Training today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Training today

First of all MG and Schneider will not play this week. Ddidnt train. Looks certain that Rixy will be in as he did ruck work with Kosi with MG watching. Neither Clarkes were there. Dont know what that means. C gardiner didnt do more than warn up and went off with knee in a bandage.

Harvs, Chips, Dal, Max and Goose ran laps but they will be ok. The only ones from the seconds to train with seniors was Geary, Rix and Birss plus Bakes and G of course.

Just going from today you would say

Ins Rix, Bakes
Outs Gilbert, King

Then maybe CJ out for Birss.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

First of all MG and Schneider will not play this week. Ddidnt train
Wouldn't read anything into that. Lyon said that MG trained all week last week and Sunday and would train again at the main session this week (which I assume is the closed session tomorrow) Probably playing the cards close to the chest for the open session.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

also wouldnt play anything into schneids not training as he would be the same as MG
i think both will play this weekend,

INS
baker,Schneids,MG

OUTS
Gilbert,King,CJ

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Wouldn't read anything into that. Lyon said that MG trained all week last week and Sunday and would train again at the main session this week (which I assume is the closed session tomorrow) Probably playing the cards close to the chest for the open session.
There main session is today. They train next on Thursday but it is never the main session as it is 2 days before a game. I would think if MG was playing he would at least do tap ruck work on a bag.

yipper
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
There main session is today. They train next on Thursday but it is never the main session as it is 2 days before a game. I would think if MG was playing he would at least do tap ruck work on a bag.
Incorrect. The main training session is NEVER open to the public this year. It will be a closed session - either tomorrow or Thursday. And that is when MG, Schneids etc will be put through fitness tests.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
Incorrect. The main training session is NEVER open to the public this year. It will be a closed session - either tomorrow or Thursday. And that is when MG, Schneids etc will be put through fitness tests.
The main session is today. What they will do on Thursday is how they want players to set up but they only train for 30-40 minutes. So if you were trying to prove your fitness and you hadnt play for a while you would need to train today so I think I am correct but if you think 30 minutes makes it the main session so be it.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

If Plugger says they wont play then they won't play thanks for the info plugger

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:If Plugger says they wont play then they won't play thanks for the info plugger
I wouldnt have a clue but I do know the main training session is today and not training is not a good sign.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Training today

plugger66 wrote:. Neither Clarkes were there. Dont know what that means.
when i was flying home on sunday both Raph and X were on a flight to Darwin both seemed in good spirits so maybe some personal leave was given to the boys to visit the family

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
when i was flying home on sunday both Raph and X were on a flight to Darwin both seemed in good spirits so maybe some personal leave was given to the boys to visit the family
Sounds like it was something like that with both missing. As long as everything is OK and X can play on Saturday.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:also wouldnt play anything into schneids not training as he would be the same as MG
i think both will play this weekend,

INS
baker,Schneids,MG

OUTS
Gilbert,King,CJ
Don't think we'll risk pitting MG who hasn't played for four weeks on the back of an interrupted pre-season, against Brogan and Lade with only Kosi as support.
Looks to me like Rix and Bakes in for King and Gilbert as the only two changes.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:If Plugger says they wont play then they won't play thanks for the info plugger
I wouldnt have a clue but I do know the main training session is today and not training is not a good sign.
:shock:

Nice work plugger.....I hope your wrong though, for the sole reason I dont want to ever, ever, ever again see Michael Rix play a game of football.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
:shock:

Nice work plugger.....I hope your wrong though, for the sole reason I dont want to ever, ever, ever again see Michael Rix play a game of football.
Sorry to say that about a saints player who seems like a good bloke but I am the same.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Sounds like it was something like that with both missing. As long as everything is OK and X can play on Saturday.
both were smiling and laughing having a bit of a joke so i doubt it is anything trdgic or what ever (i didnt approch as i feel when a player isnt representing the club you should just leave them alone)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I'll settle this who's IN and who's OUT arguement for you all

On Thursday...around 6.00pm, with the option to change my mind on Saturday around 7.40pm :wink: :wink: !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Full audio
http://sportal.com.au/mediaplayer/audio ... rence-2484

Ross says:
[quote]with Lyon admitting gun small forward Adam Schneider will be given another week off, despite being close to selection last week.

“He was close (last week) but he won’t play this week, originally we thought he would, but there’s been a slight hiccup and he’s been delayed a week,â€

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

thanks for that saintbrat

he seems pretty keen to play baker and i wouldn't be surprised if allen gets a gig either.

was also very complimentary of mcevoy

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Is it my imagination or does RL have a lot of time for Schneider, he seems to rate him up there with Roo and Harvey.... :? :?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Is it my imagination or does RL have a lot of time for Schneider, he seems to rate him up there with Roo and Harvey.... :? :?
its cause he is from sydney and he is a gun lol

rexy
SS Life Member

Think Raph or Gwilt could be a sniff with Gilbert going down. Baker in for CJ and hopefully Macevoy for King but probably Rix. Dempster was also very quiet and got caught with the ball a couple of times, like Gramm he must feel Geary breathing down his neck.

Maybe this year?
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Gwilt and McEvoy will not play. They did not train with the main group.
For the same reason Schneider and Gardy won't play either

Bakes and Rix will come in for Gilbert and King.

Fraser did train with the main group, but I doubt he will play if Charlie does. However, Roo left the track early and did not look very happy.

Don't know why the Clarkes were not there, but I would expect X to play.

Jayden Attard did some work with the main group and doesn't look far away from a return of some sort.

Geary and Birss also trained with the main group.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I thought Dempster played well against the Dons. Rix has been named emergency for most games this year so he will play for King.
WELCOME BACK BAKER!!!

Seeya
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

rexy wrote:Think Raph or Gwilt could be a sniff with Gilbert going down. Baker in for CJ and hopefully Macevoy for King but probably Rix. Dempster was also very quiet and got caught with the ball a couple of times, like Gramm he must feel Geary breathing down his neck.
Pllllllllllllssssssssss, nooooooooooooo

Qld Saints Supporter Group
St.Walker
Club Player

Gwilt Loves this ground bring him back....Horses for courses

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

schneider goes ok.

a genuine 20 possession a 1 1/2 goal half forward.

probably where guerra should have been had he not been a lazy fat bastard who thought it would come to him on a platter.

I can't stand the fact he didn't put in the effort into st kilda that he did at hawthorn after we resurrected his career :(

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!