Scorpions game vs Bendigo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Jack Steven is a Saints player Saint Brat! Good signs for Casey & I'm assuming that the Geary who kicked 6 for Bendigo is Jarryn's brother.
that darn bold button :) I love his work but he was down today

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

backit wrote:Ferguson geez looked horrible at times but took a couple of good last line marks in contests and then forward and took a great mark in the square and converted. Ran off the backline but also got caught a couple of times. Turned over a few times but was in and under when required. Not playing Seniors for a while at the saints I would say.
I also thought this from the radio coverage, but he was named 3rd best. Also thought Raph Clarke was pretty quiet which you disagree with.

spert
Saintsational Legend

McQ pushing hard for senior selection..watch out CJones??

noddy

Solar wrote:
Pwoit wrote:Scorps 87 - 65
thanks, keeps buffering me :D
Eastern hasnt been buffered for quite a few years :D :D :shock:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:McQ pushing hard for senior selection..watch out CJones??
he can't spert- he is only a rookie and would need someone on long term injury to be elevated

But he has this year to prove he could take a spot next year

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Solar
Saintsational Legend

backit wrote:I was at the game in Bendigo and here are my observations.

Eljay Connors played in the 2nds and picked up a few possessions and showed good skills but took it a bit easy at times.

Khan Haretuka rucked in the 2nds and needs a lot more ruck training but is raw and shows potential.

Fiora did nothing and rotated front to backline and off the ground. Hutchinson gave him a rev at 3/4 time to make it his qtr but only flashed in a couple of times.

Eddy did some good things and carried the ball well but needs to show more.

Mini got a heap of the ball and apart from turnovers was up there as the best. Delivered the ball well into the forward line at times and found space.

Gwilt played down back and ran off some times and contested the ball. took a couple of marks and spoiled his opponent. Kicked a goal in the last qtr from inside the centre square.

Steven showed a lot at times and found space. Appears to have bulked up a bit. A`couple of disposal errors but found it a bit and gave some good second efforts.

Ferguson geez looked horrible at times but took a couple of good last line marks in contests and then forward and took a great mark in the square and converted. Ran off the backline but also got caught a couple of times. Turned over a few times but was in and under when required. Not playing Seniors for a while at the saints I would say.

McEvoy looked all at sea early but started to gain confidence and rucked well. Was up against 3 rucks that the bombers had and was the only scorpions ruck interchanging with silvangi in short bursts and did rest in the forward line as well. Has huge potential with a good ruck coach. A good size unit who will play seniors sooner than later. Ran forward a few times and set others up.

Geary did some good things but was on and off a bit. Hard at it and has skills and poise which showed when needed.

Birss was hard at it all game but like all saints listed players rotated off the bench with each other more than scorps players. set up others well and looked to bring oters into it at times but sometimes putting them under a bit of pressure.

Howard showed alot at times and his disposal did let him done at times. Turned over the ball more than he should have but kept at it and ran the game out. Will play casey a lot more yet.

Raph was a class above the others with his skills, poise and thinking and tackled well (even though the umpires let the game go more then AFL umpires do) earned more free kicks than anyone else. Played on the wing, HBF and went forward late. Always looking for the next option which at times at this level wasn't there.

Allen took some good grabs and lead well. Missed a couple that he should have got but over all did what he should have.

I was sitting up in the stand near the casey stats men and it was interesting to hear that the majority of possessions were from the numbered players past 46 which is all the st kilda listed players.

The casey players who also did well included Wall, Campbell and Parker

I did hear from people behind me talking about why Rix was not out there don't know how accurate or close they are to being right but related to resting on request.

Thats a quick summary and it was good win as the bombers kept coming at the scorps but each time they composed to keep ahead and then run out easy winners.

Cheers.
Thanks for the summary, suprised at your thoughts on raph, nice suprise. Hopefully he can get a good month of form under his belt.

Can't wait to watch bigmac develop

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
james rose
Club Player

whats happened to Luke Van?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:
Pwoit wrote:4th Qtr
Scorpians - 15 10 100
Bummers - 11 6 72

Jaryd Allen kicked 6 goals
ALlen is aweseme! is he on our senior list?
Not sure.

your kidding?????? :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:
Scorpians - 15 10 100
Bummers - 11 6 72

Not sure.

Maybe he wasn't sure if that post read Allen or Alien,not the best spelling we've had on here is it......

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Worrying to hear about Rix not playing, sounds like we could be missing KingGee against arguably the best ruck duo in the land :(

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Great report. Thank you.
backit wrote:
I did hear from people behind me talking about why Rix was not out there don't know how accurate or close they are to being right but related to resting on request.

Yes i thought exactly that as soon as I heard he was not playing....witha 6 day break to the PA game...ad Gardi and King both have question marks...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Good to hear that raph was more in the action.

I would like to see him played as a midfielder for a while to see if he can blooma bit....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:
Scorpians - 15 10 100
Bummers - 11 6 72

Not sure.

Maybe he wasn't sure if that post read Allen or Alien,not the best spelling we've had on here is it......
Got it in one. It was a joke. Maybe should have done this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Good to hear that raph was more in the action.

I would like to see him played as a midfielder for a while to see if he can blooma bit....
Same!

