sky news- Max and Matt made up

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

sky news- Max and Matt made up

Interview at Linen house oval with max and matt from today

saw this when I was out for tea but they had the sound turned down- glad they are reshowing it

7.40 and saying coming up- during sports report on sky news- 601 here
Last edited by saintbrat on Mon 28 Apr 2008 9:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

yup
watched it thanks bratty!
very interesting.
max was asked why he did it and he said its all a bit of frustration but at the end of the day the team is a team and they are all mates and they have to look after one and other.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:yup
watched it thanks bratty!
very interesting.
max was asked why he did it and he said its all a bit of frustration but at the end of the day the team is a team and they are all mates and they have to look after one and other.
Hope that sticks a rocket up some of the players.

Agreed its not good as an individual incident....But if it motivates some of the players (maguire being the unlucky reciepitant*) then overall it should provide some positive output.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

The way I see it is who cares if feelings are hurt, everybody may get along great now but it's not getting results.

At the moment there are players who are doing what is required and then some, then there are those who aren't, I think the team needs to reassess where they are at and ask the tough questions...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

going off topic a bit.
but was that Tredra who took that mark when Max got angry? and did he kick the goal?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Yes, and yes.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:The way I see it is who cares if feelings are hurt, everybody may get along great now but it's not getting results.

At the moment there are players who are doing what is required and then some, then there are those who aren't, I think the team needs to reassess where they are at and ask the tough questions...
There's a time & place for everything. If a few home truths need to be told, they need to be told behind closed (Corinthian-Jeld Wen) doors !!

markp
Saintsational Legend

Just because they were made to come out, shake hands, smile and make nice for the cameras doesn't mean anything. Howard and Costello did it for years... they may hate each other's guts for all we know. They're all mates?... What are the odds?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Sack Max!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Sack Max!
your joking right?
if i bumped into goose in the streets thats exactly what i would do o him! he is a rude guy who doesnt deserve a spot in our side at the moment!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
perfectionist wrote:Sack Max!
your joking right?
if i bumped into goose in the streets thats exactly what i would do o him! he is a rude guy who doesnt deserve a spot in our side at the moment!

If you bumped into you would yell at him. Give me a break hero.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

how is he rude Dooley? Didnt give you a autograph or something? Jeez. I mean unless your hanging out having coffee with him, how the hell can you make that presumption?

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:how is he rude Dooley? Didnt give you a autograph or something? Jeez. I mean unless your hanging out having coffee with him, how the hell can you make that presumption?
trust me. he is a rude guy!
he has told many people that i know to get f***ed.
my little sister treats him like Jesus and was too scared to get him to sign his jumper once, i asked if he can do it, and he said he isnt signing any of my s***! was it just me because im a 16 year old male and i shouldnt be asking for autographs and photos any more, or is he a prick?
and dont even get 'Maxfactor' started on him, her and I DO NOT LIKE him!
RUDE PLAYER!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Dooley is right on the mark.

Goose is up himself.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:how is he rude Dooley? Didnt give you a autograph or something? Jeez. I mean unless your hanging out having coffee with him, how the hell can you make that presumption?
my little sister treats him like Jesus and was too scared to get him to sign his jumper once, i asked if he can do it, and he said he isnt signing any of my s***! was it just me because im a 16 year old male and i shouldnt be asking for autographs and photos any more, or is he a prick?
RUDE PLAYER!
So after one meeting you decided he is rude. Well he must be then. Give us a rundown of everyone one else you have met once so we can get to know our players. And he just walks up to your friends and tells them to get F**ed. Sounds right to me.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Well thats sad to hear, seems like such a affable young chap :D

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Unfortunately, I can attest..... Maguire has for a long time had a real chip on his shoulder.... the least respected player on our list IMHO....

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
Zippy
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
Armoooo wrote:The way I see it is who cares if feelings are hurt, everybody may get along great now but it's not getting results.

There's a time & place for everything. If a few home truths need to be told, they need to be told behind closed (Corinthian-Jeld Wen) doors !!
That would be ideal, but the sporting field is an emotional place. I've seen this kind of thing happen even at social levels, and you generally get over it pretty quickly.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

least respected by fans or players?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Well I stick up for Goose and say I have met him about 10 times at various places and he has always seemed like a nice guy.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Well I stick up for Goose and say I have met him about 10 times at various places and he has always seemed like a nice guy.
I've met Goose once and concur with plugger66 !!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
RUDE PLAYER!
So after one meeting you decided he is rude. Well he must be then. Give us a rundown of everyone one else you have met once so we can get to know our players. And he just walks up to your friends and tells them to get F**ed. Sounds right to me.
i never said he walked up to my friends and told them to get f***ed. thats totally different to what i said. i said he has TOLD many people i know to get f***ed.
e.g, photographer, and Casey trainer when he was playing with them round 1!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I think people have to understand players are human and you can catch them on a off day. If I imagine myself in their position, under pressure all the time, I could imagine myself being unintentionally rude sometimes, though I know Im not a rude person 90% of the time

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

He is up himself!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
always a saint

rudeplayers maybe angry fans definitly

I have been scanning the topics posted today and feel the supporters
frustrations ..everything is now personal and overscrutinised......this
journey has no destination ..........i want to enjoy my football again HELP