Change Pie game to the G

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Change Pie game to the G

Lenny_Hayes7 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
hayes4captain wrote:wouldnt it be nice if the saints could play infront of a packed MCG on a friday night and also stratch their legs and get a lungful of fresh air instead of being cooped up in the disadvantaged venue that is the TD. i think we all know that saints pies would draw a huge crowd at the G, so voice it sainters and give our boys a taste of what to expect come september
yeah, and what about the fans that have paid money for reserved seats??? :roll: :roll:

BAD IDEA!
Yeah Agree but the same can be said about the "ticketed Games" What about the people who have already spent over $150 on a membership?
Why should they be charged even more to get a seat at the dome??
Yes you have paid for your membership whilst I and others have paid for membership AND a reserved seat.

When we play Collingwood you will be paying for that reserved seat for the ONE MATCH...

Whilst others have paid for their reserved seat to EVERY HOME game up front.

I hope you can see where I am coming from...

It is OUR home game and it should be played at our HOME ground.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
hilairehinshelwood
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
Nah it's Essendon's home ground or is it the dog's, maybe North's or even Carlton's.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

hilairehinshelwood wrote:I'm sick of the many all ticket games we are getting at telstra dome at the moment. This means time and extra expense booking tickets, when you already have paid for a membership. Should be played at the G, to accomadate all those that want to see the game.
Instead of whinging about this, why not become a yearly reserved seat member like about 30 of us on the Moorabbin Wing became this year.

This year it only cost $120 for 11 games.....not bad value considering the seats go for $17 a pop per ticketed game, and it saves all the hassle you've stated.

PM Saint66au if you want a yearly reserved seat for 2009 (hope you don't mind me saying that?!)

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

hilairehinshelwood wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Nah it's Essendon's home ground or is it the dog's, maybe North's or even Carlton's.
Tell me your not serious...

IT'S OUR HOME GAME and NOT COLLINGWOODS's...

GET A FARKEN CLUE

Our home games are played at the Dome and not at Collingwood's home ground at the G...

ANY WONDER some on here don't bother posting much on here...

FAIR DINKUM...

Some PAY that extra for a reserved seat at our HOME game rounds...

Members that do not wish to pay that EXTRA will be forced to pay a small amount at a fully ticketed match...

FAIRLY SIMPLE really, but I guess it is far too complicated for some...

THE ST KILDA V COLLINGWOOD GAME IS OUR HOME GAME...

OUR HOME GROUND IS THE TELSTRA DOME...

Now if you are just a MEMBER and NOT a MEMBER THAT HAS ALSO PAID EXTRA FOR A RESERVED SEAT well then you just have to pay that little bit extra for the matches that are fully ticketed.

Just why should a member that pays full membership plus a reserved seat be willing to give that up to go to the MCG???

Farken pay the extra couple of dollars and stop the winging for F*** sake.

You lot only have to pay for a seat for about 3 or 4 games a season whilst the members that have paid for a reserved seat pay in advance for the whole season.

:roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i pay $100 for country/interstate membership and then pay another $30 to get into the one game we play over here at aami stadium once a year.......so stop ya bitching :P

$130 a year for one game......do the math :roll:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just one otehr thing..

If we play a home game at the G, reserved seat holders just have an "area" to sit in..NOT a dedicated seat like at TD

That is a depreciation of the value of my membership thanks very much

Its simple..Telstra Dome has around 45,000 public seats. St Kilda has approx 30,000 members. Everyone else's rights to see the game are irrelevant. I dont give a flying fig if 40,000 Collingwood fans cant get in..if I had my way Id ensure that the only people who could buy tickets for the first week were St Kilda members. Let them buy 4 tickets/membership so they can bring Saints friends/family who may not be members. Then what ever is left after that 1st week goes on sale to the General Public

Collingwood already think they own the bloody world, why reinforce it by wanting to move to their home ground????

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saints94
SS Life Member

Are people that poor on this forum :roll:

hilairehinshelwood
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
hilairehinshelwood wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Tell me your not serious...

IT'S OUR HOME GAME and NOT COLLINGWOODS's...

