Wet game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

This is one of those defining games for our season. Port has been our big bogey team, so if we win to make top four a win is essential.

To beat them there in bad weather would lift morale belief and get some momentum going.

If we lose bad, than we will be just making up the numbers in the 8.

Milne
Club Player

Sam23 wrote:

I simply can't see us winning tonight
it's gonna be pretty hard to win tonight if we're not even playing until tomorrow night :lol:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:crikey ive joined a retirement forum!!!!
:P
Yeah and I forgot to mention, petrol was 39c a litre.

your momma
Club Player

i recall the saints having played pretty decent footy in the wet, considering our small players in advantage too...

as long as we lead a head start in the 1q by as much as possible b4 it rains, Port will b screwed.

"Im never satisfied...its a curse"
esaint66
SS Life Member

your momma wrote:as long as we lead a head start in the 1q by as much as possible b4 it rains, Port will b screwed.

From what i remember thats what won us the game against sydney in 06, when it stopped raining for a period of time we made the most of it and from what i saw of port against the lions in the wet as soon as it started to rain they lost the lead, the game and the plot and that was on their home ground against the lions and we are a better side (normally) than the lions.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Straight from BOM
"Cool to cold and showery. Thunder possible and small hail likely during the
evening. Fresh to strong southwest winds easing to moderate to fresh during the
evening"

Should be a ripping game! Bring in all the smalls,drop the talls. Don't think Kosi has ever been serviceable in the wet,give him a spell

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Don't like our chances I'm sorry to say. With our disposal by foot shocking already, the wet will compound it even further. Port to me seems a team ideally suited to wet weather footy, especially their attack on the football. Also our bogey side, and in better form than their record suggests. Hopes not too high, but would be ecstatic with a victory of any ilk.

Saint_in_SA
Club Player

yep get rid of the tall timber and put Geary in. He is in my DT too! Give Kosi or Goose a rest......

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Port had the game against Brisbane two weeks ago in the bag...

...until the heavens opened up

Hopefully they will lack some confidence in the wet and we should capatalise on that. We have plenty of players who can play strong wet weather football - last year's game was a poor indicator, we had two injuries during the match and had plenty of others on the sidelines.

Port has only managed to beat a hapless West Coast outfit this year, even still they allowed the Eagles to kick away in the last quarter. True they have played considerably better than their record suggests but they dont know how to win at the moment.

Saints two goals. Three if its wet.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Saints

In: M. Dwyer.