Does anyone live in Queensland?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintly1
Club Player

Does anyone live in Queensland?

Hi sorry
I wasn't sure where to put this? if it's the wrong place please put in the
right section thank you!
I am new here i joined last year while i was still living in Melb,i
I have followed them for the last 34 years and forever will do!
But i moved earlier this year to Queensland and miss seeing the saints play i miss going to the dome!
I am just wondering if there are any other Qld Saints Supporters that live up here too?
and if you will be going to any of the matches at either Gabba or Carrara?

The Peanut
Club Player

There are heaps of Sainters in Queensland but as you are aware its a big place - perhaps you could provide a location so your locals can help you with more relevant information.

Welcome to SS
Last edited by The Peanut on Tue 13 May 2008 12:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Go to:

http://www.westofmoorabbin.com/

Look for CLUB...and then on the drop down menu click on SEQ SAINTS.

Lots of good stuff..including contact details for 3 groups in Qld.

Hi, we are the South East Queensland St Kilda Supporters Group. What a mouth full, or more simply put the "SEQ Saint's", or as we like to call ourselves, "Moorabbin in the Sun". We have been operating for 11 years.

Moorabbin in the Sun
We would like to invite all Saints fans, whether they live in Qld or are here on holidays to join us at "Moorabbin in the Sun" at Mermaid Beach Surf Club, Hedges Avenue (between Montana and Ventura Rds, Mermaid Beach, Gold Coast.

This is a fantastic opportunity for Qld based St Kilda supporters to get to know other Sainters while enjoying matches in a "live-at-the-game" style atmosphere.

We meet for every televised game, so come along and join in the fun. There is a big screen TV and great meals are available. Not only do you get the chance to support the Mighty Saints but also Surf Life Saving Qld.

We encourage all St Kilda Supporters to be members.

etc etc...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Saintly1
Club Player

Hey Peanut,

Thanks for your reply,
I'm in the Fraser Coast area - Maryborough.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Batnoe

Brisbane saints

where i live i got a kapow card, where is says buy 1 ticket and get 1 free

i have just organised 17 tickets for me and my mates

it says category 1 reserved is $54 so half price is $27 a ticket

i just booked my 17 tickets and they charged me $278 for the lot of them which is $17 each, it says on the card to collect your tickets at ticketek but the lady is actually sending them to me so i do not have to surrender my kapow cards

if any brisbane saints wants cheap tickets just say you had 2 for one and they might give them to you for $17, or i may have just been very lucky

CARN the saints

Saintly1
Club Player

Thank you saintsRrising,

I have emailed the supporter group on Goldcoast
and see if they can tell me if there are any supporter groups
further up.

Saintly1
Club Player

[quote="Batnoe"]Brisbane saints

where i live i got a kapow card, where is says buy 1 ticket and get 1 free

i have just organised 17 tickets for me and my mates

it says category 1 reserved is $54 so half price is $27 a ticket

i just booked my 17 tickets and they charged me $278 for the lot of them which is $17 each, it says on the card to collect your tickets at ticketek but the lady is actually sending them to me so i do not have to surrender my kapow cards

if any brisbane saints wants cheap tickets just say you had 2 for one and they might give them to you for $17, or i may have just been very lucky

CARN the saints[/quote]

I just bought mine this morning i don't know which end i am at i am sitting behind the goals by the looks of it, just hope it's not behind the brissy cheer squad! was $31 conc and $7 for my son.

Batnoe

i am a saints member so i got 2 free tickets anyway in the saints cheer squad

they are not licensed so no alchol- if anyone wants to sit in the saints squad behind the goals PM and i can give you those tickets

also, i am in section 54 which is on the upper tear behind the goal

saintly1

with the lions, even if you are in the lions cheer squad they only cheer for a goal and in that they clap only, they are still learning football

Newman
Club Player

Several of us Brissie Saints fans are now starting to gather at the 'Newman' residence to watch (in particular) the Foxtel games on the big screen in the 'Saints Theatre'. The clan is growing! There's Rob, Chris, Larry, Stuart, Darren, Jeremy, Parris, Jayden, Christie, Whitney and me Newman. Not everyone can come all the time, but it creates a good atmosphere when ther's a few fans gathered. Enquiries to: editor@newmedia.com.au

Saintly1
Club Player

Batnoe!

Is it worth being a member up here? if you go to 1-2 games a year?
I am at the opposite end on lower level aisle 37. unlicenced unfortunatley where do the saints cheer squad sit?
i could've had seats up where u are but choose the lower ones.

i used to sit behind the cheer squad at the dome
but then moved to the fenceline behind goals.

Batnoe

Saintly1 wrote:Batnoe!