GET A FARKEN CLUE

Our home games are played at the Dome and not at Collingwood's home ground at the G...

ANY WONDER some on here don't bother posting much on here...

FAIR DINKUM...

Some PAY that extra for a reserved seat at our HOME game rounds...

Members that do not wish to pay that EXTRA will be forced to pay a small amount at a fully ticketed match...

FAIRLY SIMPLE really, but I guess it is far too complicated for some...

THE ST KILDA V COLLINGWOOD GAME IS OUR HOME GAME...

OUR HOME GROUND IS THE TELSTRA DOME...

Now if you are just a MEMBER and NOT a MEMBER THAT HAS ALSO PAID EXTRA FOR A RESERVED SEAT well then you just have to pay that little bit extra for the matches that are fully ticketed.

Just why should a member that pays full membership plus a reserved seat be willing to give that up to go to the MCG???

Farken pay the extra couple of dollars and stop the winging for F*** sake.

You lot only have to pay for a seat for about 3 or 4 games a season whilst the members that have paid for a reserved seat pay in advance for the whole season.

:roll:
Winging ?
Sorry, i know this particular fixture has Saints as the home side, just trying to point out that the dome doesn't belong solely to one club, likewise the G. Also why prevent people attending, by holding a big game at the smaller venue.

The AFL seem to have no hard and fast rules who gets to play at their "home" ground as the 'home' side. Just some examples from last year Hawthorn played Collingwood at the Dome both so called MCG sides. Collingwood played Adelaide at the Dome, was that Adelaide's home fixture as it was played to the west of the CBD cos surely Pies never have a home game away from the G? North played the Dogs at the G. Geelong v Pies at the G last year, who was the home side in that one?

If Essendon can forsake so called Home advantage every year where they play both Essendon v Collingwood games at the G, then why cant the saints get those extra fans on board so that they have a better chance of seeing the Saints v Collingwood game.

As for reserved seating, isn't that the problem for accessing the match, level 2 half empty with all those corporate reserved seats, people just don't bother turning up for.

No1_Saint
Club Player

It probably is not a good idea to move now, but I think future blockbuster like games need to be moved there. The club will not move forward financially if it does not have at least one or two 60,000 + crowds a year.

Financially it makes sense as the returns are higher at the MCG
It's good for the brand as big crowds are good for tv coverage and sponsors
It cements the club as a high crowd drawing club

I think that the club will do well with this type of arrangement against Richmond, Collingwood or Essendon. IMHO of course.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

46,000 at Telstra Dome last Friday night would have 65,000 at the MCG..

We should always be playing these two clubs at the MCG.

I'm not sure why people think mid-40s crowds are acceptable. We should be good enough to beat these two clubs anywhere, anytime.

And can I say, I hate seeing the 'all-ticketed' sign go up - always means the crowds will be 5000 smaller than what they should be.

And FWIW, those clubs which play home games at MCG & TD - such as Collingwood and Essendon - have set seats at both venues. So you get your set seat at the MCG as well for home games.

The club should be extremely forthright with the AFL about this - we can pull blockbuster crowds to big venues.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Fine! When it's a Collingwood home game, we'll play at the "G". When it's OUR home game the ONLY other acceptable ground to play on other than TD, is Moorabbin.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

:oops: :oops: :oops:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:46,000 at Telstra Dome last Friday night would have 65,000 at the MCG..

We should always be playing these two clubs at the MCG.

I'm not sure why people think mid-40s crowds are acceptable. We should be good enough to beat these two clubs anywhere, anytime.

And can I say, I hate seeing the 'all-ticketed' sign go up - always means the crowds will be 5000 smaller than what they should be.

And FWIW, those clubs which play home games at MCG & TD - such as Collingwood and Essendon - have set seats at both venues. So you get your set seat at the MCG as well for home games.

The club should be extremely forthright with the AFL about this - we can pull blockbuster crowds to big venues.
so 65,000 fans will go out to watch the game in the cold, cramped seats, 150 meters away from the play, which in itself would be sloppier due to the conditions at night, with the wind and dew setting in....

makes more sense to play it at our homeground, where we play our best football

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.