Mike Sheahan says switch the Kangas v Saints fixture.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

hilairehinshelwood
Club Player

Mike Sheahan says switch the Kangas v Saints fixture.

Mike sheahan on tonights on the couch show, is saying the game should now be played in Melbourne, and he is not the only Afl commentator saying this.

Lets face it hardly anyone will see the game up there, so why not allow 30-40,000 to see it, by playing it here. There are only 3 games in Melbourne that weekend, none at telstra dome, so i think the stadium is free, unless spawn are playing there. (If either of you 2 spawn fans see this, you can give us the answer)

Seems as if there is a bit of momentum to get this game switched, so how can we lobby the AFl to see sense to switch the game.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

U'd be filthy if u was a supporter with flights and accomodation already bookes.

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mike Sheahan says switch the Kangas v Saints fixture.

hilairehinshelwood wrote:Mike sheahan on tonights on the couch show, is saying the game should now be played in Melbourne, and he is not the only Afl commentator saying this.

Lets face it hardly anyone will see the game up there, so why not allow 30-40,000 to see it, by playing it here. There are only 3 games in Melbourne that weekend, none at telstra dome, so i think the stadium is free, unless spawn are playing there. (If either of you 2 spawn fans see this, you can give us the answer)

Seems as if there is a bit of momentum to get this game switched, so how can we lobby the AFl to see sense to switch the game.
I think you might get a fight about this. Our family has booked a holiday and we are going up for the game as it is school hols so most may want it moved but probably not us who have paid to go to the game.

hilairehinshelwood
Club Player

Mike sheahan is an "authority" on the game, and he mentioned that most of saturday's carrara crowd were travelling kangas and eagles fans. So i guess he already knows some people will travel thousands of km's to see 2 victorian teams. Despite this he said after saturdays fiasco the game should moved.
Afterall the kangas round 4 fixture was moved to Melbourne so why not their remaining gold coast games?
One thing is for sure the gold coastians wont turn up, so AFL whats the point?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Switch it back.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

I'm pretty sure with the saints playing they will get more than 6000 maybe the will get 8000 :lol:

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

hilairehinshelwood wrote:Mike sheahan is an "authority" on the game, and he mentioned that most of saturday's carrara crowd were travelling kangas and eagles fans. So i guess he already knows some people will travel thousands of km's to see 2 victorian teams. Despite this he said after saturdays fiasco the game should moved.
Afterall the kangas round 4 fixture was moved to Melbourne so why not their remaining gold coast games?
but i will

so keep it there...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
hilairehinshelwood wrote:Mike sheahan is an "authority" on the game, and he mentioned that most of saturday's carrara crowd were travelling kangas and eagles fans. So i guess he already knows some people will travel thousands of km's to see 2 victorian teams. Despite this he said after saturdays fiasco the game should moved.
but i will

so keep it there...
So u'd rather be selfish get to see the boys live where if they moved it to the dome we'd have a better chance of winning.

Remember we don't play well interstate.

1 of the happy days of my life was when i found out the saints would never come back down to Tassie to get thumped.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:
but i will

so keep it there...
So u'd rather be selfish get to see the boys live where if they moved it to the dome we'd have a better chance of winning.

1 of the happy days of my life was when i found out the saints would never come back down to Tassie to get thumped.
we will be fine palying up there

teams that arent top of the table are always classified as not playing well interstate

its overrated

battye
Saintsational Legend

but i will

so keep it there...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

battye wrote:
but i will

so keep it there...

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Why u rolling ur eyes simple fact we play well at the dome and playing at Aurora is hell on earth for the saints so it was a good day when they got out of that contract.

Surely playing at the dome would be better than at the Gold Coast?

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

if a team wins 80% of their home games and a few interstate slash same ground away games it equals a top 4...

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:if a team wins 80% of their home games and a few interstate slash same ground away games it equals a top 4...
Well i'd say it's a fact we really struggle to win away in the home and away seasons

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Keep it there. Neither of us have home ground advantage, and we aren't playing that well in Melbourne this year either.

Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

no, leave it as is, i just booked my bloody tickets

Too lazy to update my username
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

but i will

so keep it there...
I'm with you .Hanging out

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Isn't there a problem with the surface at carara?

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 8:33am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

NO chance of relocation unless the AFL wants to refund peoples flights from melbourne who have already booked to go up and see it.

It's a major blunder on the AFL's behalf regardless, changing it now would just make things worse.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Official word from Dementriou is that it isn't moving. However North Melbourne's contracted three games for next season have been dropped.

St.Walker
Club Player

SE QLD has a lot of SAINTS supporters and I know Roo & Gilbert (if fit) would love to play in front of family an friends.

Being a Gold Coast Saints Supporter I cant wait to get there and see the boys.

With the back lash against North it will be a Saints home game looking at the predicted crowd numbers.

If any interstate travelers need tips on travel, accommodation, local insight feel free to hit me up...I hope to have a beer and celebrate a win with you all.

PS- Go Saints smash the lions