Give it your hearts and minds, boys

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Give it your hearts and minds, boys

I think it's time that we stopped talking about Top 4, Finals and Premierships.

The reality is that we have won one premiership in over 100 years. It's bloody hard!!

Each player has two arms and two legs but most importantly...a brain and a heart.

The heart will determine what the body does and the brain will determine how the body will act, both will create spirit and motivation.

I think it's time that the boys bleed Red, White and Black. A win can be one tackle, one effective possession, one shepherd, one smother, one mark. When you break it down, a win is the sum of all of the parts and the boys need to think in the simplest way. Ask yourself, "How can I help us to win the next contest?" Once they start doing that, they will be on the way.

It's been a long time since I have seen that toughness and relentless grunt that was St. Kilda in 2004 and 2005. Players put their bodies on the line. We got injuries but we also gave it 100%.

There are definitely players putting in 100% but it needs 100% effort from 100% of the players for 100% of the game. It is a mind set. Play for the moment. Win each quarter. 10 points per quarter is a 40 point win.

I still think we are capable of anything and it is not panic stations yet, Geelong were 3-3 last year,....but if we do not start to turn it around now, we will be effected down the track.

Play above the shoulders and with no regrets boys, and your supporters will be happy.

yipper
SS Life Member

Get on the bus....all of you. 4 quarters of tough disciplined football. Every week. Work together, become mentally stronger - believe in yourselves.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

indeedydo...

The theme (or threat) should be to extract the digit, or risk getting traded due to the change in the draft with the new team inclusions.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
starsign
Club Player

and if forms any indication our opposition this Sat will be doing just that!

(As sure as Harves forsook many goal scoring opportunities by shoving them down Pluggers throat!)

We might look much better on paper than the Tigers ....but!

the Guru says... Champion TEAM , will always beat a team of champions
(think about that!)

aside: I love to use that Plugger bit when I hear Harves being criticised for goals kicked over his career....we know better!

fingers
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:.. forsook..
??? :shock:

NeXus James

We will beat Richmond by 45 points and Gehrig will kick 6 goals 3 points.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

NeXus James wrote:We will beat Richmond by 45 points and Gehrig will kick 6 goals 3 points.
....and you are the Weakest Link

Goodbye!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

nexus helen, nexus nick, nexus james...im starting to slowly see a theme here.

we are one....but we are many!!!!

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

the only fault i could find with Roo's B&F speach was the fact he said they were all on the bus towards a flag ... a bus ? a bus has lots of passengers and one driver i would much rather Roo said we were on a march as when you are marching everyone is putting in the effort there are no passengers just do'ers .

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
NeXus James

Dan Warna wrote:nexus helen, nexus nick, nexus james...im starting to slowly see a theme here.

we are one....but we are many!!!!
Can you please tell me why I was banned? I re-reistered because I did not know any other way to contact Saintsational.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

yep, i too hope the boys are fired up on saturday. I think they should have some music just to pump them up a bit!!! Maybe Saturday is alright for fighting-Elton John?

Go saints in '09!
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

NeXus James wrote:Can you please tell me why I was banned? I re-reistered because I did not know any other way to contact Saintsational.
Gross, repeated stupidity of mind-numbing proportions I suspect. And the fact you are a sad-sack troll might have a bit to do with it too.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Good luck Ross.

starsign
Club Player

starsign wrote:
.. forsook..

forsook ...forsaken !

if you mistook something i wrote then your mistaken !
all the same M8

I'm on the bus and making it up as I go a long ...hop on!
anyway i was an art techer not English!