Here, here --- I agree with this email

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Prodgers wrote:This is half the reason i left the reserved seat area, while they were awesome seats i couldnt stand the people around me as they would ways complain, bag players and never SUPPORT the side except when they were up by 8 goals... and then would still complain if we won by only 7 goals and not 9 :roll: However we still get people complaining and bagging players in the social club but i dont sit next to the same people every week :wink:
I'd have to say that the reserved seat area has been doin my head in a little bit this year.....the bagging of players is terrible.....

We have a family of 3 sitting behind us;

Husband, Wife & Daughter.

When our boys are in a bit of trouble and have no OBVIOUS kicking targets and try to handball their way out of it, all they cream is;

"KICK IT.....KICK IT.....KICK IT....."

And then the young girls voice screeches as she gets louder.....they haven't got a clue about football at all.

Even when we (i don't wana say it cause i hate it when we do but anyways) flood and we get a turnover and theres no options up forward they STILL scream kick it!!!

But their paid up members so it's their right I guess.....I'll just invest in some ear plugs.

:wink:

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:We have a family of 3 sitting behind us;

When our boys are in a bit of trouble and have no OBVIOUS kicking targets and try to handball their way out of it, all they cream is;

And then the young girls voice screeches as she gets louder.....they haven't got a clue about football at all.
Isn't that the beauty of football? You don't have to be an expert to enjoy it.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

what I find annoying are the ones that sit there every game and just bitch and moan about certain players.... and are never happy unless we are in front by 10 goals.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Otiman wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:We have a family of 3 sitting behind us;

Isn't that the beauty of football? You don't have to be an expert to enjoy it.
Same goes with sex.....you don't have to be an expert to enjoy it :wink:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Prodgers wrote:I have taken an opposition supporter into the reserved seating area when i had seats in there about 6 years ago and my mate didnt clap, cheer or anything and he was just poking fun at me as saints were now about 8 goals down (oh the glory days) and this woman behind us starting telling me to get out and she was 'disgusted' as i let him in the area and was going to write a letter to the club... good on her, i can take whoever i want to the footy i mean after all they were MY seats and he wasnt even wearing ANY team gear. If he was cheering and clapping and annoying everyone then fine, rack off idiot - but there was nothing.

This is half the reason i left the reserved seat area, while they were awesome seats i couldnt stand the people around me as they would ways complain, bag players and never SUPPORT the side except when they were up by 8 goals... and then would still complain if we won by only 7 goals and not 9 :roll: However we still get people complaining and bagging players in the social club but i dont sit next to the same people every week :wink:

The other problem which i came across sitting next to an essendon supporter in the social club - what if that person is actually a member of the club as this woman claimed to be? (she was with her mother who was a saints supporter) Is there anything that says you have to be a St Kilda follower to be a member? Interesting...

What a stupid bitch.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote: "KICK IT.....KICK IT.....KICK IT....."

When of course the correct implementation of our gameplan would be

"KICK IT SIDEWAYS.....KICK IT BACKWARDS.....KICK IT SIDEWAYS....."

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

cowboy18 wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote: "KICK IT.....KICK IT.....KICK IT....."

When of course the correct implementation of our gameplan would be

"KICK IT SIDEWAYS.....KICK IT BACKWARDS.....KICK IT SIDEWAYS....."
The sad thing is.....you are correct

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Overwhelmingly proud of the club in this instance.

Fantastic work - anything that makes our support better and our supporting experience better...I'm all for it.
The Saintsational Man wrote: We have a family of 3 sitting behind us;

Even when we (i don't wana say it cause i hate it when we do but anyways) flood and we get a turnover and theres no options up forward they STILL scream kick it!!!

But their paid up members so it's their right I guess.....I'll just invest in some ear plugs.

:wink:
Know exactly how you feel. There's a clown right behind my reserve seat (well, he's actually two rows back and about five across and all he yells, all game is "KICK IT...KICK THE BLOODY THING...KIIIIIIIICKKKKKK ITTTTTTT")

He is unbearable - this goes on for nearly a whole half until he starts to wear out.

However, he is a grown man wearing facepaint. I'm guessing there's more than a few cards missing from his deck.

I've taken to yelling out "handball, handball, handball it" everytime a player gets into trouble - handballs nearly always see you out of trouble, whereas a kick is suicide.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Halo Halo
Club Player

Overwhelmingly proud of the club in this instance?? If I pay money for extra seats I should & will continue to bring WHOEVER i like to sit in the seats..

Never once have I, or anybody sitting around us, had an issue with the people I, or again the the people near me, bring to the footy

I think in future I would prefer to buy a cheap a@se general membership & forget about the reserve seats.. Would save a stack (we have 5 seats on level 2) & then wouldnt care less how pathetically soft some of the supporters are.. When people go to the footy they have to realise if you give crap out you gotta expect it back & not sook and say you only wanna sit near other St Kilda supporters...

There are feral Sainst supporters just like any other team & I must admit I would rather sit next to my friends & family, regardles of what them they support rather than some arrogant, argumentive schmo who might happen to support St Kilda.. I sit in level two so I dont have to sit near some of the ferals that go to the football & some of my group do not turn up they should be able to lend out the ticket to whoever they like.. If they are a nuisance or whatever get them kicked out at that time not for the simple reason they may be wearing another teams jumper..

