THE GLOVE - Return of the pest

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bungiton
SS Life Member

THE GLOVE - Return of the pest

Finally little Stevie is back, love to see the mini barrell on legs come out firing this week.

Baker should slot straight back into the ones at the expense I believe of Jason Gram.

Gram has reverted back to indicisive play. Last night in the first Q was attrocious with not giving the first option and kicking long bombs to nowhere into forward fifty.

Compare to the sublime forward fifty kicks of BJ and see exactly what I mean. A few posters are out for Blake, Dal or whoever but Gram definately is treading water at the moment.

Baker will give back a little bit of the aggression at the man that has been lacking over the last four weeks.

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: THE GLOVE - Return of the pest

bungiton wrote:Finally little Stevie is back, love to see the mini barrell on legs come out firing this week.

Baker should slot straight back into the ones at the expense I believe of Jason Gram.

Gram has reverted back to indicisive play. Last night in the first Q was attrocious with not giving the first option and kicking long bombs to nowhere into forward fifty.

Compare to the sublime forward fifty kicks of BJ and see exactly what I mean. A few posters are out for Blake, Dal or whoever but Gram definately is treading water at the moment.

Baker will give back a little bit of the aggression at the man that has been lacking over the last four weeks.
Gram aint going anywhere. Fisher or Dempster would be out before him. Both are taggers and so is Baker. We dont need to lose anymore foot speed.

bungiton
SS Life Member

Grams role is becoming redundant. BJ is definately a better option as a link man, Fisher or Dempster can utilise their stopping skills on a back flank as well as in the middle.

Gram has lost the spark and I truly hope he can get it back, why is HE immune to being dropped?

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:Grams role is becoming redundant. BJ is definately a better option as a link man, Fisher or Dempster can utilise their stopping skills on a back flank as well as in the middle.

Gram has lost the spark and I truly hope he can get it back, why is HE immune to being dropped?
One simple reason. He is better than Fisher and Dempster. Fisher was on Stanton last night and he was one of their better players. We dont need 3 taggers and we need Grams run. By the way he wasnt bad last night IMO it s just we expect better but is that a reason to drop a guy.

bungiton
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
bungiton wrote:Grams role is becoming redundant. BJ is definately a better option as a link man, Fisher or Dempster can utilise their stopping skills on a back flank as well as in the middle.

One simple reason. He is better than Fisher and Dempster. Fisher was on Stanton last night and he was one of their better players. We dont need 3 taggers and we need Grams run. By the way he wasnt bad last night IMO it s just we expect better but is that a reason to drop a guy.
Turnovers, missing targets, indecision are all great reasons to drop others but not Gram?

Classic example last night has CJ running beside him calling for a hand pass, Gram indecisive, doesn't give off chooses to bounce muffs it caught holding the ball.

CJ has attrocious footskills but offers so much more in attack on the man, second third efforts and defensive pressure. I'd rather drop CJ in there and let Gram get his mojo back in the magoos.

Simply having a bloke in the team coz he runs quick is a little silly isn't it?

I'd love to see Gram return to the high standards he did but he ain't nowhere near it yet.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Turnovers, missing targets, indecision are all great reasons to drop others but not Gram?

Classic example last night has CJ running beside him calling for a hand pass, Gram indecisive, doesn't give off chooses to bounce muffs it caught holding the ball.

CJ has attrocious footskills but offers so much more in attack on the man, second third efforts and defensive pressure. I'd rather drop CJ in there and let Gram get his mojo back in the magoos.

Simply having a bloke in the team coz he runs quick is a little silly isn't it?

I'd love to see Gram return to the high standards he did but he ain't nowhere near it yet.
So you are saying he was our worst player last night?

bungiton
SS Life Member

Nope but he is definately out of form, not giving it to the guy but at the moment if we have the luxury of dropping Fiora or Gehrig, we definately have the luxury of dropping Gram.

Both the above ommissions are well and truly justified, so is Gram.

EDIT: the magoos is where players should play to regain form, chancing a sudden revival in seniors is fraught with danger.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Fisher before Gram. Fisher is slow, and average foot skills - has a red hot go and does a fair jobgives 100% but I would keep Dempster in before Fish.

Sorry Fish, but Bakes has to come straight back in.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:Nope but he is definately out of form, not giving it to the guy but at the moment if we have the luxury of dropping Fiora or Gehrig, we definately have the luxury of dropping Gram.

