Mc Evoy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wollongong_saint
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Goose will be lucky to get a game this week.....3 poss. vs Ess playing on the resting ruckman in a BP.... no influence the week before....struggled at Casey...
There is no way Goose would be dropped!! He is coming back from a shocking long-term injury and has gotten through two games unscathed and hasn't done anything bad. His influence has been minimal but at least it hasn't been a negative influence. Give him time.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Wollongong_saint wrote:
BigMart wrote:Goose will be lucky to get a game this week.....3 poss. vs Ess playing on the resting ruckman in a BP.... no influence the week before....struggled at Casey...
There is no way Goose would be dropped!! He is coming back from a shocking long-term injury and has gotten through two games unscathed and hasn't done anything bad. His influence has been minimal but at least it hasn't been a negative influence. Give him time.
agree, after watching hawkins pull sydney to shreds shows the value goose has just as a shut down backman.

plugger66, no I haven't but I have listened and read reports suggesting he is progressing well. Will head down to casey in three weeks time when the footy is back there and let you know

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Macca is NOT strong enough to compete with 30yo Brogan and Lade.....

Luenberger hardly played time in Year 1 and was considered a freak (should have gone #1) Wood was excess, they did not chop him.....but got something they needed for him...he is a third year player...

Kruezer is a freak and is playng, but not as a ruckman (and Carlton are doing what we were doing in 2002,03...developing players)

|Andy|
Club Player

Round 15 St Kilda Carlton. McEvoy vs. Kreuzer.

Make sure we get 2 games into McEvoy before we show Carlton why we took the better ruckman.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Armo now an established mid....
McEvoy now the No 2 ruck...
Steven an emerging mid cum handy small forward..
Allen after some handy games in 2009 now starting to really show the goods
Geary looking good as a running back..

Tis nice to now believe that we have steady stream of future players coming through...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Goose may never make it back,maybe the evolution of the game in the last 2 years has made him redundant.......

Gehrig plays like that and gets reamed,Goose plays like a goose and not a word.......

the only time i notice him is on those stupid Jeld Wen ,what door am i behind,ads.............

I hope he can become a good player again,but gee,it seems like a huge task for him at the moment......

:?:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Goose may never make it back,maybe the evolution of the game in the last 2 years has made him redundant.......

Gehrig plays like that and gets reamed,Goose plays like a goose and not a word.......

the only time i notice him is on those stupid Jeld Wen ,what door am i behind,ads.............

I hope he can become a good player again,but gee,it seems like a huge task for him at the moment......

:?:

people were saying the same think about max at the start of the year.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:people were saying the same think about max at the start of the year.
Except there is actually reason to be concerned over Goose. Max's only problem was injuries, not form or ability. Naturally when an older player struggles to get on the ground you'll have idiots calling for their head.

spert
Saintsational Legend

New young players with potential should have every chance to play a game or two in the seniors during a year, sometimes you get a surprise when they rise to the occasion. Players like Max, Harvs and Gtrain, due to age will take a lot longer to recover when they get injured, so we need to keep blooding the young guys to slot into the seniors.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

This time last week, posters were saying Armo's not ready yet either...

SB10
Club Player

I too thought McEvoy would be a work in progress this year, but he seems to be progressing quicker than expected at Casey.

Hutchison (coach at Casey) is quoted in the paper today saying McEvoy was "outstanding" on the weekend. Could be worth a punt soon, although not this week against Lade & Brogan.

Saintgaz
Club Player

There's lots of talk about McEvoy but what about Van Rheenan? Is he worth a go, or still some time away?

One day it's all got to be worth it.
Right????
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Saintgaz wrote:There's lots of talk about McEvoy but what about Van Rheenan? Is he worth a go, or still some time away?
VR is still on teh Rookie list.