coaches cop too much criticism

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

danners
Club Player

coaches cop too much criticism

i wish people would stop bagging the coaches of afl sides for poor form and start blaming the players. the coach isnt the one who misses set shots from 40 out. he isnt the one who doesnt go in for the ball hard enough.

all the blame should be on every single player on the field.

Huzzad
Club Player

Too true. Often coaches take a lot of flak for things out of their control. I guess this just raises the question of what is actually in their control? Is it selecting players who don't play hard enough? Or not giving them enough motivation to play to their best? It's the easiest job in the world to criticise.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Correct me if i'm wrong but i do believe coaches set up game plans and make moves as the game as in progress

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
danners
Club Player

obviously the coach has to take some of the blame but listening to SEN this arvo on the way home from work, all i heard was knights getting bagged for the dons form.

give the guy a break. he has coached 7 senior games and ppl are already wanting him sacked. it cant be easy taking over from a great coach like sheedy.

not once did i hear someone blaming the essendon players.

if i can recall the ladder correctly, they are sitting above the eagles, and worsfold doesnt get any where near the amount of crap that knights is getting, just because he has won a flag
Last edited by danners on Tue 13 May 2008 7:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

and1showtime_23@msn.com wrote:obviously the coach has to take some of the blame but listening to SEN this arvo on the way home from work, all i heard was knights getting bagged for the dons form.

give the guy a break. he has coached 7 senior games and ppl are already wanting him sacked. it cant be easy taking over from a great coach like sheedy.

In this case the game plan is the major reason for poor form.

My god Essendon are playing unaccountable football Knights needs to get them to man up and yes this is his responsibility
Last edited by LENNY LEADS THE WAY on Tue 13 May 2008 7:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

and1showtime_23@msn.com wrote:obviously the coach has to take some of the blame but listening to SEN this arvo on the way home from work, all i heard was knights getting bagged for the dons form.

And I laugh everytime I hear the Bummers fans ring up and demand his sacking 'because he only knows how to attack and play unaccountable footy'.

Maybe if we could 'merge' Knights and Lyon into 1 we would have a coach that supporters of both clubs would actually support?

danners
Club Player

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:

My god Essendon are playing unaccountable football Knights needs to get them to man up and yes this is his responsibility
how is that the coaches responsibility? he tells them who to man up on yes but it is the player who has to go out and do it

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

and1showtime_23@msn.com wrote:

how is that the coaches responsibility? he tells them who to man up on yes but it is the player who has to go out and do it
\

Do u really believe that?

U don't think coach's tell certain players to put a hard tag on a certain player or to try and run free at every chance have a quick think about it.

A coach will demand the game style weather this be attacking or defensive

danners
Club Player

and1showtime_23@msn.com wrote:

\

Do u really believe that?

U don't think coach's tell certain players to put a hard tag on a certain player or to try and run free at every chance have a quick think about it.

A coach will demand the game style weather this be attacking or defensive
yes i do believe that.

if i was doing what the coach told me to do and it clearly wasnt working then straight away id try something else.

the players need to take more responsibility

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

and1showtime_23@msn.com wrote:if i was doing what the coach told me to do and it clearly wasnt working then straight away id try something else.

the players need to take more responsibility
Then you get overeager players who are not working to a plan, and just one or two of these individuals can upset the team balance and structure, which makes the coaches look worse.

danners
Club Player

so everyone thinks that the coaches should keep taking the blame and the players can get away with playing poorly?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The only person responsible for the gameplan is the coach.

If the players decide to do something else, they will (and should be) dropped or shafted completely.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Get rid of all the coaches and we'd have entertaining football every week.

Too many coaches too clever by half.

m_m
Club Player

yea i hate it when ppl always blame coaches for teams losses etc