Any AISLE 32-ers on this forum?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

esaint66
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:Solution for you Newman

Hold it up in front of your face.

If there is nothing to see, then you won't miss anything.

And others who want to see, can.

I think hes solved it.

That is unless newman you are one of those people that makes a banner so you can be on tv or something like that (doesnt sound it so im not accusin you :lol: )

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:02am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Newman,keep holding up your banner FFS! If it's blocking 6% of some 'wowsers' vision of a game that's already finished,tell them to get stuffed. The club needs more supporters like you with passion and add a sense of colour to a once loud army. These days half of them are precious spoilt little roof dwellers who wouldn't know atmosphere if it bit them on the ass! Seriously the last 3-4 years the noise at our games from our supporters is pathetic. The animal cage culture is now long gone,and the level two corporate box- sushi eating culture has taken over.

That game the other week against the dogs was an embarrassment,the dogs made 20 times more noise! The dogs FFS! One of the smallest noiseless crowds there is. We were once the angry mob down at Moorabbin to now the one's who acccept bad umpiring without a cry,what happened to the angry roar!?

The game is being diluted into netball rapidly,Newman keep holding up your banner, if they don't like a bit of passion after a victory then the AFL have succeded in ruining the game
I love it how people take the high moral ground whenever they can....But sensible people will know that put in that particular situation, everyone would be somewhat annoyed.

I love it.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
jonesy wrote:Newman,keep holding up your banner FFS! If it's blocking 6% of some 'wowsers' vision of a game that's already finished,tell them to get stuffed. The club needs more supporters like you with passion and add a sense of colour to a once loud army. These days half of them are precious spoilt little roof dwellers who wouldn't know atmosphere if it bit them on the ass! Seriously the last 3-4 years the noise at our games from our supporters is pathetic. The animal cage culture is now long gone,and the level two corporate box- sushi eating culture has taken over.

That game the other week against the dogs was an embarrassment,the dogs made 20 times more noise! The dogs FFS! One of the smallest noiseless crowds there is. We were once the angry mob down at Moorabbin to now the one's who acccept bad umpiring without a cry,what happened to the angry roar!?

The game is being diluted into netball rapidly,Newman keep holding up your banner, if they don't like a bit of passion after a victory then the AFL have succeded in ruining the game
I love it how people take the high moral ground whenever they can....But sensible people will know that put in that particular situation, everyone would be somewhat annoyed.

I love it.

quigs
Club Player

Newman
I sit some rows back from you in Isle 32.
I will be quite blunt here because its the internet and its easy :)

Newman at first (a season or Two ago?) your banner annoyed me, you did put it up too close to the end of the game and it stopped me from seeing the players celebrate or commiserate. You coped a bit of flack and to your credit you modified your actions, you waited longer to put it up and I think even went into the isle.
Fact is the banner is very big and it does obstruct views of many people behind you. My opinion was you were trying to get on the TV, Which in fact you did at least once that i saw.

As I said at first I was annoyed as well.

However....... having watched you for a while and the flack you have copped I've warmed to you. The guy that gives you the most grief is an arrogant Knob! So now I enjoy the fact that you piss him off :-)

I love the effort you put into barracking for the saints, i loved the time you dressed as Sainter Claus and gave lollies out, Its characters like you who make going to the footy fun. I just hope you dont give lollies out at the park in your spare time!

Keep your Color, Keep your passion, start some chants, you have the character to make us laugh.
Bottom line, Your banner is to big and does annoy many behind you.
reconsider it.
However in the mean time I will enjoy you pissing off BIG NOSE! :-)
Also if he Gets to pissed off and causes you any grief I'll be down to back you up!

Quigs

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Soft mollycoddled kids of today..fair dinkum..a SIGN n front of you for a cpl of minutes after a game. What is the footy supporting world coming to??

Its just as well that a few of you werent supporting the Saints in the days when you..

