We should longer support the St Kilda Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Craw
Club Player

We should longer support the St Kilda Saints

We should ask for a name change and support the St Kilda Excuses……

Because thats all we do…. Offer excuses rationalising our underperforming club.

Be it, coach, board, game plan, players, list management, injuries, umpires, ground, the AFL…always excuses.

Damned sick of it really. Payout my membership year after year. This year $700.To be dished up the same old crap and be let down time and time again by a club which its supporters can always find an excuse for not performing.

But with the St Kilda Excuses you will always win…..there is always an excuse.

Go excuses…..Go

Not Craw, CRAW!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: We should longer support the St Kilda Saints

The Craw wrote:We should ask for a name change and support the St Kilda Excuses……

Be it, coach, board, game plan, players, list management, injuries, umpires, ground, the AFL…always excuses.

Damned sick of it really. Payout my membership year after year. This year $700.To be dished up the same old crap and be let down time and time again by a club which its supporters can always find an excuse for not performing.

Go excuses…..Go
Excellent post.

The last few games.....PA and Collingwood and Rich (Even though some seem to forget the game method as soon as the result fell our way) have been interesting.....what has deflated me the most is our lack luster effort. No spark. No revival. No momentum.

Bar the first quarter of the Collingwood game. The game just continued along on the same path. Same when compared to the PA game. what was it, 20 points the difference at nearly all of the changes.....

...I walked away from the PA game wanting rather to lose by 100 points than by those game standards.

But on topic....For collingwood we did lose our best tagger, our captain, our midfield pace and a once decent centre half back.......Most leams would have lost with those outings. :lol:

Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

other teams, though, would have stepped up with those outs and made the most of their chances. we don't seize the opportunity when it comes. other teams kick 90% of their shots on goal. we don't we miss too many. how come our midfield can't kick goals? every other teams can. we have too many players in their comfort zones unprepared to step out of it and take risks and raise their performance. that is all.

Too lazy to update my username
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

question do you follow st kilda cause your heart bleeds Red Black and White ? or do you follow the club for its success ?
if its the latter i think you chose the wrong club ....

as a supporter what are your expectations of your team ?

i would love to see my team successful every year i would love to see us hold the cup that last day in september but my love for the club will still see me love my club while they are performing badly

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

dont get me wrong, i love st kilda like most people on here. but that doesn't mean we have to accept some of the crap that is dished up. pre-2003, i'd go to the footy and winning was a bonus, but now, with the talent we have, i go expecting nothing else than a win. but when the effort isn't there i get dissapointed as anyone should.

just because your heart beats red white and black, it doesn't mean you have to be satisfied with crap performances.

this club dishes out terrible performances more often than not

the reason we are not a top club is because we just accept the performances and as the first post says, make up excuses for our shithouseness.

Too lazy to update my username
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

A f----n men. The sooner we can stop living in denial and accept we have a REAL problem with this club instead of piss farting around trying to look at who the next coach , reject player coming back from injury or rooky kid that could be the next Tony Lockett to be the answer to our prayers the better.

I'm amazed how many people don't even want to go there . Your right i used to go every week in the early 80s to watch us get smashed by everyone all year round and enjoyed it more than now . We had a real good hard go but didn't have the ability but now its the other way around.

The way we're going in five years time we'll still be going on here saying the same things about different coaches and players we'll have then.
Last edited by Winmar7Fan on Wed 21 May 2008 11:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lennon
Club Player

The Craw wrote:We should ask for a name change and support the St Kilda Excuses……

Go excuses…..Go
Oh bugger off.

Meant in the nicest sense possible.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Lennon wrote:

Go excuses…..Go
Oh bugger off.

Meant in the nicest sense possible.
No we're real close