Dal Santo out of HoF game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ThomasR
Club Player

Dal Santo out of HoF game

Phew.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

thank you

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yup.
actually glad in a kinda negative way :?

as in negative for nick because he prob would have wanted to play

an extra weeks rest will be good and he can come out and get 30 touches and carve the pies into slices :D

mick13
Club Player

Great, the apprent only team able to challenge Geelong has no players playing. woot.

2 Carlton players, no Saints...

Gonna be a little less boring to watch now.

Least he can't be injured I guess...but its not like he has a history of injuries.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:Great, the apprent only team able to challenge Geelong has no players playing. woot.

2 Carlton players, no Saints...

Gonna be a little less boring to watch now.

Least he can't be injured I guess...but its not like he has a history of injuries.

On TFF they said out injured and from AFL.com

The unlucky five to miss out on final selection for the Vics are Gary Ablett, Nick Dal Santo and Brad Johnson, all forced to withdraw with injury,

mick13
Club Player

He looked alright last week...

Im sure if it was Round 8 he wouldnt have pulled out.

Ah wells.

Sainterman
Club Player

i would have thought Sam Fisher would have got a game for dream team...any reason why he didnt?

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

I used to think the same way but it should be an honour to wear the Big V

Just think guys we dont have a representative and we were touted by many as the next premiers.

Whats this saying?

Before Im 85
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Are there any rules that say if a player misses playing in the exhibition game due to injury he can't play the following week,somebody on TV was
sprouting something along those lines last week but i don't know if it's journo style bullshite

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

No rules like that now, although in the "old days" there were.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Are there any rules that say if a player misses playing in the exhibition game due to injury he can't play the following week,somebody on TV was
sprouting something along those lines last week but i don't know if it's journo style bullshite

some people in the media were talking about wether they should bring it back in

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

if he's injured or has a big concern than its a good thing... if not that's absolutely piss weak... Playing in the 150 years tribute should be an absolute honour...

Duggie
Club Player

Interesting to note that now (after injuries) we join two other clubs who do not have a rep in either team, the Tiges and the Pies.
Is this how good we really are?
Dal Santo
Joey
Lenny
Worth inclusion when you look at some chosen. :lol:

A Saint Forever!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Duggie wrote:Interesting to note that now (after injuries) we join two other clubs who do not have a rep in either team, the Tiges and the Pies.
Dal Santo
Joey
Lenny
Tiges and pies both have reps
:roll: :roll:

saint4life
ThomasR
Club Player

chook23 wrote:
Duggie wrote:Interesting to note that now (after injuries) we join two other clubs who do not have a rep in either team, the Tiges and the Pies.
Dal Santo
Joey
Lenny
Essendon and Melbourne don't though.

Not the greatest state of affairs but I really don't mind. Dal has been struggling with a shoulder injury for weeks so it's a chance for him to get it right and Roo would've played had he not done his knee last week. Lenny and S Fisher both had strong cases for inclusion. And Gram made the squad... somehow

Bit scary that Geelong have 11 reps in there but no doubt some of them will be found out. Players will look better playing in strong teams against lesser sides, but playing against a team of stars might show a few up. There's definitely a gap between us and them but nothing like the 11-0 reps figure suggests.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully when it comes to September, the extra week half of Geelongs first 22 will have played will start to affect them.

Heavy legs and poor judgement, quicker fatigue and harder rehab. More niggles and some soft tissue injuries.

Bodes well for some chopping and changing, week in week out for their list... we could really see just how good their depth is.

Same with Adelaide and their defensive line.

kalsaint
Club Player

ThomasR wrote:
chook23 wrote:
Dal Santo
Joey
Lenny
Essendon and Melbourne don't though.

Not the greatest state of affairs but I really don't mind. Dal has been struggling with a shoulder injury for weeks so it's a chance for him to get it right and Roo would've played had he not done his knee last week. Lenny and S Fisher both had strong cases for inclusion. And Gram made the squad... somehow

Bit scary that Geelong have 11 reps in there but no doubt some of them will be found out. Players will look better playing in strong teams against lesser sides, but playing against a team of stars might show a few up. There's definitely a gap between us and them but nothing like the 11-0 reps figure suggests.
Lenny should have been picked, No others mentioned here are up to it although I never understimate Luke Ball's tackling and clearance work.

There are several that may have been proposed but I have been less than impressed with in recent weeks:
Gram (toe taps and not putting his head over the ball, kicking is off this years,
Joey in recent weeks (missed tackle count is increasing and any semblance of a tag and he goes missing).

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Dal'sGal26
Club Player

Even though Dal did not play last night, he was at the game.
I asked him about his shoulder and he said he was having some troubles with it and that's why he didn't play. However he said he will definetly be playing on friday night because he's keeping his energy for the Sainters :D

i <3 the red, white and black

Sainter for LIFE!