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Halo Halo wrote:Overwhelmingly proud of the club in this instance?? If I pay money for extra seats I should & will continue to bring WHOEVER i like to sit in the seats..

Never once have I, or anybody sitting around us, had an issue with the people I, or again the the people near me, bring to the footy

I think in future I would prefer to buy a cheap a@se general membership & forget about the reserve seats.. Would save a stack (we have 5 seats on level 2) & then wouldnt care less how pathetically soft some of the supporters are.. When people go to the footy they have to realise if you give crap out you gotta expect it back & not sook and say you only wanna sit near other St Kilda supporters...

There are feral Sainst supporters just like any other team & I must admit I would rather sit next to my friends & family, regardles of what them they support rather than some arrogant, argumentive schmo who might happen to support St Kilda.. I sit in level two so I dont have to sit near some of the ferals that go to the football & some of my group do not turn up they should be able to lend out the ticket to whoever they like.. If they are a nuisance or whatever get them kicked out at that time not for the simple reason they may be wearing another teams jumper..
Your this bloke aren't you;

"KICK IT...KICK THE BLOODY THING...KIIIIIIIICKKKKKK ITTTTTTT"

Halo Halo
Club Player

WTF?? No, Im not!!

bozza1980
Club Player

The Saintsational Man wrote:
We have a family of 3 sitting behind us;

What I love these are the same people who when the ball get's turned over from a rushed kick will screach...

"who are you kicking too??"

At the end of the day some people go to the footy to scream and vent and squeal, unfortunately at the end of the day their money is just as valuable as yours or mine.

Saints43
Club Player

Halo Halo wrote:Overwhelmingly proud of the club in this instance?? If I pay money for extra seats I should & will continue to bring WHOEVER i like to sit in the seats....
From the email:

AFL Rules & Regulations state that Club membership cards are non-transferable.

Not that I care generally. My brother brought a C*llingw**d supporter last week to his spare seat. He had the common sense to sit there and only talk to my brother or me. Treated it like he was a guest. Which he was.

Three Jika Jika Joffa type filth supporters behind us in someone's reserved seats and made pr!cks of themselves. But I don't think the seat owners were with them.

Halo Halo
Club Player

I understand what the AFL rules state & I would never give my reserved seat away cos I am at every game however if people cant go I cannot understand why you cant share them

At times I've heard plea's asking for fans to come & have sad if you cant come bring give your pass to mate..

But anyway - I re-read the email & it does say if a disturbance occurs etc the person will be asked to provide evidence that they are the 'owner' of the seat.. Thats finbe.. Im still gunna take friends with me cos we arent feral & never cause any trouble.. I dont care that they support another side. Its a game after-all.. I love it but im not gunna get in a fisty over a game!!

yipper
SS Life Member

Halo Halo wrote:I understand what the AFL rules state & I would never give my reserved seat away cos I am at every game however if people cant go I cannot understand why you cant share them

At times I've heard plea's asking for fans to come & have sad if you cant come bring give your pass to mate..

But anyway - I re-read the email & it does say if a disturbance occurs etc the person will be asked to provide evidence that they are the 'owner' of the seat.. Thats finbe.. Im still gunna take friends with me cos we arent feral & never cause any trouble.. I dont care that they support another side. Its a game after-all.. I love it but im not gunna get in a fisty over a game!!
Yes ok, but you've missed the point. It is the ferals who sit in this section and deliberately bait us by abusing us or our team. They are really hell bent on diisrupting our viewing of the game and, at worst, just cruising for a fight!! They are the ones that are getting complained about and they are ones that are most definately NOT welcome. I pay a fortune to sit there so that I don't get into any fights - and it shites me when I am confronted by the opposition idiot sitting in seats reserved by Saints fans getting in my face. Bring a quiet unassuming, non-toxic friend in - but leave the feral mainiacs out of our section.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
james rose
Club Player

Halo Halo wrote:How could anybody possibly agree with this rubbish..

I think this is pathetic.. We have five reserved seats & at times not all of us can go to the games so we do let other friends/family come with us.. Same with the people behind us & the people in front of us.. I for one am not going to go to a game & sit with four empty seats besides me because other people cant make it to the game..

Of course at times I have taken people that support the 'away' team nut nobody I have asked to come with me has ever caused trouble.. We all talk to the people around us & have a joke with anybopdy that supports the opposing team(s).. Never has there been voilence or anger by anybody bought by another reserved seat holder.. We sit next to a bay of seats that are not reserved which results in constantly experiencing supporters cheering the opposition, which isnt a bad thing (well most of the time)

If I was asked to remove my 'friends' because they didnt support Saint Kilda I would NOT renew my seats.. We spent over $4000 on our memberships, including social club memberships & 'gold' reserved..

What surprises me is that if St Kilda supporters have made an issue about other clubs supporters the Saints supporters seem to be able to 'give it but cant take it' or are either pathetically soft..

completely agree!

I have a family ticket plus 2 extra concession tickets... we buy this as we have every year for as long as i remember, my family are now in perth and every week I take my mates to the football with me! it only becomes an issue if the match is a sell out otherwise I can't believe that any of you would say no to having one extra person in the ground.

good for atmosphere
good for reputation
good for the bottom line!