Grant Thomas paid $100,000 hush money by St Kilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Fair Dinkum Thomas was paid over 2 million dollars to not even get us to a Grand Final.
With the injuries we had, we were lucky to make two preliminary finals.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

rodgerfox wrote:
gazrat wrote:hmmmmm

how do i something , whilst saying nothing?

ummmmm

given that gt's holiday pay claim equates to 90k , given gt's lawyers involvement & the possibilities of copping costs ....it would seem from our well balanced reporter on the scene , it might have been in gt's best interest to take the money put on the table by the new board , when it was offered

archies up at 2.15
I don't get it?
Should Thomas win the action around holiday pay, as seems likely, but lose on the "hush money" ($100k) and interest, then the sum would be less that the settlement apparently offered ($100k), and Thomas would be up for court costs.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
asiu

go bam :)

gt should have taken his money , when he had the chance ...is barks considered opinion

reckons that gt was hammered under examination

barks absolutely understands, that (his) impartiality , is important.....(he's impressing me)

because , in the end , thats what barks wants ....the facts

i'm off to work .....have fun everyone

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:go bam :)

gt should have taken his money , when he had the chance ...is barks considered opinion

barks absolutely understands, that (his) impartiality , is important.....(he's impressing me)

But if GT took the money previously, wouldn't it have cost us more?

Or could it be that B4Eva is more concerned about GT losing than the club winning?

Could it be???

saintly
Saintsational Legend

i don't understand.

how come barks is not writing anything on here. yet some coments are listed as his?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:

i don't understand.

how come barks is not writing anything on here. yet some coments are listed as his?
A new episode of the X Files? :)

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
saintly wrote:

i don't understand.

That makes sense to me. Some sort of paranormal explanation for why anyone at all - and, in particular, B4E - would be at all interested in this petty and rather sordid workplace dispute is the only one that could possibly make sense to me. :roll: :roll:

Really, I'm happy to talk until the cows come home about GT's strengths and weaknesses as a coach, recruiter, whatever. But this court case is simply a mixture of boring and embarrassing. It does not show GT, Fraser, Butterss or anyone else associated with the club in 2006 in a good light at all.

This is definitely something we can choose to move on from.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Dank25
Club Player

Grant Thomas paid $100,000 hush money by St Kilda

If it cant be sorted out here in OZ I hear that Judge Judy is the next step :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Better start saving up your airfare Andrew :wink: )

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
saintly wrote:

i don't understand.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Re: Grant Thomas paid $100,000 hush money by St Kilda

Dank25 wrote:If it cant be sorted out here in OZ I hear that Judge Judy is the next step :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Better start saving up your airfare Andrew :wink: )
If it's going to be played out on TV, I want to see Grant and Archie go head to head on Gladiators.

Would it be too unkind to suggest that they probably wouldn't need quite as much padding as some of the other competitors..........?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Glardiators perhaps?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

It would have to be the most boring thing of all time goping to a court case. That confirms to me that B4E seriously needs some help no matter how much he loves the Saints.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Fair Dinkum Thomas was paid over 2 million dollars to not even get us to a Grand Final.
2 million dollars over four years.

$2,000,000

Thats more than most of us will see in 20 years. Half a friggen lifetime.

I could have coached the saints to prelims. And what extra coaching skills did Thomas have above me or anyone else on this site?

None.

On no wait....He coached a local side in competition 5 billion miles to the left of Melbourne.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

$2,000,000

I could have coached the saints to prelims. And what extra coaching skills did Thomas have above me or anyone else on this site?

None.
Yes we were that good they could have coached themselves. Then why hasnt Dal, Rooy, Kosi and a few other young players improved under RL if it is that easy. They all improved under GT. It isnt that easy and plenty of other coaches have been pai more with no more success.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

$2,000,000

None.
Yes we were that good they could have coached themselves. Then why hasnt Dal, Rooy, Kosi and a few other young players improved under RL if it is that easy. They all improved under GT. It isnt that easy and plenty of other coaches have been pai more with no more success.
The gradient of improvement is much larger within the beginning years of a football player.

Coupled with the fact that these players were obtained very high in the draft.

Therefore, that analogy doesn't actually represent what your trying to say. It is impossible to measure what type of impact GT had on those players.

Maybe GT should of spent some of that dough on Assistant coaches during his initial years....rather than having the CEO preform the midfield rotations in the box on game day.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

$2,000,000

None.

I must admit, I'm amazed the 'My Grandma could coach this team to prelims' line hasn't been put to rest by now.

I mean, how must that make Lyon feel?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

$2,000,000

None.
The gradient of improvement is much larger within the beginning years of a football player.

Coupled with the fact that these players were obtained very high in the draft.

Therefore, that analogy doesn't actually represent what your trying to say. It is impossible to measure what type of impact GT had on those players.

Maybe GT should of spent some of that dough on Assistant coaches during his initial years....rather than having the CEO preform the midfield rotations in the box on game day.
So you wouldnt expect Dal to improve at 22 or Kosi and Rooy at 23. Well you are easily pleased. 2 out of the 3 may have gone backwards. Surely that isnt old age creeping in.