EDIT: the magoos is where players should play to regain form, chancing a sudden revival in seniors is fraught with danger.
So we drop Gram because he isnt at his best and keep Fisher who taggeda player who was their second best player last night and a tagger is coming back into the side. Isnt it horses for course. What about CJ should he still be in? Maybe the worst kick to play the game in the last 20 years. Jack Daniels kicks like Tony Lockett compared to CJ.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
bungiton wrote:Nope but he is definately out of form, not giving it to the guy but at the moment if we have the luxury of dropping Fiora or Gehrig, we definately have the luxury of dropping Gram.

What about CJ should he still be in? Maybe the worst kick to play the game in the last 20 years. Jack Daniels kicks like Tony Lockett compared to CJ.

very fair and accurate. his footskills stink.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

What about CJ should he still be in? Maybe the worst kick to play the game in the last 20 years. Jack Daniels kicks like Tony Lockett compared to CJ.

CJ is so bad at kicking BUT i love the kids pace etc,
IN
baker,Schneider,Gardiner,Gehrig

OUT:
this is a hard one, Maybe gram,CJ,

bungiton
SS Life Member

I note that CJ's footskills suck, but his defensive efforts at the man with the ball, second and third efforts, chase and hassling far outway anything Gram is bringing to the game at the moment.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:I note that CJ's footskills suck, but his defensive efforts at the man with the ball, second and third efforts, chase and hassling far outway anything Gram is bringing to the game at the moment.
I know you must be joking so thats for your humour this early on saturday. Still cant stop laughing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

ralphysaints35 wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

IN

OUT:
i dont think you can play with 24 men

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

IN

OUT:
i dont think you can play with 24 men
i relise that,
i dont know who else you could drop

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

on a night when the team made an effort to do the team things and play hard, aggressive footy, Gram's half hearted, p1ss weak efforts cost us at least 4 goals. He is a front runner and one of those players that V2 was talking about when he mentioned selfish players. i would much rather have a guy like Blake or Fisher who will have a red hot go every time than a guy who thinks he is a lot better than he actually is. Btw people here talk about foot skills, gram absolutely butchered the ball last night

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

BringBackMadDog wrote:on a night when the team made an effort to do the team things and play hard, aggressive footy, Gram's half hearted, p1ss weak efforts cost us at least 4 goals. He is a front runner and one of those players that V2 was talking about when he mentioned selfish players. i would much rather have a guy like Blake or Fisher who will have a red hot go every time than a guy who thinks he is a lot better than he actually is. Btw people here talk about foot skills, gram absolutely butchered the ball last night

turn it up fool.

aussiejones
Club Player

Gram is obviously a bit out of form or ?

He will be back ....

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

aussiejones wrote:Gram is obviously a bit out of form or ?

He will be back ....
ofcourse grammy will be back , Think he will be with us for another 3/4 years atm there working on the contract but yeah he has a knee problem so that explains it

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:
aussiejones wrote:Gram is obviously a bit out of form or ?

He will be back ....
ofcourse grammy will be back , Think he will be with us for another 3/4 years atm there working on the contract but yeah he has a knee problem so that explains it
At this rate you will break the world record for posts.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:Classic example last night has CJ running beside him calling for a hand pass, Gram indecisive, doesn't give off chooses to bounce muffs it caught holding the ball.
I'd rather back our chances with Gram taking on 3 opposition players than giving it to Jones. If it was any player other than CJ I don't think Gram would have hesitated to dish it off.

rexy
SS Life Member

Gram was not good last night, not good at all. His form without the ball (defensively) is very bad, he does not attack the loose ball or the man with the ball at all, He did play up the ground at stages which is much better IMO however his run and evasiveness was ruined by foot skills and indecisiveness.

All this said I dont think it is time to drop him yet, his pace is invaluable as is his penetration with kicking, hope Roo and the other leaders are living up to their pre season promise and have the balls to look him in the eye this week and say,"you are a good player who is not doing enough, lift".

If Gardiner comes back then Blake is in all sorts IMO, not playing terribly but there is just no spot for him I dont think. CJ was very quiet as was dempster IMO.

Possibly out Blake and CJ, in Gardiner and Baker.

I wouldnt bring Gehrig back for an interstate trip, only other possible change I see is Geary in for Dempster or Gramm but I think we should perservere with these two.

Good win with a 3 quarter effort, Charlie Gardiner is a better footballer than I thought but must work on his confidence in front of goals, its OK to kick the ball hard Charlie, it doesnt need to land inside the fence line.

Maybe this year?
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Gram appears to be a confidence player.

Just needs more time.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....