Why am I so out of sync with the rest of you people???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Why am I so out of sync with the rest of you people???

I honestly can't believe what I'm reading on here....

IMHO..... our performance this week was significantly better than anything we have seen for a few weeks now....

Midfield was very switched on.... Collingwood were kicking goals from anywhere (which I think was the main determining reason why they won).... Huge positives from Ball.... Armo continues to develop.....

I actually think we are on the cusp of stringing a few together (starting in Brisbane).... and still finishing in the 3-6 ladder position range after Round 22.

Collingwood played their best footy for the season, after a massive bake from Coach Grumpy...... we had some absolutely key personnel out, and still only went down by a kick.

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Two kicks.

But thats besides the point.

You're right, our game was significantly better than it has been, especially in terms of midfield goals.

Most of all, I was unhappy with our defensive work, namely manning up and being accountable for your opponent. We were shocking at that.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

You are not alone :)

and even my 13yr old neice can see No value in the derision that comes for the players from the -""supporters" and "members"- sitting around us each week :roll:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Yep, your our of sync, I have had not ONE single moment of joy in 8 rounds this year. This " team" is chock full of talent and playing like millionaires. What is the problem? Who the hell knows. But I for one, am getting damn sick of this crap, and its getting so hard to get off my arse and go each week knowing exactly what Im going to get. Shithouse school boy skills, with little heart or effort outside a handful of players.

IMO, no one has any business trying to give this team ANY sort of praise of the last 8 weeks of "performances" :twisted:

Not ONE SINGLE frickin mkiserable 4 quarter effort . Not ONE!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why am I so out of sync with the rest of you people???

Seaford_Saint wrote:I honestly can't believe what I'm reading on here....

IMHO..... our performance this week was significantly better than anything we have seen for a few weeks now....

Midfield was very switched on.... Collingwood were kicking goals from anywhere (which I think was the main determining reason why they won).... Huge positives from Ball.... Armo continues to develop.....

I actually think we are on the cusp of stringing a few together (starting in Brisbane).... and still finishing in the 3-6 ladder position range after Round 22.

Collingwood played their best footy for the season, after a massive bake from Coach Grumpy...... we had some absolutely key personnel out, and still only went down by a kick.
I am with you.....

If we had passed more accurately and not missed some easy shots on goal...we would have won.

The "String Lyon Up" crowd would have you believe that RL's game plan made Lenny miss a sitter from 30m out....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Come on guys, do you seriously think he is a good coach, I mean, really ???

I think he has more than adequately shown he isnt up to it. Its not like he hasnt got any talent to work with, and he cant make the talent work. Goneski for mine sometime in 09.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I reckon it's because for some people, it's not really a big deal to see the Saints win or lose - we should support them either way, and it's disloyal to have a go at players, even if it's clear they're not up to standard.

Then you've got another crowd who see things unfold and understand that premiership success won't be attained by our team's unskilled and predictable approach.

I guess some people really want success and are beginning to see extremely concerning patterns emerging, whereas as others are a little bit more passive, and completely trusting in those in charge to deliver results, even if they acknowledge success probably isn't going to be forthcoming.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

GrumpyOne

Seaford_Saint wrote: Collingwood played their best footy for the season, after a massive bake from Coach Grumpy.......
Good God!

Not am I supposed to be crannypete and a host of other nicks on this forum, I'm also supposed to be coaching Collingwood as well!.

The ability of my multi-personalities amazes even me. :wink:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Seaford_Saint wrote: Collingwood played their best footy for the season, after a massive bake from Coach Grumpy.......
Good God!

Not am I supposed to be crannypete and a host of other nicks on this forum, I'm also supposed to be coaching Collingwood as well!.

The ability of my multi-personalities amazes even me. :wink:
Gold.

:lol:

Can we please have an ISP check on Malthouse NOW.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Seaford_Saint wrote:I actually think we are on the cusp of stringing a few together (starting in Brisbane).... and still finishing in the 3-6 ladder position range after Round 22.
I will take 10 packets of the substance you are smoking. I need some pickup.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:I reckon it's because for some people, it's not really a big deal to see the Saints win or lose - we should support them either way, and it's disloyal to have a go at players, even if it's clear they're not up to standard.

Then you've got another crowd who see things unfold and understand that premiership success won't be attained by our team's unskilled and predictable approach.

I guess some people really want success and are beginning to see extremely concerning patterns emerging, whereas as others are a little bit more passive, and completely trusting in those in charge to deliver results, even if they acknowledge success probably isn't going to be forthcoming.
thats bulls*** and you know it. Alot of us are hurting but the s*** that has been written on here or said during games is far beyond the pale. I would expect the eat their own approach from the ferals at tigerland. But the one eyed bagging of certain players for no other reasons given apart from "they are crap" is getting a little old.

Right now as I have mentioned earlier we are struggling with our trust and confidence as a team. Some will or should be dropped but the public hanging of certain players is embaressing. The OP was spot on, friday night was one of our better displays. Yes there were parts of the game where we fell down, certain players, expecially forward did not deliver. But seriously hang on and lets get behind the boys. I'm all for analysis but public hanging, not sure if that warrented or productive.

It's kind of sad when 12 year olds seem to understand things better then bitter old supporters.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
berniedquinn

yeah, Solar, ur on the money my friend. I guess the overall synopsus of most of the supporters is a direct result of a long period of suffering. Very little success can sometimes bring out the negative in people. But ur right, panning the players serves no purpose & only hightens the pain.
We've struggled on this long & we'll struggle on for another 50 odd years. Thats what makes us Sainters so unique.
It could be worse........we could be Tiger supporters.

Legalise cloning........then we can have 18 Robert Harveys
maverick
Saintsational Legend

If we played so well, why do I feel like this is the worst loss we have had for some time?

