Rucking situation

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kalsaint
Club Player

Richter wrote:
plugger66 wrote:What was evident is Kosi has completely lost his ability to ruck. Blake was more competitive.
Yep, for mine the major difference between the teams.

1st half King in the ruck - well on top

3rd quarter Hille smashed Kosi, who looked totally at sea, and delivered the ball on a plate to his onballers. Blake did his best, but not really competitive against one of the league's best ruckmen.
While the Bumbers were able to get more possession from the centre bounces I believe the biggest impact on their ability to score goals was related to turnovers not clearance/rucking.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I'm sorry all you Kosi-in-the-ruck lovers, but Kosi is NOT a ruckman and never will be. Sadly, Blake is a more effective centre boumce ruckman.

This fixation with Kosi being an asset to the ruck division has me flummoxed. He simply has no idea of ruck work.

Mad Saint Guy was right about McEvoy. If he is to play, Port Adelaide would be the perfect team to utterly smash him physically and mentally. It would be foolish to consider him for next week.

I'm not convinced Gardiner will be right to play. So for me, it's Blake and, dare I say it, Rix. Irrespective of his level of talent, a big strong body is required against Lade and Brogan. By playing Kosi in the ruck, we would rob ourselves of a key forward, as he would be just as ineffective as Rix against Lade and Brogan. Why sacrifice a forward supremacy for ruck ineffectiveness? It just doesn't make sense.

By the way, King's ruck work against Hille was simply awesome.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:By playing Kosi in the ruck, we would rob ourselves of a key forward, as he would be just as ineffective as Rix against Lade and Brogan. Why sacrifice a forward supremacy for ruck ineffectiveness? It just doesn't make sense.
well said

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:I'm sorry all you Kosi-in-the-ruck lovers, but Kosi is NOT a ruckman and never will be. Sadly, Blake is a more effective centre boumce ruckman.

This fixation with Kosi being an asset to the ruck division has me flummoxed. He simply has no idea of ruck work.

indeed..

and it is not just his poortapwork...but his lack of body work

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....