Harves' Goal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:Yeah - if you look at the replay closely he touched the ball three times in about 4 seconds in that bit of play - and then got to receive the handball before the tackle and goal - even my wife was impressed with Harves effort and mentioned GTs media jibe - and she does not even support us!
Brilliant Harves!
Nah, they don't count as they ae all 'easy posessions'.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

super dooper wrote:Words simply cant describe the great man and how he goes about things.

That goal certainly got me fired up. As the clock runs down on his career i am savouring every little momment of brilliance like that.
I drive my young bloke mad with the constant pokes in the ribs, and "watch him run, see where he is now, he may not end up with the ball but just watch him run." Sure enough, more often than not, the Great Man ends up with it. Five sprints and 130 metres away.

And when he doesn't end up with it, he gets it on the rebound.

He is an absolute legend.

Opposition supporters are still in awe of him, as were the Tigers supporters I sat with Saturday night.

Soak it up Saints, we only have a few more seasons of him to watch and learn.

iceman
Club Player

Iceman234 wrote:Soak it up Saints, we only have a few more seasons of him to watch and learn.
:D :wink:

Saint_in_SA
Club Player

Yep, great player who has no right to be playing at this level at his age. One criticism has been his inability to kick lots of goals, particularly long ones. maybe that is why this one is being hyped up on here??

Don't get me wrong, absolute legend of the game.

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
yipper
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:That goal was the highlight of the night.
Agree much btter than the goal that got us in font again.
:roll: Gee what a sad sack you are. You can't even let ppl be happy about watching one of the greatest players the game has ever seen strut his stuff without some sarcastic remark in reply. Sainta66 is right - what has gotten into you?? It was a Harvey special and we ALL enjoyed it - even the Tiger supporters were shaking their heads in disbelief at how good this bloke is. But no - you want to pot a poster about which goal is more is exciting - you are apparently 45yo?? Well how about finding some maturity and let ppl be positive and happy about something.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
HarveysDeciple

yipper wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:That goal was the highlight of the night.
Agree much btter than the goal that got us in font again.
:roll: Gee what a sad sack you are. You can't even let ppl be happy about watching one of the greatest players the game has ever seen strut his stuff without some sarcastic remark in reply. Sainta66 is right - what has gotten into you?? It was a Harvey special and we ALL enjoyed it - even the Tiger supporters were shaking their heads in disbelief at how good this bloke is. But no - you want to pot a poster about which goal is more is exciting - you are apparently 45yo?? Well how about finding some maturity and let ppl be positive and happy about something.
I'll also stand up and say it was the highlight of the night.

and funnily enough it did put us back in front :wink: