?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

?

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 8:56am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 22,00.html

Club presidents yesterday voted unanimously for an expansion of the AFL with two more clubs, on the Gold Coast and in Sydney's west""(written on march 14)

St.Kenny
Club Player

I certainly didnt. I still say Kangaroos to Gold Coast and Demons to West Sydney. Apart from their name is there anything really tying them to Melbourne.......clearly not the supporters....

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:I certainly didnt. I still say Kangaroos to Gold Coast and Demons to West Sydney. Apart from their name is there anything really tying them to Melbourne.......clearly not the supporters....
I don't think these moves are off the agenda (behind the scenes anyway).

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 8:55am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i agree with 18 being to many.
should have got rid of the NAB cup years ago...(what a joke that is)
and everyone plays each other twice (once at home and once away), expand the playing list and put 6 or even 7 blokes on the bench to help with the longer season and any injuries.
32 rounds of footy!
u beauty!

markp
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote: 18 teams is too many.
Too many notes Mozart! :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2 more shops on the strip. (18 teams)

aussierules0k wrote:Here we have 16 shops competing for business. Over many years they have, struggled to pay the rent, hung tight during the bad times and attempted to stock their shelves with the best goods they can find.

Now the owner of the strip has decided to build 2 new shops right in the middle of the others. The 2 new shops will be given concessions for years to come. But wait.... where will they get their stock to sell? The owner of the strip like any good gangster would, has demanded the other shops give up part of their stock... and not the crappy stuff.

We can worry about our Saints all we like, but I've yet to see or hear many complaints regarding this. It's inflation, a watering down of the brand.

As a kid, I slept at night knowing... 12 teams.... 4or5 make finals... we can do it. My passion is worth it, we can win the flag. With 18 teams... we might as well give up.

Many are calling for the team to show passion on the field, we should be demanding an even playing field for our players.

I'd like to see the list of which clubs voted for the 18 teams and which didn't. Can anyone post it?
I dont understand your part about 4-5 making the finals out of 12 and thinking we were a chance but when 8 out of 18 can make it, it is to many. The % is more of chance to make it now than back then. As for winning the flag we couldnt do it with 4, 9, 14, 16 and did it once with 12 so less teams has never helped us, maybe with more we may win it.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote:Well the fools have shot themselves in the foot.

I'm not saying this wont help the league as a whole, but it wont help my Saints chances of winning a flag. How many supporters will turn away when they realize this? Check out the threads/posts all about the fundamental goal of Winning the Flag. It's the only reason we play/support. It's not to play finals every few years. Even with 16 teams it's near impossible. Finals are usually interstate for starters.

18 teams is too many.
Good argument :roll:

So i'm assuming your best idea would be to reduce the amount of teams to 4, so that they all make the finals. We're bound to win a GF then!!!!

Sure it'd be really great to watch as well :roll:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

18 is fine with me.

Will be even more sweeter when we do win one.

And it will force clubs to cull poor performers who have been allowed to linger for too long.

We should be busting our asses to win premierships. Why we're not, I'm not sure.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.