imports 'n' robots

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St.Kenny
Club Player

imports 'n' robots

Is it me or have we just become a team of players who are just prolonging their careers from other clubs and/or players who just follow the arrows on RL's whiteboard? Are we tactically efficient but spiritually and emotionally detached ? Where is the customary hardness that a former coach [who shall remain nameless] imbued upon his team. Call me old fashioned but I really miss the playing from the heart..... especially against the 'filth' for which we seemed to pin our whole year.
Lets just see the year through , hey ????

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

wake me up when september ends

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Saintlyone
Club Player

Couldnt agree more. Were a team just doin the rounds lead by a coaching team with more medals than the local rsl on Anzac Day but no real passion fo our once 'competitive' club. Roll on 2009 !!

battye
Saintsational Legend

I'd say the reason behind this is that our coach doesn't bleed red, white and black like certain former coaches have...

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i agree in part the former (nameless soul) was passionate but that also was the down fall i remember selection wasnt based on form but more on heart leading to players being picked for Big games with big ? on their fitness/form.
honestly do you need the coach of the club to deep down love the club to be successful ? or is a healthy respect of the club enuff to get the job done ? i can think of a few coaches who i could fairly safely say bleed their clubs colours all the way to the core

Johny "honest" Worsfold
Paul Roos
Dean Laidley

the rest may feel a strong attachment to their clubs like

Leigh Mathews
Mark Thompson
Mark Williams
Neil Craig

the rest i thnk dont really have the "LOVE" for the club more a respect

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
bergsone
SS Life Member

Have any of the coaching list have a past attachment to the saints?And yes our list has a recycled look about it.how many on the list have we recyled ,and got really good value from.

St.Kenny
Club Player

We've got more recycles in this team than an annual garage sale. Lets look to the future and bring on the youth brigade.
We're treadin water with a lot of these guys lets face it.
Which of RL's pick ups have given the best value by the way ?

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
saintsrokk
Club Player

?Which of RL's pick ups have given the best value by the way ?"

I would say Michael Gardiner is probably the pick of them at this time.
I agree, enough players from other clubs. C oncentrate on the young at the next draft/trade season.
________
Infant care forums
Last edited by saintsrokk on Fri 18 Feb 2011 9:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

barneyboyz
Club Player

saintsrokk wrote:?Which of RL's pick ups have given the best value by the way ?"

I agree, enough players from other clubs. C oncentrate on the young at the next draft/trade season.
And I ask you all one other question; what exactly did these recycled players cost us? most have had some injury issues lately but are, I would think capable of playing plenty of footy for us.

With the exception of both Gardi & King (who are older but are just what we required when you remember that we are supposedly doing this year for Harv's), most of these blokes are NOT just here to prolong their careers, they will bleed for the club if we give them the chance

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
Buckets
SS Life Member

Would love to know why we dont have that 'heart' when we play these days. The one thing that seems to be sorely missing from this team at the moment is the fact that they don't seem to play for one another, there is a lack of protecting the ball carrier and a serious lack of wanting to take risks.
Something has to give surely? Do we need to get motivational speakers in? Did the club do the same process that the doggies did early this year? If not then get them in NOW!!!!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
starsign
Club Player

Didn't we get him B4 the start of last season?

Snakeman66
Club Player

starsign wrote:

Didn't we get him B4 the start of last season?
Lyon was installed as coach during trade week and was part of his selection.

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
Saintlyone
Club Player

Fair point. I seriously cant think of any player brought to this 'ready made' team that has brought anything of 'serious' value. Someone mentioned 'Gardener'........... but tell me when was the last game he dominated in ? And whilst on ruckman...are we the 'ruckmans reject' shop or what ? Have we really changed direction here since Capuano was given the golden slipper ???
Its alright to say they are paid penuts but we all know the ol saying. If you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Thought we'd moved off the save money philosophy this year !