Great Time had by all

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Great Time had by all

sorry if this belongs in the general forum ....

just wanted to extend a great thanx to all the Moorabin wing people for showing myself the wife and the Father in law a great time on friday night special thanks to Michael for his huge help with getting the tickets !!! the game was great the seats were awsome and the atmosphere was well worth the trip over to melb . it was great to put a face to some of the names on here and im definatly glad to keep my 100% win ratio for saints games i attend in melb (2/2 :lol: ). some things ive noticed from this holiday are

1. Telstra Dome is by far the best place to watch footy live the view of the ground was great from the Morrabin Wing and the atmosphere was quiet good

2 the cost of dinks in the dome are out there we payed $4.80 for a bottle of water !!! absoulte robbery

3 Georgie down at morrabbin does a great job with the saints Museum and it is well worth a look

4 Moorabbin is in a real sad state i looks like its been abandoned for decades

5 Never have i drunk more coffee then this past w/e in Melbourne

6 if i never go to geelong again .... it would be too soon :roll:

7 (appoligies to anyone from Geelong) Geelong by far have the highest d*ckhead quota of most towns ive visited in my life and the females of that area are the less apealling to the eye of the state of victoria

8 ill be back next year !! (god willing)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Glad you and your tribe enjoyed the game Trav..you are our first WA visitor in quite a while to see a win!!!

Arent you glad we met at the Dome early before all the train chaos!!??

Just an aside..and I hope trav doesnt mind me telling this story..

Travs father-in.law is a very keen Cats fan. Lives in WA (this was his first trip to Melb) but is a member...so of course took the chance to see the Catters while he was here.

At Skilled Stadium they slug MEMBERS $29.00 for a reserved seat!!!! Non-Members $50.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So..it cos the three of them $150 for 3 seats for the Sydney game...as compared to $30.00 on the MW for the Saints game the night before.

Extortion I reckon....absolute extortion

Great to meet you all and glad you enjoyed the MW :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Glad you and your tribe enjoyed the game Trav..you are our first WA visitor in quite a while to see a win!!!

Arent you glad we met at the Dome early before all the train chaos!!??

Just an aside..and I hope trav doesnt mind me telling this story..

Travs father-in.law is a very keen Cats fan. Lives in WA (this was his first trip to Melb) but is a member...so of course took the chance to see the Catters while he was here.

At Skilled Stadium they slug MEMBERS $29.00 for a reserved seat!!!! Non-Members $50.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So..it cos the three of them $150 for 3 seats for the Sydney game...as compared to $30.00 on the MW for the Saints game the night before.

Extortion I reckon....absolute extortion

Great to meet you all and glad you enjoyed the MW :-)
ill add to this story the "seats" (and i use that term loosly as they wre a bench with lines painted on them bigenuff to barely fit one butt cheek on ) had a pillar right through the line of vision onto the feild the bar was a makeshift barn !! and the eral locals !!!! NEVER EVER AGAIN Geelong is like a time warp its still 1986 over ther !!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

We could rip off non-members $50 a seat if Moorabbin was still an AFL venue and had $30million spent on seating and renos also.

Kardinia Park is a crock of shyte and should be closed down unless it's seating is increased to a minimum 40,000.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gooner
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Geelong is like a time warp its still 1986 over ther !!!

So things have progressed since I was last there then.

Visiting Geelong is like being in an episode of Life On Mars (top BBC show. watch)

"My name is Sam Tyler I was in a car crash and woke up in 1973. Am I back in time, in a coma or am I mad. Or have I moved to Geelong."

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
esaint66
SS Life Member

Re: Great Time had by all

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:3 Georgie down at morrabbin does a great job with the saints Museum and it is well worth a look

I cant agrre more with you on the first one. Its like take a walk down memory lane litrally and seeing players phtots and thinking oh yeah i remember him and seeing newspepaer clippings and saying oh i remember that.

But on Moorabbin i think it is in quite good condition, the stands may be a little on the run down side, but they dont really have a purpose to serve now. I think its quite good since we moved from there 15 odd years ago and clubs such as collingwood only recently moved from vic park (99 from memory) and they left it in rats**t condition. I was looking at pictures of the 91 season and some footage of it when we made the finals for the first time in a while and the terraces still had weeds in them and such and the only visible thing i could see that was different was the stands (obviously) and the big sponsers billboards behind the goals and on the scoreboard wing were gone.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

gooner wrote:

Visiting Geelong is like being in an episode of Life On Mars (top BBC show. watch)

"My name is Sam Tyler I was in a car crash and woke up in 1973. Am I back in time, in a coma or am I mad. Or have I moved to Geelong."
Shortlist now for Post of the Year....pyssssssssed myself laughig at that one....and spot on..Life on Mars....great great show!

Off topic..but...the sequel, Ashes to Ashes is now available at all good Torrent sites. Its set in the 80s this time snd still features the true star of Life on Mars, the magnificent Gene Hunt :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:sorry if this belongs in the general forum ....

just wanted to extend a great thanx to all the Moorabin wing people for showing myself the wife and the Father in law a great time on friday night special thanks to Michael for his huge help with getting the tickets !!! the game was great the seats were awsome and the atmosphere was well worth the trip over to melb . it was great to put a face to some of the names on here and im definatly glad to keep my 100% win ratio for saints games i attend in melb (2/2 :lol: ). some things ive noticed from this holiday are

1. Telstra Dome is by far the best place to watch footy live the view of the ground was great from the Morrabin Wing and the atmosphere was quiet good

2 the cost of dinks in the dome are out there we payed $4.80 for a bottle of water !!! absoulte robbery

3 Georgie down at morrabbin does a great job with the saints Museum and it is well worth a look

7 (appoligies to anyone from Geelong) Geelong by far have the highest d*ckhead quota of most towns ive visited in my life and the females of that area are the less apealling to the eye of the state of victoria

What about the $100 Roger gave you to put on the Bar? :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: !!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:sorry if this belongs in the general forum ....

What about the $100 Roger gave you to put on the Bar? :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: !!
eastern im still waiting for service from the bar !!!

*BaLLy iS BeST*
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote: 6 if i never go to geelong again .... it would be too soon :roll:

bahahhaha :lol:
oh god that made me laugh. hahahah. ive been trying to tell the bf this for some time. geelong supporters...FERAL.

as for the women...jus found out the bf cheated on me with a 40-yr-old one. ouch...and..ewww. pretty much proves your point eh. :shock: :?

i will miss you bally. but i guess you just didn't want to be here.

heres hoping you are regretting that choice on that last day in september 2010 - go saints.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
gooner wrote:

Shortlist now for Post of the Year....pyssssssssed myself laughig at that one....and spot on..Life on Mars....great great show!

Off topic..but...the sequel, Ashes to Ashes is now available at all good Torrent sites. Its set in the 80s this time snd still features the true star of Life on Mars, the magnificent Gene Hunt :-)
lol - Gene Hunt is a classic :D and is reviered in Geelong with everybody having the same haircut and all driving hotted up '73 Cortina's :wink:

St Trav - glad you enjoyed the Morrabbin wing, hope you could get over the putrid stench of the great unwashed up there in the rarified atshophere of the nosebleed seats :D

Now what about those Indian cricketers? :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)