sky news- Max and Matt made up

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbart
Club Player

I can also stick up for Goose. He was at out Junior footy club just last week and was very professional with the boys. I coach one of the sides and he took the time to talk to me and the boys and take over on one of the drills I was doing.

I seriously doubt some posters credibility on here, when comments are made to the contary. Not signing an autograph does not mean he is up himself.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Re: rudeplayers maybe angry fans definitly

always a saint wrote:I have been scanning the topics posted today and feel the supporters
frustrations ..everything is now personal and overscrutinised......this
journey has no destination ..........i want to enjoy my football again HELP
YES YES YES! I want that enjoyment back. NEVER did I think I would have to nearly drag myself off the couch to go to a game. And NEVER have I felt disappointment and frustration after a win.

markp
Saintsational Legend

You really think Max would go ballistic at someone like that he respected?... Do you really think they're all 'good blokes' and 'good mates'?

It's all bulltish, a friend of mine went to the wedding of a well known footballer last year and not one of his then team-mates were there... heard on the radio later that week that they were all there. Fiction.

It's just like any other work place at St Kilda.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

get a friggin grip id be telling most photographers to get f**ked too.
i met him over here, he signed my stuff and i told him he had a great game, he said thanks mate and kept signing stuff for kids and other fans, laughing and very cheerful

why the f*** am i even bothering to type what attitude i think goose has i have no friggin idea.

maysiemoo

i remember from saints radio.. dont they call max, like sgt pepper or something like that.. because the guy can get a bit hot under the colar .. or sometimes take things too serious?

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Well I stick up for Goose and say I have met him about 10 times at various places and he has always seemed like a nice guy.
I've met Goose once and concur with plugger66 !!
Yep I met Matt outside of the club a few years back and again early last year.

Was a terrific bloke both times, very genuine.

HarveysDeciple

saintdooley wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:how is he rude Dooley? Didnt give you a autograph or something? Jeez. I mean unless your hanging out having coffee with him, how the hell can you make that presumption?
trust me. he is a rude guy!
he has told many people that i know to get f***ed.
my little sister treats him like Jesus and was too scared to get him to sign his jumper once, i asked if he can do it, and he said he isnt signing any of my s***! was it just me because im a 16 year old male and i shouldnt be asking for autographs and photos any more, or is he a prick?
and dont even get 'Maxfactor' started on him, her and I DO NOT LIKE him!
RUDE PLAYER!
So after one meeting you decided he is rude. Well he must be then. Give us a rundown of everyone one else you have met once so we can get to know our players. And he just walks up to your friends and tells them to get F**ed. Sounds right to me.
i never said he walked up to my friends and told them to get f***ed. thats totally different to what i said. i said he has TOLD many people i know to get f***ed.
e.g, photographer, and Casey trainer when he was playing with them round 1!
reading between the lines, and going by my understanding im sure there was much more to it then something simply rude.....I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

markp wrote:You really think Max would go ballistic at someone like that he respected?... Do you really think they're all 'good blokes' and 'good mates'?
Don't know Max, don't know Goose. Know them both by reputation only, and yes, I can imagine Max going ballistic at Goose and being mates again after the game. I have no idea if this is or isn't the case, and whether Max or Goose is popular or ostracised other than the old stories which would have Goose as a central member of the inner clique.

Frankly, I don't care. I am happy that Max is frustrated with the way the Saints are playing, and if it leads to Maguire playing better, that can only be a good thing.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
spert
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure they are all pretty good blokes, but Max as a senior player should not carry on like he did with Goose in the incident-a quiet word in the ear is just as effective from one of your more experienced players..just shows me the lack of leadership and discipline at the moment when your senior players resort to spit-the dummy behaviour. Max better play a blinder against Richmond.