Fraze and Arthritis

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Duggie
Club Player

Fraze and Arthritis

Frazer's hands are shown clearly at practice in today's "Age".
The left hand looks very suspect to me (note the little finger)
But then there would be many players in senior ranks whose hands bear the marks of injuries. Injuries can cause arthritis.
What puzzles me is that he must have had the condition for some time during which he has turned in some great games. :lol:

A Saint Forever!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I can remember Thomas praising Gehrig for his ability to play through pain.
Pity a few supporters dont give him due praise & cut him the same slack.
He has been the most influential forward at StKilda since Lockett.
And still has heaps to offer the club

Seeya
yipper
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote:I can remember Thomas praising Gehrig for his ability to play through pain.

Absolutely.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
BallBanger
Club Player

yipper wrote:
sunsaint wrote:I can remember Thomas praising Gehrig for his ability to play through pain.

Absolutely.
The guy is 6' 5" built like a tank but plays like a girl...and you admire that?

He is so frightened of getting hurt, won't attack the ball/pack finds someone to hide behind when he should be chasing and every week he has an injury excuse

Even joffaboy (now he sees our list is weak) would agree it was a dumb move taking him back...should have taken a kid...but they are the experts

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Fraser hasn't been a good mark since 2004.

His hands since then have been pretty weak.

The stupid thing, is that the club knew this. But our opponents didn't. They still put the wrestling defender on him and played him as a big marking forward. Which he hasn't been for some time.

The reason it is stupid, is that we as a club has still tried to play him as a big marking forward too.

He's not.

He's basically a great leading forward who is generally a very good kick. He doesn't create many crumbs and doesn't contest pack marks.

Yet when a Mal Michael or a Brian Lake goes to him, we still seem to play him as a marking forward. Once a big defender goes to Gehrig, the ball should have instantly been in our court.

We haven't used Gehrig well since 2004.

aussiejones
Club Player

"like a tank but plays like a girl"

I have never seen such a menacing looking player avoid physical contact so often..... A big unit who pulls out at the last minute......
No one is REALLY afraid of him IMO

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Pity a few supporters here dont cut him some slack...If he takes the opposition key defender every time he plays he has done a job.

Seeya
The Peanut
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:Fraser hasn't been a good mark since 2004.

His hands since then have been pretty weak.

The stupid thing, is that the club knew this. But our opponents didn't. They still put the wrestling defender on him and played him as a big marking forward. Which he hasn't been for some time.

The reason it is stupid, is that we as a club has still tried to play him as a big marking forward too.

He's not.

He's basically a great leading forward who is generally a very good kick. He doesn't create many crumbs and doesn't contest pack marks.

Yet when a Mal Michael or a Brian Lake goes to him, we still seem to play him as a marking forward. Once a big defender goes to Gehrig, the ball should have instantly been in our court.

We haven't used Gehrig well since 2004.
... some good points here.

Although we have been too slow bringing in the ball, the forward stategies/structure appears to be chaotic, and it's not for a lack of work/skills by most. I don't know enough to point fingers but it seems to be worse since Kosy came back - does the forward coach really know anything? - we should be kicking arse.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

sunsaint wrote:
Pity a few supporters here dont cut him some slack...If he takes the opposition key defender every time he plays he has done a job.
So when he played against Geelong, and took Scarlett did he do his job?

No, Scarlett ripped us apart, put in a BOG performance, while Gehrig sat back and watched.

How bout when he played on Lake, and lake didn't 'dominate' but was about 5 times better then Gehrig was.

I honestly can't believe people want him to be recalled, he couldn't kick a goal for casey...didn't show anything while he was in the AFL.

If Milne had played for Casey, and not scored a goal and had about 8 kicks, would you want him back?