1966 Grand Final Record..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

peter lockwood
Club Player

1966 Grand Final Record..

I was wondering if anyone here has a 1966 grand final record that they would be willing to sell.If so let me know thanks! :D
I know that this is probably a longshot because it would be like a bible to so many here but its worth a shot. :D

SideshowMilne
Club Player

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

did have it a couple of yrs ago dont know if i've still got it given most of the crap from yrs gone by away a few yrs ago

66 premiership bottle of port was auctioned at a western saints function a few yrs ago (fetched 100 bucks)all old saint magazines from the 60's 70's given to the saints heritage museum & as far as i know are still on display...good chance the record has been given away also,ill have a look around over the weekend & if still got it its yours

it will cost you 4 beers...one for the peanut,one for aok,one for me & one for eastern (no way that tight arzed barstard will ever buy his own)

GrumpyOne

rogerwa wrote:did have it a couple of yrs ago dont know if i've still got it given most of the crap from yrs gone by away a few yrs ago

66 premiership bottle of port was auctioned at a western saints function a few yrs ago (fetched 100 bucks)all old saint magazines from the 60's 70's given to the saints heritage museum & as far as i know are still on display...good chance the record has been given away also,ill have a look around over the weekend & if still got it its yours

it will cost you 4 beers...one for the peanut,one for aok,one for me & one for eastern (no way that tight arzed barstard will ever buy his own)
I'd check the value Roge, you are giving it away very cheap.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Bid currently at AU $92.01 ..only an hour to go.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Re: 1966 Grand Final Record..

peter lockwood wrote:I was wondering if anyone here has a 1966 grand final record that they would be willing to sell.If so let me know thanks! :D
I know that this is probably a longshot because it would be like a bible to so many here but its worth a shot. :D
When you find one hang on to it until we win another couple and your great ,great ,great,great,great,great,great,great Grand Children can sell them as a set

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

the record i'm talking about is the actual record not the magazine...for the younger set a record is about 12 inches round & was played on a gramophone :oops: not some shiney little piece of chyt that ya stick into a cd player

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

rogerwa wrote:the record i'm talking about is the actual record not the magazine...for the younger set a record is about 12 inches round & was played on a gramophone :oops: not some shiney little piece of chyt that ya stick into a cd player
Ah sorry missunderstood you in that case i dont Know what sort of technology will be playing music by then but im sure it will sound far better than records and cds :wink:

markinUSA
SS Life Member

5 mins left ... AU $132.50 right now.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:5 mins left ... AU $132.50 right now.
Depending on condition they have been known to bring 200-300 at auction. (we are talking about the 1966 Footy Record and not an LP?)

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I've got a vinyl record of the final quarter of the 3KZ call of the '66 GF. Any ideas on what that would be worth?

It's in poor condition, haven't attempted to play it yet.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I have three GF Records, all purchased on the day, one for me, for for Dad and one for my Uncle. I put the Saints scorers in mine. My Uncle put in the Saints goalkickers, although he had Bob Murray kicking a goal. Would have been a good kick. The other one is writing free and in pretty good condition although not mint.

I also have a W&G recording of 3KZ's description of the last quarter with Rod McLeod, Barry Ion and Harry Beitzel which I received as a birthday present later that year. On the other side of the record are interviews with players "in the rooms" and replays of the goals - all 20 of them! This was in the time when there were no home video recorders, so the record was the only way to relive those last few heart stopping moments, which I did about a thousand times.

mcadam05
Club Player

Otiman wrote:I've got a vinyl record of the final quarter of the 3KZ call of the '66 GF. Any ideas on what that would be worth?

It's in poor condition, haven't attempted to play it yet.

that is a great thing too own! i reckon its worth $200 - 300 in good nick

can anyone on here copy vinyl on too a computer? i would love a cd copy of my Record

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

$132.50 is a pretty good buy.
I remember seeing a copy for $100 about 10 years ago @ Melbourne Sports Books. It was have been in about the same condition too.