Midfield Forward.....Im not 100% sure, but I wouldn't think he has played backline that much in his junior days...

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

where do folks see mini?

3 years ago he was the next big thing
2 years ago he was struggling for a place although
last year he couldn't get a place in the senior side and when he did got bench time and tagging duties.

he will be 22 in 2 months time, he is 21 right now.

did we cut him too early? was he not given sufficient opportunities?

2 BOGs suggest there is talent there and the essendon magoos boast some rich talent to counter?

I mean his form in 05/06/07 would be similar if not superior to clint jones, with better disposal, and frankly clint jones is going to be 25 this year.

Player ..................MT.K.....H.....D...Avg....M.....Avg T Avg FF FA G Avg B SC Rat Avg
Andrew McQualter..23..137.121.258 .11.2...79....3.4 60 2.6 12 6 5 0.2 3 33 1157 50.3
Clinton Jones........ 9... 53...42... 95.. 10.6..23.. 2.6 20 2.2 6 5 1 0.1 3 9 392 43.6

given clint is more than 2 years older than mini, people talk about clints pressure but mini gets more tackles than clint, more possessions than clint, etc.

also he is started when he was considerably younger, while CJ came in with mature WAFL experience, mini was thrown in the deep end.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Question would be whether Mini is capable of playing the role that CJ does. Chasing and forward pressure. If he is, then it could be his ticket back in.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Solar
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Question would be whether Mini is capable of playing the role that CJ does. Chasing and forward pressure. If he is, then it could be his ticket back in.
kicks goals and his tackling is very very good. Is not as fast as clint but alot better skilled.

good pick up dan and it's interesting that we have goal kicking midfielders in stevens and mini coming through the ranks

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Question would be whether Mini is capable of playing the role that CJ does. Chasing and forward pressure. If he is, then it could be his ticket back in.
prior to his delisting he was a great tackler.

although I would say more in the bracket of close in tackling a la ball rather than the chase down tackling seen by dal santo, sam fisher

that said he is still younger than montagna when monty started his breakthrough from 'OMG why did we waste a pick on this dud, when <insert random hack> was available' to 'monty in our best 3 midfielders on form' bracket.

again not saying mini is monty, but im hopeful we have another string in the bow.

Gwilt played down back and ran off some times and contested the ball. took a couple of marks and spoiled his opponent. Kicked a goal in the last qtr from inside the centre square.

i always said gwilt had a massive hoof on him, like tim allen a decade and a half ago, its whether he can put it together in the seniors is the question.

he's big, he's strong, he can mark, and he can kick, but his decision making is slightly slower than the goodyear blimp in a headwind sometimes.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
backit
Club Player

Just a couple more bits, must say ferguson looks better with a head of hair instead of that shaved look from last season which actually made him look a lot older and more prominent when he was struggling. He does look slow at times but does possess some footy nous. On the day I would have said that his bad and good evened out overall.

Mini looks to have trimmed down from last seasons bulk.

McEvoy at 3/4 time in his midfield group before hutchinson came down was giving his views on what he was intending for the last qtr which from listening to him makes me believe that he has a good footy brain for his age and again with a good tutor will be up there in few years controlling our ruck division.

spiral2
Club Player

backit wrote:McEvoy at 3/4 time in his midfield group before hutchinson came down was giving his views on what he was intending for the last qtr which from listening to him makes me believe that he has a good footy brain for his age and again with a good tutor will be up there in few years controlling our ruck division.
great to hear, thanks backit

did Howard play down back?
was Steven playing on ball? in and under type? how do you rate his skills?

questions, questions :wink:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

a couple of game reports;

http://bendigo.yourguide.com.au/news/sp ... 27220.html

Casey stings at QEO

THE Casey Scorpions yesterday handed the Metricon Bendigo Bombers their third defeat in a row of the VFL season.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.scorpions.com.au/match-repor ... -away.html

Scorpions Kick Away

Casey won their third straight game on the weekend, and in perfect conditions for footy proved too strong when they travelled to Bendigo to take on the Bombers at Queen Elizabeth Oval. The Scorpions now move to third on the ladder, and the team is starting to look like a strong finals threat.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The hard work for the day was seeing the reward now, with Jarryd Allen kicking his 6th goal for the afternoon and the game was all but won weh James Gwilt kicked a 70m bouncing goal to cap off a good performance from the team. The Scorpions were able to run out 41 point victors with 7 last quarter Goals. Andrew McQualter was Best On Ground for the second weekend in a row, and is enjoying his best start to the season yet providing strong on field leadership and working hard all game every game. Jarryd Allen was not too far behind putting in his best effort for the club with 6 goals from both Full Forward and up the ground.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
iceman
Club Player

wasn't sure where to write this, but there is a good article on the scorpions page about youg Stefan Garruba for those that might be interesed?
Seems like a good person, i have only ever met him briefly but can turn it on on the footy field!

http://www.scorpions.com.au/news/lead-s ... ields.html

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I read that iceman and before ai read his age thought he must ahve been mid 20's given the history but still young and giving it a go whereever he can.

Ben McEvoy Interview on saintscnetral.com.au gives some insight into how the alliance is currently working.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Saints94
SS Life Member

How did BIG Mcevoy go?