The bigger picture

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

berniedquinn

The bigger picture

Hi all....be gentle with me, Im new here. I too am a frustrated supporter. I'm a little perplexed at how our team can go backwards from numerous finals appearances not more tha 2 years ago. The list we had then is not much different to the one we now have, but all of those guys have matured & settled in to the competition.
I think the coaching issue is far more deep seeded than we are lead to believe. Why sack Thommo when he obviously had the support of the players. Isn't that the most important quality a coach should have? He was sacked because of internal issues. Issues that involved the board at the highest level. In my mind we should all be discussing the mishandling of this team by guys like Rod Butterss & co. Personal vendettas have well & truly destroyed this club just when things were looking up......I'm over it!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Legalise cloning........then we can have 18 Robert Harveys
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

well as a friendly warning to you my friend...don't mention GT unless absolutely neccessary, it usually starts page after page of spam from the same people on this forum.

on the first part of your post, we all share your frustration.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
berniedquinn

Thanks for the warning Fonz, but at the end of the day this is the reality.............we are all mushrooms & I think its about time we were given some real answers. F*** me, the progress of this team is going to be inserted in to the annals of all the conspiracy theories known to man!!!!! Give me something someone, anything................

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: The bigger picture

berniedquinn wrote:Hi all....be gentle with me, Im new here(welcome to the site hope you enjoy).

I too am a frustrated supporter. I'm a little perplexed at how our team can go backwards from numerous finals appearances not more tha 2 years ago ( the problem isnt that we have gone backwars its that we have stood still teams we bullied in 04 and 05 are alot better now and they have been gaining ground on us as early as 06 its just now that they are over taking us).

The list we had then is not much different to the one we now have, but all of those guys have matured & settled in to the competition. (but the rest of the Comp have added new dimensions to their list to move forward we have stuck with the same old sameold)

I think the coaching issue is far more deep seeded than we are lead to believe. Why sack Thommo when he obviously had the support of the players. Isn't that the most important quality a coach should have? (now you have opened a can of worms :lol: the true reflection is that the decline in the teams success started while the former coach was still in power and as a whloe we were not innovated enough to see that staleness was kreeping in)

He was sacked because of internal issues. Issues that involved the board at the highest level. In my mind we should all be discussing the mishandling of this team by guys like Rod Butterss & co.(trust me we have to the wits ends and it causes a great divide between all on here the pro GT anti GT crews all have had their say and then some the fact is its done now and we have to move froward from that)

Personal vendettas have well & truly destroyed this club just when things were looking up......I'm over it!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( (EGO is what killed the club structure and list management is what caused the decline in our onfeild performance )

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
berniedquinn

St Trav.............all your points taken. Havent been on this site long enough to extracate all the banter & analyse it. I guess the game plan of the current coach makes GT look marginally innovative. Last night, I admit, was a move in the right direction so far as playing a more offensive style of football. I trust RL will take a leaf out of the books of teams like Geelong, Bulldogs & Hawthorn & try & implement a more free flowing attacking game. Heres hoping..............

danners
Club Player

i totally agree with everything you have said berniedquinn

i just wish everyone involved in our club could put there egos aside and put in a team effort, just for harvs.

he deserves nothing less

21 years old, proud member since 1998!