* GOT WET if it rained..and it did most weeks

* If you stood behind the goals, you risked a footy in the head during warm up...no nets. You also got to take "spekkies" once in a while, which gave you massive bragging rights at school on Monday

* If you were in the CS, you walked around the boundary at 1/2 time with a huge blanket as a fund-raiser, risking losing an eye from a stray coin as it flew over the fence. Part of this walk included being right in front of the opposition CS

* Young fellas scurried under your feet (in the wet!) towards the end of a game to collect aluminium beer cans

* Dont worry about a flag at games end, who could forget the unforgettable feeling of those golf umbrellas being collapsed around you, sending a litre of water down the back of your neck. THey could also obscure a game..thats right the actual GAME while its in progress ...better than any flag or sign

...and I havent even touched on the toilets!!

I reckon that wristband that Carlton are handing around could well be leant to a few on here

HARDEN UP PEOPLE ITS NOT THE FREAKING OPERA!!!!!!!

Oh..what DOES annoy me are people who insist on pushing past me to their seat while there is a contest on!!!! Surely you can wait in the aisle or at your seat til a ball up or stop play? Let me tell you, in the MCC Members during the cricket its a huge unwritten rule to only move along rows at the end of an over

Surely your thirst, hunger or bladder can wait til the ball goes out of bounds or the umpire bounces it??

Due warning to anyone who tries it on Level 3 Aisle 35 row F..myself and my erstwile seating companions are just itching to tip someone down 6 rows and over the edge :-)

Last edited by saint66au on Thu 24 Apr 2008 10:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Soft mollycoddled kids of today..fair dinkum..a SIGN n front of you for a cpl of minutes after a game. What is the footy supporting world coming to??

Its just as well that a few of you werent supporting the Saints in the days when you..

* GOT WET if it rained..and it did most weeks

* If you stood behind the goals, you risked a footy in the head during warm up...no nets. You also got to take "spekkies" once in a while, which gave you massive bragging rights at school on Monday

* If you were in the CS, you walked around the boundary at 1/2 time with a huge blanket as a fund-raiser, risking losing an eye from a stray coin as it flew over the fence. Part of this walk included being right in front of the opposition CS

* Young fellas scurried under your feet (in the wet!) towards the end of a game to collect aluminium beer cans

* Dont worry about a flag at games end, who could forget the unforgettable feeling of those golf umbrellas being collapsed around you, sending a litre of water down the back of your neck. THey could also obscure a game..thats right the actual GAME while its in progress ...better than any flag or sign

...and I havent even touched on the toilets!!

I reckon that wristband that Carlton are handing around could well be leant to a few on here

HARDEN UP PEOPLE ITS NOT THE FREAKING OPERA!!!!!!!

As if you wouldn't be annoyed if an item clearly obstructed your view.

Reconsider your arguments....Because clearly they arn't relevant. Its got nothing to do with being soft.

You go to the footy. You cant see. You get annoyed.

Extra especially that we are discussing about reserved seats. With someone obstructing your view, your vision, your ability to watch the game or the after match celebrations, each week.

So don't describe people as soft....when deep down inside, you'd be pretty annoyed sitting there too.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:01am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Newman
Club Player

Appreciate the feedback. Thanks for your comments Quigs - very balanced and you are in the area of fans that would be affected. So I take your viewpoint more seriously. Hey ... and you remembered the Sainta Clause costume! It was worth wearing as that year I got the gig as Sainta Claus at the club's Xmas Twilight get together.

As I stated in a later comment - being based in Brisbane I just ain't got the bread to attend every match - so I probably will only be at the Dome for 3 more home games. So that's good news for 'Big Nose' and any others that might be upset by the banner - which I'm now thinking of donating to the cheer squad (if they're interested).

Anyone see that episode of Seinfeld with Elaine's boyfriend Puddy supporting his ice hockey team .... now there's a great barracking idea!!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Newman wrote:Appreciate the feedback. Thanks for your comments Quigs - very balanced and you are in the area of fans that would be affected. So I take your viewpoint more seriously. Hey ... and you remembered the Sainta Clause costume! It was worth wearing as that year I got the gig as Sainta Claus at the club's Xmas Twilight get together.

As I stated in a later comment - being based in Brisbane I just ain't got the bread to attend every match - so I probably will only be at the Dome for 3 more home games. So that's good news for 'Big Nose' and any others that might be upset by the banner - which I'm now thinking of donating to the cheer squad (if they're interested).

Anyone see that episode of Seinfeld with Elaine's boyfriend Puddy supporting his ice hockey team .... now there's a great barracking idea!!
...Face paint and all?