max n goose incident

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

max wasnt the only one who gave him a spray....
a few choice words came from my mouth as well.....

goose has seriously lost the standard needed to play at afl level
previous injury or not.....the poor bloke just cant seem to get into it

ratismeat
Club Player

In all honesty the game was pretty much going down the toilet by then anyway - i don't think some kind, constructive, gentlemanly words were going to help. At least Max looked like he wanted a win, Goose looked stoned.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

'bout the only ounce of passion I saw all night.

But it really shouldn't get to that. Most are right, it sends a pretty pathetic message to the opposition.

But If it had to be done, it had to be done.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Good on Max! All his efforts over the years are going to go in veign unfortunatly.

Maguire is finished as a footballer at this level. If someone is stupid enough to give us a trade at years end then we snaffle it up,don't think they'll be that stupid but

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Max going crook at someone because his opponent took a mark? That would be right. Time for Max to think of the team and not just himself - too old - should give it away - never been any good anyway. Can't kick or mark or handball. Just no good. Bye Max.

lovin_dal_santo
SS Hall of Fame

Loved it! Max has been playing the game long enough (and playing the game well enough) to hand out a spray when he feels justified. In Matty's defence, probably couldn't have done much else in the situation, but Max is our most senior defender and has a right to criticise when he sees fit.

I am sure neither of them have any hard feelings today.

(To those saying Matt is finished, he snapped his leg in half.. it took Nathan Brown a very long time to recover.. he will be fine!)

Robert Harvey
What else do we need?
starsign
Club Player

max n goose incident

(To those saying Matt is finished, he snapped his leg in half.. it took Nathan Brown a very long time to recover.. he will be fine!)

we have been playing one man short down back since Goose returned
Hope your right with the Brown c/f but its time he was put into the magoos
and one thing i wil say about GT he didnt tolerate blokes not putting in
Capuano!!!
Goose wasnt the only one who should have been awarded an Anzac medal for going missing in action , but enough is enough for him!

westy
Club Player

How many players gave Max a public tongue lashing every time he screwed up week after week a couple of years ago? Nobody!! I love Max like a son, but to behave like that in front of his team mates is unprofessional particularly when Goose obviously isn't fit. It is just a relief that such a disgraceful effort at playing football did not get wide TV coverage. And as for that horrible jumper. What mental cripple designed that?

I'm livin' in a madhouse
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Max going crook at someone because his opponent took a mark? That would be right. Time for Max to think of the team and not just himself - too old - should give it away - never been any good anyway. Can't kick or mark or handball. Just no good. Bye Max.
Maguire let Tredrea stand still by himself inside 50 and take an uncontested mark. If that doesn't warrant a spray for a defender then I don't know what does.

asiu

I think Goose should listen to anything Max Hudghton has to say.
ditto

i loved it

max is

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I think there should be an emergency meeting this week, Harvey, Hudghton, Burke, Leowe and Frawley need to put these boys in their place, make them realise that premierships aren't just a matter of when.

If they are not willing to put in that little bit more after hearing from those guys they don't deserve a flag.

Last night I saw Port Adelaide give a rabble countless oppurtunities to steal a win, they were jumping into each other, hitting the post from 15m out, shanking kicks into the centre, being cleaned bowled in the goal square. Yet we had at least 16 players out there who didn't care about winning. It is just not good enough, I would rather see 16 VFL hacks out there being completely outclassed as long as they put in 100%, the last few weeks we have had absolutely no passion and no pride in the jumper, I think we may have to take off the St.Kilda badge for a few weeks until they earn it back :evil: :evil:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Saints43
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:
perfectionist wrote:Max going crook at someone because his opponent took a mark? That would be right. Time for Max to think of the team and not just himself - too old - should give it away - never been any good anyway. Can't kick or mark or handball. Just no good. Bye Max.
Maguire let Tredrea stand still by himself inside 50 and take an uncontested mark. If that doesn't warrant a spray for a defender then I don't know what does.
Max had left Motlop. Max's oppenent at the time to try and cover Tredrea.

Tredrea was Goose's opponent.

Notice that Goose didn't say a word...

perfectionist... hilarious.

MikeSheahan
Club Player

If you look closely at the replay, it clearly shows that Maguire in fact shot the first words out. Not a great display by the two defenders, and should've been kept for the dressing room. Ross Lyon would'nt be too happy with it.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Well today on the flight home Maxy and goose were infront of me and they were fine so i think it was a spr of the moment

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
mischa
Club Player

Definitely spur of the moment-just general frustration with the way we're playing. We need to take a leaf out of WB, Hawthorn and Geelong playbooks. Still it'll give plenty of ammo to Carolying Wilting and Robert Scumbag on their respective programs to bag the crap out of Goose (again) and probably blame him for the loss :roll: Smirking twits.

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Well today on the flight home Maxy and goose were infront of me and they were fine so i think it was a spr of the moment
from what I have observed- generally the team are better at seeing the big picture and realising that pressure brings reactions

and for those who haven't seen the exchnge-it doesn't show the lead up - there is vision on foxsports

http://video2.foxsports.com.au/video.ph ... 52&id=7174

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
groupie1
Club Player

guy keeps asking when it was

I think it was in the third quarter

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
your momma
Club Player

I would be that frustrated if i was max at that point at the game

focusing on Max, not Goose atm...great to see max with some instructions and spray a wake up call for his teamates, hes a great leadership player, which Goose will learn from, especially after he completely recoveres from his injury.

i noticed Goddard was doing a bit of instructon ordering good to see (not in Max's behaviour tho)

"Im never satisfied...its a curse"
your momma
Club Player

O_o

"Im never satisfied...its a curse"
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

if you are being serious, then i think its about time you gave it away

bye

:roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
WaggaSaint
Club Player

Given that Goose isn't 100% at the moment, what does everyone think of throwing him up forward next week?
Kosi is going to be needed in the ruck, maybe some time up forward so that he can get his hands on it a bit himself, might do him the world of good.
We all know the lad is capable of taking a big grab and is a great kick. Would do his confidence a great help, and also mix up the forward line a bit since it isn't working at the moment.

The spray - justified, but unprofessional. Proves that we're certainly not playing as a team at the moment.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Have you always been this stupid, or have you reached new heights?