4 solid quarters of footy getting at least 25 touches and a few goals?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:But the real question is how do young players get better

I think you may have answered right there why he isnt playing. Not enough game time so he is going back to get close to 100% game time.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

you make some valid points Re: Armo Nomore, but to call the VFL a mickey mouse comp indicates to me that you are blind.

very competitive, and of a high standard imo

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
NoMore
Club Player

tell me besides ball, hayes, harvey, dal santo and maybe montagna (although on this year even that is debatable) who else has earn't that right.

Maybe Birss, Jones, L Fisher, Blake. What a laugh

Those 4 can't get 10 kicks between them and if they do they usually give the ball straight back

Young players are the way forward

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I imagine he will be confused by what is going on with him. May be time for him to look elsewhere.
Maybe time for him to look in the mirror and ask himself exactly what it is he wants from his AFL career. I'm in no doubt Ross would not have left him confused, he will know exactly where he stands.

Lone Tiger!

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
NoMore wrote:i tell u what if he is injured i will take it all back

even if he doesnt play a full game at casey its not the worst thing...

he hasnt got much of the ball in the past few weeks...this forum only remembers the two or three instances of him going in hard at it and kicking a gimme goal...that obviously equates to a big hard on over the boy although he didnt do much else for the game...
Hard to get much more of the ball or expect much more from the kid when he only gets about 50-60% game time. :?

Do you expect better value from Fizzer?

Saintschampions08
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:It now appears that aph and Xavier are going to Darwin because their father is ill. Probably why Raph was omitted. Maybe something similar with Armo?
I would hope he was omitted because of his form.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Has anyone thought that maybe Armo has not adhered to the game plan as directed by the coach.

They don't get dropped for nothing.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Arm being dropped is a disgrace... If their is an injury around, fair enough, but at this stage it looks like he is being sent back to the 2's for a run around...

IMO we should be doing the opposite with Arm, i that giving him more tog and responsibility.. Instead Ross shirks it again and guys with the tried and failed Fiora, and the VFL gun Jones... Disgrace..

I have tried to see through Ross's failings to date and thought in the back of my mind that he can coach and will come good.. Clearly the guy is a moron who plays favourites... If anyone can tell me what schineder did better than armo last week i'll eat my hat...

This is the most disgraceful selection since Barry Brookes was dropped for the first final against Melb after staring against Bris in rnd22 2006... IMO that selection lost us the final, as might this one...

congorozides
Club Player

Good Luck Armo
i agree im really peeved they would drop armo. i just cant understand it at all. if anything we need to be blooding youngsters a hell of a lot more. look what leigh matthews did in brisbane 2 years ago. you just play kids every week and find out who can play and who cant.

whats the point persistng with guys we already know wont win us a premiership? its craziness!

ross lyon needs to shrug off his conservatism. be bold! take risks. coach like you dont care if u lose your job son! dont pick teams based on fear and trying to win gmaes. pick teams looking forward and show some guts!

p.s
love armo but dont think he as tough as jordy lewis.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah i dont understand it either.
if he's named in the magoos then i think it stinks he isnt getting a game in the seniors.....who cares what he hasnt done for a few quarters.

if he is the future then he needs to have senior game time every week, otherwise how the F*** can u become the future player and leader?

get the kid in there, let him get the footy and do his thing, if he has average days so be it, it happens.

cant believe this isnt the thinking of some of the selection panel.
friggin douchebags :?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I said last week it was complexing that Armo wasn't given more game time and now he is dropped. It seemed every time in the recent weeks when he did some well for 5 mins he was dragged for 15 mins didn't make sence to me and now being dropped really has me perplexed maybe a off-field issue?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:I said last week it was complexing that Armo wasn't given more game time and now he is dropped. It seemed every time in the recent weeks when he did some well for 5 mins he was dragged for 15 mins didn't make sence to me and now being dropped really has me perplexed maybe a off-field issue?
Me thinks you are closer to the mark than any of the others ausfatcat.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

been out on the slops huh?

:(
fastest way out of a club