Maybe Roo should king hit someone outside a pub

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I think you will find Rooy wishes he had said something else to sledge.
i'm sure he does, but i have limited sympathy for a bloke who beats up on his missus
This is really nothing to do with Lovett. It is more the fact that players need to respect each other and probably shouldnt say something personal after all Joey is a friend with Lovett and what happens if he cracks it with Rooy. Of course that will not happen in this instance but it could happen. Also the player who sledges may lose credabilty amongst other players in the AFL.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:The question I would put is if it happened to one of our players eg Michael gardiner would we be happy.
everyone has a skeleton or two in the closet and it's just something you have to learn to live with ... including the sledges.
I think you will find that 99% of sledges are not personal.
You're joking aren't you?

I'm sure Joey/Milney never get sledged about 'that night'
And Fraser never gets sledged about teh urinating.
And Roo never gets sledged about the 'tears'
Just like Fevola never gets sledged about Lara/ireland/Urinating.
Just like Kerr doesn't get sledged about off-field stuff.
Just like Fletcher doesn't get sledged about Las Vegas.
And we know that Headland didn't get sledged about his tatoo (the Tribunal told us it didn't happen!)

I would imagine the very point of sledging is to make it as personal as possible to best achieve its purpose - to put the person sledged off his game.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Also the player who sledges may lose credabilty amongst other players in the AFL.
depends if you can back it up with action and roo can.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:The question I would put is if it happened to one of our players eg Michael gardiner would we be happy.
everyone has a skeleton or two in the closet and it's just something you have to learn to live with ... including the sledges.

And we know that Headland didn't get sledged about his tatoo (the Tribunal told us it didn't happen!)

I would imagine the very point of sledging is to make it as personal as possible to best achieve its purpose - to put the person sledged off his game.
I think you will find that players have never really sledged Milney and Joey. Dont get confused with what stupid supportors say.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

I think you will find that players have never really sledged Milney and Joey. Dont get confused with what stupid supportors say.
:shock:

who are you calling stupid plugger?
i remember hearing milney say that he often gets things said to him but its like water off a ducks back ....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
mischa
Club Player

Maybe he should've mindlessly piddled outside a police station, got arrested and thrown in the slammer? The moral "authorities" are bound to be everywhere....... :roll: :roll: :roll:

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com
Lennon
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I think you will find Rooy wishes he had said something else to sledge.
i'm sure he does, but i have limited sympathy for a bloke who beats up on his missus
This is really nothing to do with Lovett. .
It's everything to do with Lovett. If you're prepared to do what he did, you will hear about it.

Do you think Nick hasn't heard about his crying a thousand times?

Having a look around other forums, it seems that other than one or two twits on bomberblitz (and even on there, there are those who think it was funny), the people being most critical of Nick are some of the Saints fans on here.

Neutral supporters seem to feel it was a good sledge, and is now a non-issue.

As for most sledges not being personal... what, an impersonal sledge?? That is an oxymoron.

rexy
SS Life Member

B Voss a club champion in my book, his assessment of the list may or may not be correct but it doesnt change the fact that he wore his heart on his sleeve for our club.

M Voss- should comment on football and not moral issues, how lightly he has got off the king hit outside the pub is amazing. Wayne Carey like incident. That goes for G, Scott, Black and anyone else involved. I am not saying I want them to get more attention as I dont, I am interested in their foot ball not their off field lives, but they are lucky.

Fine line sledging. IMO if Roo was big enough to talk to Lovett at any stage after the game and say, sorry mate, low blow but thems the breaks then it is a good sledge.

Caro, swallow a cup of concrete and harden the FiretrUCK up.

Maybe this year?
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:B Voss a club champion in my book, his assessment of the list may or may not be correct but it doesnt change the fact that he wore his heart on his sleeve for our club.

M Voss- should comment on football and not moral issues, how lightly he has got off the king hit outside the pub is amazing. Wayne Carey like incident. That goes for G, Scott, Black and anyone else involved. I am not saying I want them to get more attention as I dont, I am interested in their foot ball not their off field lives, but they are lucky.

Fine line sledging. IMO if Roo was big enough to talk to Lovett at any stage after the game and say, sorry mate, low blow but thems the breaks then it is a good sledge.

Caro, swallow a cup of concrete and harden the FiretrUCK up.
Nicely put, Rexy. Have to agree with all that.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post