If Kosi has to play ruck, we're screwed...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:I know this will probably sound terrible but Kosi aint a great thinker on the field.

He needs to be in a situation where all he has to focus on is getting the ball or manning up. He hasn't had the time developing as a ruckman to beat A grade ruckman.

I agree CHB would be a better role.

There's a big beanpole at Freo whose coming out of contract and I reckon we should morgage the house and go after him. King will be handy for a season or two when fit, Gardiner is long shot and after that the best we have is 'potential' or step ladders. We need an A grade ruckman in the prime of their career and we should go all out to get one.
Who?? Sandilands?? Or Warnock??
sandi would be good for us. lol

trade CJ & raph for him....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:I know this will probably sound terrible but Kosi aint a great thinker on the field.

He needs to be in a situation where all he has to focus on is getting the ball or manning up. He hasn't had the time developing as a ruckman to beat A grade ruckman.

There's a big beanpole at Freo whose coming out of contract and I reckon we should morgage the house and go after him. King will be handy for a season or two when fit, Gardiner is long shot and after that the best we have is 'potential' or step ladders. We need an A grade ruckman in the prime of their career and we should go all out to get one.
We are not going to have any space in the salary cap next year unless we trade a high paying player which I would doubt so chances of getting Sandilands are very low. Warnock could be returning to Melbourne to play with his brother next year from what I have heard.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:

We are not going to have any space in the salary cap next year unless we trade a high paying player which I would doubt so chances of getting Sandilands are very low. Warnock could be returning to Melbourne to play with his brother next year from what I have heard.
Sounds pretty accurate. After all, Demons only have an ageing Jeff White in the ruck... Warnock seems to have a fair bit more potential than Jamar.

The Saints are coming!
saintjake
Club Player

my mates and i watched kosi in the dying stages of the match,
and he did NOTHING.
ran off simmonds, to no where, looked lost.
he didnt have a clue
when he went on we got the goal
but then he came straight back on
and we fell apart again
i dont no what happend
he was so promising.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I seriously think Kosi is really out of form and lacking in confidence. He played his best footy at CHB back in 03 before numerous injury problems, but apart from a couple of big games since then, has never really taken a great step forward and played to what I think is his potential. He is not crashing packs as he used to, and not taking confident pack marks... it worries me a bit. He is not a natural ruckman and his recovery at ground level is not great, so all I can think is that he parks in the forward pocket, and we play a smaller FF..no room for Gehrig in my team.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

I think we need to keep in mind that before all the time he missed with injury, Simmonds had been dominating as a ruckman 2nd only to Dean Cox. He was outleaping Kosi significantly, so with the bouncing of the ball being uncharacteristically good, it's really not that much of a surprise that Simmonds was the dominant ruckman whenever the 2 went head to head.

Provided Kosi learns from the experience, the time he's spending in the middle will be valuable to him.

That said, we really need Gardiner and/or King to be able to spend more time on the ground than occurred on Saturday. All well and good to spend some time learning against the best, but being towelled up at any key position has a big impact on the scoreboard.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Kosi to CHB...fullstop.
He is not a ruckman, and any stat you want to look at will back that up.
And I cant believe that with so many posters singing his praises here, why is no one calling for McEvoy to be brought in against collingwood. It would have been suicidal against PA in the ruck, so I see this as his big chance.

Seeya
starsign
Club Player

why is no one calling for McEvoy to be brought in against collingwood
possably 'cos RL said yesreday he's in the mix and "ready"for inclusion

a bit early in the fortnight too, with cloud over Kozi, possable King return and an intresting situation as to the G selection