Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

wallbanger
Club Player

Kosi is very overrated IMO. Yes, when he is on his game he is very damaging and hard to match up on, but how many times has that happened? He had a purple patch of 4 weeks a few seasons ago, but other than that has been very incosistent.

To think that, at the time they came to the club, he was grouped with Roo as having similar futures in the AFL. There is no comparison anymore - Roos is streets ahead.

I think the game seems to have possibly passed Kosi by - his mobility seems to get worse and worse each season, and his kicking at goal is also in decline. The problem with him seems to be he doesn't really fit in anywhere - not physically strong enough to play a bullocking type full forward (or fast enough on the lead to be that type), not agile, smart or 'aware' enough to play in the ruck, and is also injury prone when played in that position.

I really don't know what the future holds for Kosi - if he is to make it somewhere near the hype, he really needs to stand up in the next few weeks in Roo's abscence.

Failure to do so could see the Club looking to put out the feelers to other clubs come trade time next season...I would hate to see that happen, but tough decsions sometimes need to be made and he really needs to take the next step IN A HURRY.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
wallbanger
Club Player

'Roos is streets ahead"...what the hell am I on?

ROO is.

ROOS is just a coach with some very questionable moral decisions who will bend the rules to breaking point and get away with it...but I digress.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
rexy
SS Life Member

Your all off your heads, Kosi is having to wander all over the ground to provide options due to our lack of run and carry and then try and work back into position when we finally have it moving our way. Any wonder he looks slow, he is stuffed. Watch the first quarter again, Kosi is fine its up the field that we have problems. Even Cameron Mooney looks like a good player with the right delivery.

Maybe this year?
groupie1
Club Player

he's not preoccupied with reinjuring himself, he's been instructed to be more sensible the way he throws his body around - and this takes away from his instincts and his confidence, plus one element that made him so good.
could use a stint at CHB, IMO, the one position on the ground he's proven successful. this will also free S fisher to play loose/3rd tall.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
starsign
Club Player

could use a stint at CHB, IMO, the one position on the ground he's proven successful. this will also free S fisher to play loose/3rd tall.
Pehaps he'd be a good matchup for Browny!
Don't know where that leaves us for key forwards though, as it looks like
G-bye G-train
BJ (though he's probably too valuable as attacking defender)
Blake?( normally better kick for goal than his last attempt)
Allen (RL now saying its time for the youngsters)
Ferg? Charlie?
Big Mac FF?

Looks Like Roo will only miss the next one , and on last nights Lions performance our chances of a win up there are slim , so it all could be worth a go! Especially if Kozi could stop Browny!

JeffDunne

I reckon the solution with Kosi is pretty obvious.

He's not good enough in the ruck to be a ruckman and he's not proving to be a key forward either.

IMO he's a pretty good follower though when he doesn't have to turn on a dime.

Play him out of a pocket but let him play up the ground. If the opposition man him up with someone more mobile, send him back to the forward line. When they drop a defender back onto him, push back up the ground.

We play a man short up forward so we can have an extra man down back. IMO that suits the opposition allowing them to double team forwards when we should be trying to isolate them one out.

Let Kosi play as a follower, dropping back when needed, pushing forward when needed. I'd even allow him into the centre square at some centre bounces when he's dragged a defender up the ground.

Kosi's a weapon we just don't use his strengths.

schneiderman

Send him back to the Magoos to find some form.