The Pies are no good, and losing that game was the biggest kick in the guts we have had this year, IMHO.

berniedquinn

Mav, have you been watching the style of footy we have been playing lately. Finally we played a free flowing game & we saw the best game from our midfield all year. The backline was servicable, but unfortunately our forward line didn't perform. I'd happily take a loss playing an offensive style of footy than take a loss playing that drivel RL has bought with him from over the border.
I trust he is finally listening to popular opinion & pulling the plug on the flood!!!!!!!!!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:If we played so well, why do I feel like this is the worst loss we have had for some time?
Probably, like many/all of us you went to or watched the game

EXPECTING US TO WIN. We didn't and that is disappointing. It is also the reason many of us are looking for answers !!

Shaggy
Club Player

I agree with the op.

I think we have played better over the last 3 weeks (including the Port game) than we have ever have before under RL.

We are no longer getting run over and there seems to be alot more attack about our game.

I think RL's focus has changed (but not enough) but anyway the team will be better for it.

berniedquinn

Shaggy, the mentality of the club is positive. One positive , as you mentioned is not being over run at the ends of games & slogging it out. This was instilled into the players at the beginning of the season. If you remember, ALL of our pre season games were very tight, & we managed to hold off all challangers.
I must admit, confidence is a big thing. Its like the yips in golf. When you lose it, your toast. I still don't think we have lost it. Our game plan seems to be like a bit of a jigsaw puzzle at the mo. One week the forwards are playing well, the next the backline is keeping us in it & the next the onballers are firing. We just need to click as a fully functional unit............its coming peeps.........its coming!!!!! OPTIMISM pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.................. :lol:

maverick
Saintsational Legend

berniedquinn wrote:Mav, have you been watching the style of footy we have been playing lately. Finally we played a free flowing game & we saw the best game from our midfield all year. The backline was servicable, but unfortunately our forward line didn't perform. I'd happily take a loss playing an offensive style of footy than take a loss playing that drivel RL has bought with him from over the border.
I trust he is finally listening to popular opinion & pulling the plug on the flood!!!!!!!!!
We still flooded, we still zoned off, we still did not play on and we still had no quality ball through the middle.

The reason the forward line is playing so poorly is because the quality of ball coming in is poorer than any team we have played.

Yes the game was a better standard for a neutral, but for mine, give me a win like Sydney round 1 if it means we win.

Winning is everything for mine, I don't like the game style because I don't think we have enough smart footballers to pull it off.

berniedquinn

Mav, I guess we can agree to disagree on the style of footy being played. I've never liked the defensive style of game. I watch footy for the spectacle, not the slow, numbing, monotonous tripe that has been served up by the swans for years. I'm sorry my friend, but just like going to see a movie, I want value for money. In an ideal world, we'd all be playing free flowing, play on style footy like the cats, the hawks or the doggies. I love watching these teams because they run & run. They take a mark & robotically turn left & right looking for someone running past. I know what your saying when you say a wins a win, but footy is meant to be entertaining. If I wanted that boring swans s*%t, I'd go watch opera or take a valium. Minimal flooding is ok as it steadies a team & slows momentum against your opponent. But for 80% of a match.......F*** that.
I do agree however that our delivery to our forwards the other night was certainly below par. BUT finally, we were winning the clearances. NOT just winning them, but controlling them outright.....

rexy
SS Life Member

I think we are playing a better brand of footy than earlier in the year and I agree that our midfield was good on Friday night. I as a supporter though cannot sit by while close to 10 players are being carried by the rest of the group. The players who refuse to man up, put their heads over the ball, tackle hard and run at the player with the ball, put their heads down and break lines either with run or by foot need to be held accountable for our losses. Only when we have 22 trying as hard as our best players will I be a happy supporter.The stand alone skipper says he isnt afraid to tell people if they are not putting in, has he followed up on this promise?

Maybe this year?
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Sorry SS I disagree

Seaford_Saint wrote:Collingwood played their best footy for the season, after a massive bake from Coach Grumpy...... we had some absolutely key personnel out, and still only went down by a kick.
Collingwood are an average team and now where near a top 4 finisher. If getting close to them is an improvement, then we are in trouble!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I am very impressed with another loss to a team I just don't rate.

What a ripper effort.

But don't despair as we are now sitting 9th as opposed to 12th at the same time last year, with a percentage of just under 1% less than the same time.

So we are on track, actually slightly ahead sort of, of last years blistering result.

I love accepting mediocrity.

Because I'm obviously used to it.

Shaggy
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:Yeah I am very impressed with another loss to a team I just don't rate.

What a ripper effort.

But don't despair as we are now sitting 9th as opposed to 12th at the same time last year, with a percentage of just under 1% less than the same time.

So we are on track, actually slightly ahead sort of, of last years blistering result.

Think of us as a golfer.

RL has taken us backwards ... but he has changed the swing.

Of course it will take 1 - 2 years to master it.

Will it be worth it in the long run ... LETS HOPE SO :D

But the last 3 games we really are playing much better than the Crap for the past year.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:I agree with the op.

I think we have played better over the last 3 weeks (including the Port game) than we have ever have before under RL.

We are no longer getting run over and there seems to be alot more attack about our game.

I think RL's focus has changed (but not enough) but anyway the team will be better for it.
I thought you said that we never agreed on anything :wink: :)

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:Yeah I am very impressed with another loss to a team I just don't rate.

What a ripper effort.

Think of us as a golfer.

RL has taken us backwards ... but he has changed the swing.

Of course it will take 1 - 2 years to master it.

Will it be worth it in the long run ... LETS HOPE SO :D

But the last 3 games we really are playing much better than the Crap for the past year.
The time taken to change the swing, we must be David Duval or Ian Baker-Finch, take your pick....