Is it worth being a member up here? if you go to 1-2 games a year?
I am at the opposite end on lower level aisle 37. unlicenced unfortunatley where do the saints cheer squad sit?
i could've had seats up where u are but choose the lower ones.

i used to sit behind the cheer squad at the dome
but then moved to the fenceline behind goals.
is it worth being a member up here? it depends on how much money you have, it is more of a donation, we get one ticket in home state, which i got but wont use. I got the full membership just in case the saints make the GF, i thought a donation of $300 odd was worth it to see us in the GF

i will see the saints vs lions, saints vs Roos, Saints vs Blues and the last saints Pies game

none of which are our home games so for me to be a member, i dont get any benifits... you can get interstate membership which costs about $90 a year and get 5 home games and also one in your own state

so up to you really

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

are there any die-hards like myself in their early 20's???

there seems to be plenty of more-mature supporters (no disrespect intended) however a lack of the youngen's that are actually old enough to go out and get on the turps before or after the game

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Gday Saintly1
Hope you can make the Gabba this week, its a joy giving it to bandwagon supporters, NRL bumsnifffing converts, and people who only went to see "Acker" now going through withdrawals.
The main QLD group is run by the tireless and fiercely StKilda stalwart - StBev. She heads the group from her Gold Coast base, also Brett Saunders who runs the Riverview Hotel is a great contact and is holding a game day function and accomodation. (07) 3262 0846
Hope you can get used to th eNRL bias in the papers, scratchy radio, and if you get it, cloud cover cutting out Austar at critical moments in the boradcast.
But it is still a nice neck of the woods..."hey"

Seeya
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Re: Does anyone live in Queensland?

Saintly1 wrote:Hi sorry
I wasn't sure where to put this? if it's the wrong place please put in the
right section thank you!
I am new here i joined last year while i was still living in Melb,i
I have followed them for the last 34 years and forever will do!
But i moved earlier this year to Queensland and miss seeing the saints play i miss going to the dome!
I am just wondering if there are any other Qld Saints Supporters that live up here too?
and if you will be going to any of the matches at either Gabba or Carrara?
Hi Saintly1 im between Oxenford and Tamborine Mountain . Moved up here from Melbourne in 95 :D

Saintly1
Club Player

sunsaint
Thanks for your message,

Yeap im going to the gabba in a couple of weeks haven't been there in ages the last time i went was good got asked to help with the banner with my brother! was a while ago now. i know we lost that day but was still good to see them.
I never got into NRL ever and i lived on goldcoast for 10 years before i went back to Melb 4 years ago and now back in Qld.
I'm already hating channel 7 there the worst to show footy especailly during the nab cup series. channel 10 aint so bad at least they show it at the right time. i need austar badly i had fox in melb.
There is practically no footy news in the local paper crap!
i'll have to sus out the function funds for that.
as im heading up Saturday and staying in motel in Fortitude valley.
ill remember for next time.

and yeap its lovely up here just miss the footy.

JeffDunne

I reside in Queensland . . . I travel when I want to "live".

j/k

Saintly1
Club Player

Re: Does anyone live in Queensland?

Winmar7Fan
Hi Saintly1 im between Oxenford and Tamborine Mountain . Moved up here from Melbourne in 95.

That's cool :) Good to know there are some more of us up here!
i moved from Melb the first time in 93, lived around Tugun-Currumbin area stayed till start of 2004 then moved back to Melb and moved to Maryborough in Jan this year.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I live in Cairns, (North Queensland)

We've got a saints supporters group up here. I'm the president, the secretary, the CEO, the fundraiser, the Bar staffer, the bar fly.

We are always looking for new members.

We meet in front of my TV everytime the saints are on. You can find it in my lounge room.

Lennon
Club Player

Odd choice of thread title.

No, we're all cyborgs and walking dead.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Good to see all the Qlders coming out of the woodwork. To try and answer various points.

Husband Murray and myself (Bev) run the SEQ Saints (South East Qld Saints), we are on the Gold Coast. Brett Saunders looks after the Brissie side of things and Rowan Tattersall runs the FNQ Saints, he is based in Cairns. The Gold Coast is the most active due to TV coverage. We are lucky enough to get the NSW stations, so we pretty much get all games live or close to it. We meet at the Mermaid Beach Surf Club and watch all live games. Brissie people often come down and join us and this year we have been getting alot of Melb people on holidays also. Not to mention more people from Saintsational which is great to meet everyone.

We always encourage people to be members. 2 free tickets this year for the Bris and GC games. But I don't know about anyone else, but I would hate to be in the GF and not be able to get tickets.

Age - We have die hard supporters of all ages. We encourage all ages to come but cannot guarantee from week to week what age people will be there or how many people. It varys.

If you come to our functions we always try to sit people with who we think they would get on with. eg. we would sit Saintsational people together, young'es together etc. We want everyone to have a great time. So don't let that put you off, we will look after you the best we can. Don't think us "mature ones" want an early night. We like to kick on with the best of them!

There are 400 members in Qld and goodness knows how many Saints supporters who don't even know we exist. So pls support us and spread the word.

P.S. Murray, myself, Brett and Rowan are actually only 21, its just that following St Kilda makes us look older! :wink:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Saintvegas

Hey I live in Brisbane and I reckon its definitley worth getting at least an interstate membership. Also Batnoe are you taking that filthy collingwood supporter to the gabba again? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saintly1
Club Player

Hi Bev,

I actually emailed you earlier i think,
I don't come down the Coast much but i will be down next month for
the North match, do you do anything for that pre game or post?
I will be going to the Gabba next weekend.
Bev what memebership do you have?
I thought about getting the interstate one but i would only manage to get to couple of games a year, my dad (is mcg holder) if he is lucky to get G/F tickets this year then i will definatley go down for that.
The last few years i was member in melb and the same reserved seats too.
I normally take one of my boys have 3 but only 2 are into footy,
I'm thinking of going the Brissy function just where i am staying is in Fortitude Valley is that near where the function is?

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

im farking psyched for the game against the lions next weekend

its been two long...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
milney044
Club Player

I'm not from Brisbane but i'll be flying up for next weeks game.
My first interstate trip, can't say im confident on the win but i'll be there to cheer on the boys :D

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.