Saints43
Club Player

And what extra coaching skills did Thomas have above me or anyone else on this site?
He had a plan. A plan no-one else had ever worked out. Other teams got to sit back, take no risks, see if it worked, tweak it if it didn't.

I suppose people are impressed with Hawthorns bottom out, trade away senior players for picks & salary cap relief, build through the draft.

They look like they are getting it right. We didn't have an example to learn from - they did.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Maybe GT should of spent some of that dough on Assistant coaches during his initial years....rather than having the CEO preform the midfield rotations in the box on game day.
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good argument. Brian Waldron was in the box early doors doing midfield rotations, when he was football manager, not CEO. And it was only for a few matches before a replacement, sourced by BW himself, was chosen for the role.

If you are going to spout off, at least spout accurately.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
starsign
Club Player

Just on 10 news that Archie painted a black picture of GT from the box thisarvo....
guess all will come out as they air the dirty washing !

To the top
SS Life Member

The relationship between Thomas and the Board was "dysfunctional".

The Board appoints to all positions at the Club, so if you have a "dysfunctional" relationship with the Board, guess what the only outcome will be?

And St Kilda was "off the radar" in its relationship with Umpires - based on a scale of 1 to 6.

The "off the radar" comment appears to be attributed to the Umpire's Coach, at a meeting with Thomas.

So it was not only perception that St Kilda received the "raw end of the prawn" from Umpires and the AFL - and that it still does.

There are other reasons behind this, to do with the CEO of the AFL.

The AFL attempts to present itself as professional when it is a collection of in-bred cronies wallowing in their self-importance and delusions of self importance.

And, if you are not liked for one reason or another, there is petty retribution.

We are getting to the guts of this now.

The AFL Commission stands accused that a Senior Official (the Umpires Coach) presided over a circumstance where St Kilda "were off the radar" in regards their relationship with the umpiring fraternity.

This is the most serious accusation that can be made.

The other interesting matter will be any betting activity by anyone associated with the AFL (including thru associated parties), and knowing the view the Umpiring fraternity had of St Kilda.

St Kilda was not playing on a level field, and it still does not.

It is time for changes at the AFL, starting from the top.

The reasons Thomas had to go are even more obvious now.

Plus Thomas has left St Kilda FC with a dysfunctional list, evidenced by there being no options in regards key defensive players in the absence of Hudgden and Maguire.

That is how fragile this list is.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:
Plus Thomas has left St Kilda FC with a dysfunctional list, evidenced by there being no options in regards key defensive players in the absence of Hudgden and Maguire.

Yeah.

I mean really, fancy not being able to instantly fill the spot of your FB and CHB.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
To the top wrote:

Yeah.

I mean really, fancy not being able to instantly fill the spot of your FB and CHB.
I must admit that did give me a laugh. Thought Sam Fisher was a bad replacement. And fancy GT not knowing Goose would be injured for 2 years after he left.

To the top
SS Life Member

When Penny went down, what was done?

When Gehrig was shifted forward, what was done?

And how old is Max now? Is this his last year?

So where are the contingency arrangements?

Who has been developed as back up - because every good side develops back up for key positions.

Sam Fisher is adequate in a key position - and excels on a flank.

Whilst we keep playing essentially flankers in key positions we are not progressing, and we will not progress.

There is Gilbert, but who else in a list of how many?

Remember, a couple of short years ago, Adelaide had a couple of 192cm, 90kg players on their Rookie List.

Care to check back?

What was St Kilda doing by comparison?

And that is why we are exposed now, and were required to play Gwilt at full back (188cm) last year - just as well Max is back because just how much does his name add to the structure of our side for tomorrow night?

If he was unavailable, what were the options?

And injury is a fact of life - that is why you have a list and you develop that list to cover contingencies, and to put pressure on every player on that list because someone is breathing down their necks hanging out to prove themselves.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:When Penny went down, what was done?

When Gehrig was shifted forward, what was done?

And how old is Max now? Is this his last year?

So where are the contingency arrangements?

Who has been developed as back up - because every good side develops back up for key positions.

Sam Fisher is adequate in a key position - and excels on a flank.

Whilst we keep playing essentially flankers in key positions we are not progressing, and we will not progress.

There is Gilbert, but who else in a list of how many?

Remember, a couple of short years ago, Adelaide had a couple of 192cm, 90kg players on their Rookie List.

Care to check back?

What was St Kilda doing by comparison?

And that is why we are exposed now, and were required to play Gwilt at full back (188cm) last year - just as well Max is back because just how much does his name add to the structure of our side for tomorrow night?

If he was unavailable, what were the options?

And injury is a fact of life - that is why you have a list and you develop that list to cover contingencies, and to put pressure on every player on that list because someone is breathing down their necks hanging out to prove themselves.
Just love you to give me 2 names RL has recruited in 2 years to address this so called problem.