Lenny Hayes - Sean Dempster !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Lenny Hayes - Sean Dempster !!

Just finished watching a tape of the game and was impressed with the way both of these guys went about their business after kicking a goal. No high fives, no fist pumping, no carrying on to the crowd. Just doing the job that they think is expected of them and getting on with it. Reminded me a bit of Nathan Burke. I'd like to see some others follow this lead !!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I just watched the Lions v Hawks and it was great to watch a shoot out between Buddy and Bradshaw but if I had to pick one of these players to play in the Saints it would have to be Bradshaw because of the same reasons you single out Hayes and Dempster. I think the flamboyant type can be a liability especially when things are'nt going your way. For an example you only need to look to Aker.

Bradshaw is a gun and he just goes about his business.

rama35
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:I just watched the Lions v Hawks and it was great to watch a shoot out between Buddy and Bradshaw but if I had to pick one of these players to play in the Saints it would have to be Bradshaw because of the same reasons you single out Hayes and Dempster. I think the flamboyant type can be a liability especially when things are'nt going your way. For an example you only need to look to Aker.Id Take Buddy any day!! you need a few charecters is footy and he is the form player of the competition at the moment.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:I just watched the Lions v Hawks and it was great to watch a shoot out between Buddy and Bradshaw but if I had to pick one of these players to play in the Saints it would have to be Bradshaw because of the same reasons you single out Hayes and Dempster. I think the flamboyant type can be a liability especially when things are'nt going your way. For an example you only need to look to Aker.

You'd seriously rather Bradshaw in your team over Franklin??? :shock:

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I loved the little flick pass hayes put to Dempster when he sunk our fifth major of the first term. That was sensational. These two could really work well together. Great to see all four of our recruits trying their best to earn their place in the team. Kingy, gardiner, Dempster and Schneider! :D

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I thought Dempster looked ok actually.

“Yeah….nah””
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:I thought Dempster looked ok actually.
he was much more confident this week- ( but then the team as a whole was) - last week he stopped several times as if to make a choice but this week more having a go and trusting the guys would be here.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Goal celebrations are team lifting. There is more to sport than strategies and effort, psychology plays a big part in it.

Broodruff
Club Player

Re: Lenny Hayes - Sean Dempster !!

Eastern wrote:Just finished watching a tape of the game and was impressed with the way both of these guys went about their business after kicking a goal. No high fives, no fist pumping, no carrying on to the crowd. Just doing the job that they think is expected of them and getting on with it. Reminded me a bit of Nathan Burke. I'd like to see some others follow this lead !!
I agree. Kinda.
I dont think that every goal you kick, you should run around celebrating. There are a lot of goals where you can just run up, thank the guy that set you up and then get back to business.

However, in saying that. There are those few special goals you get each game that you just jump out of your seat and scream. The goals that put you in front with a few seconds to go. The goals that are just sheer brilliance. The goals that a fillled with passion.
I love to see the passion and excitement amongst the players. It helps you get carried away and so much more involved in the game. Roo's goal late in the 3rd quarter is a perfect example of a goal worth celebrating.