Don't get sucked in by old Mike Sheahan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Don't get sucked in by old Mike Sheahan

We all know that it is Mike's job to write pieces that sell news papers but surely our supporters and especially the club are not going to get sucked into his romantic formula writing that one player will be the messiah to deliver all.

This is just plain crap.

Michael Voss's articale a few weeks ago was spot on.

Kosi please don't get sucked in by it. There are 22 players that need to step up.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Don't get sucked in by old Mike Sheahan

Cairnsman wrote:We all know that it is Mike's job to write pieces that sell news papers but surely our supporters and especially the club are not going to get sucked into his romantic formula writing that one player will be the messiah to deliver all.

This is just plain crap.

Michael Voss's articale a few weeks ago was spot on.

Kosi please don't get sucked in by it. There are 22 players that need to step up.
Good article. I think most on here would agree with what he says but you are right. He has no right to write an article like that about our players. Matter of fact he shouldnt write anything on us unless it is positive. Let all of us write the negitive stuff.

JeffDunne

I don't think the article is too bad (I would never had read it had you not pointed it out though).

The Simmonds incident is being overplayed by Mike. Kosi wasn't upset he'd been put on his bum, it was what Simmonds did after the tackle that rightly pissed off Kosi. Players are being instructed to hold onto the ball as long as possible if there's not an obvious target, and from Kosi's timing of the kick I thought he was aware he was about to be tackled.

The comment about the B&F is a little unfair too.

Other than that I agree with the main thrust of the article.

It is time for Kosi to lift but he's not the only one.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

it wouldnt surprise me if kosi could barely read so why would he even bother picking up a newspaper?

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
jk23
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:it wouldnt surprise me if kosi could barely read so why would he even bother picking up a newspaper?
Are you for real????? Talk about turn on your own.
If you don't have anything positive to say don't say anything at all !!!!!!!!!

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:it wouldnt surprise me if kosi could barely read so why would he even bother picking up a newspaper?
What the hell caused that?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
nothing at all...he just comes across as a person with not a hell of alot going on upstairs...thats fine...just play good footy

why on earth would he listen to any journo anyway???

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
nothing at all...he just comes across as a person with not a hell of alot going on upstairs...thats fine...just play good footy

why on earth would he listen to any journo anyway???
So by that thinking, we could assume you are a few kangaroos short in the top paddock?

What a stupid thing to say.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
hotdish
Club Player

The article is spot on.

For him to not finish higher than 9th in a best and fairest (Roo has won some 4 B&Fs?) is under-performance.

Lets hope he steps it up a notch in the next 4-6 weeks.

yipper
SS Life Member

I'm just curious as to why we are the one team everybody must write an article about every week!!?? I mean there are 16 team in AFL comp, 10 in Melbourne - one of the most famous clubs in the country is underperforming a tad (all due respects Johnpeterbudge) - why not a scathing piece on them? One whole page in the Herald Sun today on all things Saints?? WTF???

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Are we favourites for the flag again?

Lol @ retarded punters and journalists. :roll:

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:So by that thinking, we could assume you are a few kangaroos short in the top paddock?
Who has paddocks of kangaroos?

This thread just gets better and better!

markp
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:I'm just curious as to why we are the one team everybody must write an article about every week!!?? I mean there are 16 team in AFL comp, 10 in Melbourne - one of the most famous clubs in the country is underperforming a tad (all due respects Johnpeterbudge) - why not a scathing piece on them? One whole page in the Herald Sun today on all things Saints?? WTF???
Collingwood supporters can't read, bulldogs supporters can't afford the paper, geelong supporters read that geelong rag, hawthorn and melbourne supporters read the Australian, Roo's don't have supporters, bombers, tigers and blues supporters read the Age.... Maybe? :wink:

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:So by that thinking, we could assume you are a few kangaroos short in the top paddock?
Who has paddocks of kangaroos?

This thread just gets better and better!
Glad someone saw the irony.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:I'm just curious as to why we are the one team everybody must write an article about every week!!?? I mean there are 16 team in AFL comp, 10 in Melbourne - one of the most famous clubs in the country is underperforming a tad (all due respects Johnpeterbudge) - why not a scathing piece on them? One whole page in the Herald Sun today on all things Saints?? WTF???
BEcause Mighty Mike got sucked in by the pre season tease and tipped us for the granny and now feels a little embarassed.

Its all personal for these blokes, they just cannot stay objective

Beekay
SS Life Member

SENsaintsational wrote:

To be fair, he is right.

Kosi does not come across as the sharpest bloke.

Maybe uncalled for though.

The Peanut
Club Player

I don't think we should get an unusual visual impairment mixed up with reduced mental ability or intelligence.

yipper
SS Life Member

The Peanut wrote:I don't think we should get an unusual visual impairment mixed up with reduced mental ability or intelligence.

Exactly. :roll:

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
Ice Wolf
Club Player

I think Kosi is really going to step up, he always plays better when Reiwoldt isn't there to lead into him or be the focal point.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Don't get sucked in by old Mike Sheahan

Cairnsman wrote:Kosi please don't get sucked in by it. There are 22 players that need to step up.
that is true, but not all of them have kosi's abilities as a potential match-winner.

we need something extra special from him over the next month with riewoldt out and fraser really struggling.

good article by mike and he's right. kosi, it's time to step up to the plate.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I'm not sure why Sheahan needed to use the tackle by Simmonds and the subsequent 'altercation' to make his point.

Anybody who saw the replay knows that Kosi objected to the 'knee' he copped and not the tackle.

And does that mean that anybody who is 'tackled' from the side when 'taking on' the opposition is now suffering a 'spacial awareness problem'?

By all means have a go at Kosi over his form, but to continue to fuel this 'view' about his 'spacial awareness' with a 'wrong example' is just a shoddy piece of research for his article. And to compound this shoddiness is the fact that the incident took place 10 days prior, plenty of time to get your facts right.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think you'll find that the Herald Sun would have done their market research and found that;

St KILDA SELLS NEWSPAPERS !!

The Peanut
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
I think you'll find that the Herald Sun would have done their market research and found that;

ye - I have read umpteen complaints on here about no St Kilda news in the papers and the Filth get all the articles etc etc but this is the first time I have read someone complaining about too many Saints articles. :wink:

I am affraid you have to take the good with the bad - the media distorts the facts all the time - but so do the fans. :D

Banger2Plugger
Club Player

I truly think we are all missing the point here......

How the hell do you keep kangaroos in the top paddock - they just bound over the fence??????

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?
yipper
SS Life Member

The Peanut wrote:
Eastern wrote:

ye - I have read umpteen complaints on here about no St Kilda news in the papers and the Filth get all the articles etc etc but this is the first time I have read someone complaining about too many Saints articles. :wink:

I am affraid you have to take the good with the bad - the media distorts the facts all the time - but so do the fans. :D
Don't have any issue with St.Kilda getting some regular media - just that it seems to me that, particularly over the last 2 weeks or so, there are no other Melbourne clubs under the pump?? We have had Voss, Caro, Rohan Connolly, Jon Ralph and now Sheahan all putting in their 2 bob's worth on St.Kilda - who last time I checked were sitting 5th with 4 wins and 3 losses and still not showing their best form!! It would seem that Pies, Bombers, Kangas, Dees and Tiges are all under the pump a tad as well. How about spreading the doom and gloom to other more worthy recipients!!??